Fraser Place Central Seoul
  • Restaurant
Shilla Stay Seodaemun(Seoul)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswashing machinecity hallbedroom deluxesuper deluxegreat apartmentserviced apartmentdo not disturb signsauna facilitiescoffee beanssmall kitchencentral seoulrice cookerlotte martmin walkfront desk staffthe bushouse keeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Really good located, but some times hard to find. Not far from Muendong and Railway station. Staff is very friendly. Rooms are well furnished but restroom not big. The re are a lot of coffee shops around. Shapping mals and subway are also in walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Sean Y, Manager at Fraser Place Central Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on your stay at Fraser Place Central Seoul and we are pleased to know that you had a great time in Seoul.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Centrally located, suites are large and plenty of space. Two bedrooms, kitchenette and living room provide enough space for a small family that has to stay few days before a relocation.
For a normal traveller, the place is little lacking of charme, decoration of the rooms is really basic and certainly not highly sophisticated.
Rest of the facility is rather simply and breakfast is correct.

Room Tip: High and backside of the hotel. Front side is a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We appreciate for your kind review on our facilities.
Your comments are well noted and it will be one of suggestion when we do renovation in all apartments which will most likely start end of this year.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed in a 2 bedroom super deluxe with my family. We were 4 adults and 4 young children. I wrote to inform the hotel beforehand of the large number of people and asked about extra charges. Since my children were all under 6, there were no extra charges.

The hotel-apartment looked just like how it is shown in the pictures. I was expecting the hotel pictures to be glammed up but I'd say the maintenance was pretty good. It was really spacious. The kitchen was fully equipped. I wish there were instructions to how to use the washing machine and dishwasher though. Wasn't too sure how to use them. The beds were really comfortable. I was surprised they didn't provide toothbrushes though. There were the usual shower gels, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Do bring your own toothbrush. If you didn't, no problem. 7-11 is just next to the hotel.

Coffee bean is located next to the hotel lobby so I had my lovely coffee fix every morning.

I'm full of praises for the lovely receptionists. They were most helpful and I'd say their command of English is really good given that everywhere I go in Korea, nobody understood English. There were a couple of nights I was really tired from the outing and we didn't have anymore strength to get dinner. The recept actually helped us order delivery. I wish I wasn't too tired to catch her name.

The subways aren't really that close by so if you have young children, it's probably not that convenient. The 2 subways close by, however, are the central stations. Which means you can easily assess different coloured lines from them. So they are actually worth the walk. Lotte mart is about a 10mins walk away.

With 4 children under 6 I went on the taxi most of the time. Now, this is the problem. Most drivers have no idea where the place is. Luckily I read reviews on Tripadvisor and I printed out the address and phone number of the hotel in Korean language. Even then, the taxi drivers had to pause for a while and think. Some had to call the hotel. A couple went the wrong way. None of them knew immediately where the hotel was located. So if you are staying here, print out the hotel address and phone number in korean words. Not English. It'll be useful whereever you go.

The sauna, I must say, is the most underrated facility that is mentioned here. Do make time to go to the sauna. I regretted only going the day before I left the hotel. I should have gone there every night. If you do not have time for Jjimjilbang, just go to the sauna located next to the swimming pool.

Overall it was an extremely pleasant experience. I would stay here again if I'm returning to Seoul.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. I stayed on the third floor and missed out on the beautiful views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Momokokomo
Sean Y, Manager at Fraser Place Central Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to know that your stay at Fraser Place Central Seoul was enjoyable, especially service provided by reception staff made you satisfied was greatly assuring for us that we are on right direction.
To increase the awareness of our location, we will discuss with our marketing team to find suitable solution.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments, we all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed one night at Fraser Place Central Seoul in a clean, spacious double studio. As others have mentioned, the location is great but the washing machine was what made all the difference. Seoul was hot and steamy when we were there in May 2014 and being able to easily wash (and dry-the machines are also dryers) the clothes of my sweaty teenage sons and husband meant that I was spared the usual assault on my nostrils when we returned home and they opened up their luggage. I would definitely recommend this hotel (- though the floor to ceiling windows could be a bit unnerving to someone with acrophobia).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Sean Y, Manager at Fraser Place Central Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and we all are pleased to know that your stay was comfortable and our service and facilities were well accepted.

One of difference that we have from other conventional hotel would be the washing machine and kitchen in the room with proving hotel services such as cleaning, concierge and 24 hours reception service, this is definitely well received to travelers.

Once again, thank you for the comments and we look forward welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We spent 4 nights on double studio room, and found the accommodation to include all necessary items with some nice additions too.
Double studio was very spacious and comfortable. 14th floor apartment was on non-smoking floor, and there was really not any cigarette smell. The nearby construction site didn't bother us at all.
The hotel is near Seoul train station and City Hall metro station, so it was very easy to travel forward.
Wifi worked rather good, but could have been better.
I'd recommend this hotel to persons who would like to stay in main city area, but would like to avoid the most busiest areas.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your kind review on your recent stay at Fraser Place Central Seoul.
As you commented, we have non-smoking floors and we are in the process of increasing the numbers of non-smoking floors/rooms as we receive more request.
Also, it is our annual property improvement plan to increase WI-FI capacity as most guests carry/use multiple devices.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments, we will spare no efforts to further improve our service and facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.