“Nile River Cruise”

Private Guided Day Tour: Giza Pyramids, Egyptian Museum and Nile Dinner Cruise
Ranked #39 of 745 things to do in Egypt
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Stretching for 4,187 miles, the longest river in the world flows from its major source, Lake Victoria in east central Africa, through Uganda, Sudan, Ethiopia and northwards into Egypt to the Mediterranean Sea.
Arlington, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nile River Cruise”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We took a Nile River cruise to go to lunch. It was a very nice ride and it was interesting thinking about what it must have looked like 1000's of years ago. My date is not correct but it is the closest one I could enter.

Visited July 2013

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“simply enchanting”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Nile cruise consists of a boat cruise with many stops to visit local temples and other monuments. You don't have to wait for a stop to be enchanted by this river valley. While the boat proceeds its journey, looking at the fields, farmers, fishers, nature…. you can really relax. I enjoyed everything, visits and time on boat. I was told there are many boat types and prices (at the time I did this trip). But now, unfortunately, this cruise has lost success because of local political crisis. What a pity. Less agencies/boats offer this cruise. Maybe a good thing because the truism was huge there….. but maybe the lack of concurrence means less interest for quality. Anyway … I will do it again, that is sure. I just wait for my kids to be bigger :D:D:D --- my cruise package had an optional tour to Abu Simbel (short flight, can be done by bus too), and I can just say…. to be there and miss Abu Simbel , would be a mistake !! :)

Visited October 2013
3 Thank MAlbertoS
new west, bc
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Miss Esadora Nile Cruise.”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Friendly staff, clean nice rooms, good food. A very big thank to the House-Keeping staff, always clean and clean to make sure the boat is perfect for tourists! Dinning staff had trouble with the head steward as he asked us to go sit in another table, He maybe trying to put his friendly group together, although we did not have too many guests that night. All should be thanked to some tourists came to this boat as tourism down now a days and not very many boats working! One day morning we missed the Breakfast, although we came to eat right time they changed the time in Egypt but boat did not make any notification anywhere about that!! Even the staff did not make any effort to provide simple Breakfast for us, just cleared everything and that was the end of morning meal!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank jaywithanage
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nile Legacy Cruise was amazing!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Me and my mum travelled on Thomson's Nile Legacy 21-28 May All Inclusive. Where do I start?

Everything was amazing! Our cabin was bigger than our bedrooms at home combined and perfectly polished - everything was clean and we couldn't fault it. The bed is absolutely massive (which was handy for mother and daughter sharing!) and our bathroom was spotless. All the facilities were amazing within the room (tea and coffee refreshed twice a day, as were the towels, and cleaned twice a day) - being able to open the window and look out as we cruised was brilliant!

The rest of the boat, inside and out, was spotless. It was clean, decorated to a high standard and all staff were amazing! From the porters, to the cleaners, to bar staff and managers, everyone was happy and helpful and polite. A special thanks to Ash, Romany, Mo (good luck for your wedding in October - remember my invitation!), Khalef and Michael on the bar - you were all so kind and friendly, I couldn't bring myself to say goodbye to you all in case I got upset! Our room cleaners who created the towel figures that we looked forward to everyday - thank you! Our Rep, Waleed, was fantastic and very friendly - we'll be sending a shoebox of goodies to the Sunshine Orphanage soon! I also want to make a special thank you to Hasan, our tour guide, who taught me so many things about Egypt (Ancient and Modern) and made every guest feel at home in his country. He clearly loves his country and Egyptology and this shows when you ask him questions about either the temples or the Pharaohs or (as we were there election week) the life of Egyptians in modern Egypt. He was fantastic and I only wish I could've thanked him personally but he jetted off to Cairo on Wednesday morning so he could vote (hope you got there in time!) - and thank you for the help with my niece's hieroglyphic t-shirt!

The food was fantastic - my only complaint would be the breakfast. The eggs and pancakes cooked to order were delicious, as were the pastries, but unless you're into your fruit and cereal, there's not much else on offer. Lunch and dinner, on the other hand, was all delicious! How I managed to walk around all those temples after eating the quantities I did the night before, I'll never know!

The trips themselves were brilliant and well organised. We had plenty of free time to roam around the sites but short enough that we didn't get bored. I'd probably give Karnak and Luxor a miss next time and explore Luxor town as I felt there wasn't much time to do that. Yes, the people do hassle you at every tourist spot but either keeping your head down or maintain a conversation with someone was enough to keep them at bay. We'd discuss the Teletubbies as loud as we could and they would leave us alone! I would say, however, that just because they hassle doesn't mean you shouldn't buy. There are some amazing bargains to be had if you barter right - same story with the boatmen who hook onto the cruise ship. They'll throw up tablecloths and all sorts - mine started at 350 Egyptian Pounds and I ended up getting it for 50 Egyptian - that's essentially a £30 reduction - many thanks to Karen for her superb business skills on that! But to reiterate - the sellers are harmless; we didn't have any problems and no one was touched or anything by them. Yes, they can be irritating but they are so desperate at this time and don't understand that Brits prefer to browse, so try and be understanding.

I realise this is VERY long, but there's so much to say and praise about this cruise - anyone is welcome to message me (if that's a thing on this site) if they have any questions. As I said, the only complaint I'd have would be the breakfast, and possibly more Al A Carte dining on the cruise. A reviewer below said they had a BBQ on the last night on the Legacy but we were up on top deck all night and had no BBQ - that would've been lovely, though.

Finally, I wanted to thank everyone who was on our boat during our holiday. We met some fantastic people during our (short!) week in Egypt. Remembering names is not my forte, but Sue and Allen (we spent most of our nights with you and you're both lovely people with fantastic humours), Karen and Mike (you saved us from 4 hours at Gatwick and we will be eternally grateful!), Christine and Mike (Christine, your sense of humour is dry and brilliant and you always had me in stitches), Nicola and Bob (wish we'd spoken to you more! You are so well travelled and cultured - hope Sharm was nice!) and finally the gentleman who wore his headscarf all the time for the last couple of days and his wife - you were both lovely but I forgot your names (two lagers was the order, right?!). Everyone else was fantastic but I don't recall your names - if you remember me, do get in touch with any photos - we'd love to see pics of the group and keep in contact! I think the size of the group made this holiday - being only 40-odd, friendships formed very quickly and it ended up feeling like a cruise with all your best mates! Thank you to everyone who has been/is going to Egypt - they need us, and it's safe as houses. The Egyptians are generally warm and friendly people and their country is stunning!

Thank you Thomson and thank you to everyone on the Nile Legacy during that week - I was truly so upset to leave after such an amazing time (a few tears were shed, I'll admit!). I'll never forget that holiday and I'll be doing my damnedest to return next year!

Visited May 2014
9 Thank EmmerrLouise
Udamalpet, Tamil Nadu, India
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 240 helpful votes
“very nice cruise”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

After an academic orthopaedic meeting we went on a cruise in double decker boat for about 4 hours. We had a good dinner and two entertainment programme was there in the upper and lower deck. We really enjoyed programme and the cruise.

Visited December 2013