Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Seoul
from US$11.00
from US$8.00
from US$15.00
1 result
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

I wandered into this area after visiting a Michelin-star restaurant in the vicinity.
What caught my attention was the design of the building. One particular dimension of the design, reminded me of Frank Gehry's Sail at Bilbao. Then I realized it is a museum, juxtaposed with office spaces. It occurred to me that the owner is pretty smart to get a steady stream of income from office rental, than to rely on the museum's admission income. As it turns out, it's pretty famous for plastic surgery.

Well, back to the museum. The entrance fee is KRW8000, and the exhibit is Korean ancient pottery. Well, pottery is not my cup. Ancient is not my cup. If it is modern art, I would have visited in a jiffy. Then a whiff or aromatic coffee caught my nose.

The plebian me deserted ancient korean pottery for......a real cup of coffee & a yummy slice of cake at Cafe Artisee, located right at the building. Well, at least I admired the architecture of this golden building & had a satisfying afternoon tea, which catching up with my writing......