“Thomson couples Nile legacy cruise”
Review of Nile River

4-Day 3-Night Nile Cruise from Aswan to Luxor
Ranked #80 of 754 things to do in Egypt
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Stretching for 4,187 miles, the longest river in the world flows from its major source, Lake Victoria in east central Africa, through Uganda, Sudan, Ethiopia and northwards into Egypt to the Mediterranean Sea.
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Thank you to a wonderful crew and Thomson for looking after us during our cruise down the Nile. The Thomson legacy was a fantastic boat with superb crew and nothing was too much trouble. Great and exceptionally clean cabins with fantastic floor to ceiling patio windows which lets the Nile float passed even when inside your fresh air conditioned cabins. Great service, good and varied food and overall very well maintained. Would defiantly recommend this boat and holiday. Found June very hot whilst visiting the temples around 50c but always a pleasure whilst onboard as fully air conditioned throughout the whole boat, making it a pleasure to be onboard.

10  Thank gazzauk007
Write a ReviewReviews (1,742)
All reviews
in 36 reviews
"ancient egypt"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We enjoyed the experience of cruising the Nile. We were aboard the Semiramis III. I have a hard time believing this is a 5 star cruise boat, as advertised. We actually had to walk through another cruise ship to disembark one day that seemed like it must be 10 stars if ours was supposedly 5. We thought the furnishings looked somewhat worn, though our room and the ship itself was very clean. The staff were very helpful and friendly and interesting towel art surprised us in our room many evenings. You cannot throw any waste in the toilets (including toilet paper, which you must throw in the trash can) so be forewarned if this is something that would bother you. We thought that while there were a variety of foods (every day a rice, meat, fish, pasta, and multiple veggie dishes), they were extremely bland. Every one of them, every day. In fact, we hated the food. Nothing was Arabic or unique to the region other than the salad bar selections, which were very good, but because I ate large salads for lunch and dinner everyday (because I literally could not find any buffet options I liked), and they were likely rinsed with local water, I ended up with intestinal issues, as did the other couple with whom we were traveling. The best meal of my trip was when we forsook our included dinner one night and left the boat and ate at a restaurant. Sailing the Nile once I think is plenty for me, but worth the experience. While not bad for the price, I would not select the Semiramis III. PS, I actually sailed in July last week, but the computer won't give me that option of selecting.

3  Thank DrJennyNovi_Michigan
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The Nile Legacy Cruise is a Thomson Adults only holiday. My wife and I travelled on 21 to 28 May 2014 with a second week staying at the Premier Le Reve in Sahl Hashish (Hurghada) see seperate review. The whole experience was exceptional. The accommodation on the boat was very good as were the food and staff etc.You are allocated a table in the restaurant on the first day which although a potential problem, we were seated next to a really great couple who we spent many a pleasant hour with beside at the dining table.I am not sure how full the boat was , but there was always pleanty of room on the top deck (sun area, pool and bar) and getting drinks was never a problem. Tipping is a part of the culture in Egypt, but on the boat it was expected that the tip was given at the end of the holiday and shared between all the staff.
It is possible to book as an All inclusive deal or Full board plus which provided drinks with meals.
The trips to see the various sites were primarily in the mornings and although it is HOT in Egypt, most of our fellow guests seemed to manage quite well with the physical demands.
I felt there was a good balance of trips with sufficient time off to relax on board and enjoy the unique sights as we sailed down the Nile.
We were split into three groups for the sight seeing, with the same professional Egyptologist guide each time. We were with Charlie (Ahmed) who was a a great character as well as extreemly knowledgeable.
It was a fantastic experience a holiday to remember and one that we would highly reccommend without reservation.

6  Thank Whensthenextone
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

It has to be said it is a massive river both length and breast it would be a fair - row (pharoah).... lovely place went from luxor to aswan and back. I would recommend to any1 we stayed on the nile legacy. ..everyone should go.

2  Thank roger019750