“A nice place to start”

Ranked #5 of 54 Cairo B&B and Inns
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“A nice place to start”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I started my stay in Egypt here. You can't beat their closeness to the Egyptian Museum or the friendliness of the staff. I couldn't find a place to eat, due to Ramadon, and the manager invited me to eat with him. Also, air conditioning was a necessary and my room was very comfortable. Thanks!

Room Tip: For $35 American, the price was right. I stayed in a single room, with my own shower. After the da...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
darwin
Reviewed 12 June 2012

The guys at this place will do anything for you. Would advise getting there airport pickup as could be hard to find first off. Any budget traveler would love this place. Rooms are aircon sat tv fridge. Big rooms. Close to museum

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank DarwinNewtraveler
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I had a wonderful time with ISIS hotel in Cairo. The room has a very nice view of the city and the river Nile. The hotel also took me from the airport to hotel in the early morning (4:15 am) which is really kind. Also the receptionist gave many advices on how to explore the city.

All in all if I visit Cairo again, I will definitely stay at ISIS again because of the hospitality of the staff especially Mohamed Ali and Hamdy (for the wonderful tea).

Room Tip: room near the reception
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank long n
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This hotel/B&B is on the 15th floor overlooking the 6th October Bridge and Ramsees St, 5 minutes from Tahrir Square and the Museum so it's a brilliant location. We were able to use the kitchen to boil water for tea when we wanted and Mohammed was extremely helpful and friendly. It's fairly quiet as it's so high and the view is good. The rooms have wooden shutters which makes it dark and easy to sleep. It was generally clean although the last night there was a problem with the kitchen drain which backed up into our bathroom but overall we felt it was clean.

Breakfast was included in the price and consisted of an omelette, tea, coffee, bread and cheese which was a good start for the day. We could also buy water and Pesie and there was a fridge in the room.

The bathroom was big but I do have to say the water in the shower was terrible. It was hot but there was very little pressure and this was always the case.

The entrance is from a grotty lobby which might put some people off but there is 24 hour security and the security guy was friendly. There are business and residential apartments in the building.

There was free wi-fi internet and it always worked well as did the air-conditioning.

We used their driver Raoff who was brilliant and very helpful - definitely worthwhile in a City like Cairo. As we were only there for a short time we had him for the three days as he picked us up from the airport as well. He is extremely knowledgable about Cairo and always ready to offer advice. I would say however, that I'd ask him to come into the Pyramids with you as that place is a real rip-off and extremely difficult to keep the touts at bay. I'm sure he would if you asked but we didn't and regretted it. You would have to pay his entrance fee I guess but as he's your driver for the day it would be well worth it as the whole Pyramid area is... well.. difficult to negotiate given the intensity of the touts.

I would recommend Isis hotel as in this price range it ticks all the boxes. I read all the reviews before I left and noted that one person said many of them were one off reviews. I agree, the Management did encourage us to write a review while we were there so perhaps some people felt obliged to do so, however I waited till I got home and this is a genuine review.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty similar although the room at the front is bigger than the others and no extra n...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank bollidarling
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I travelled with my wife and three children to Cairo in May 2012. We stayed at ISIS hotel and was very happy there. The staff are honest, helpful. As a man travelling with three young children safety was important and ISIS hotel is safe.

We had a spacious family room that suited our familt good.

Room Tip: It has a great location right in the center of town.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Isis Hostel has a great view on the 15th floor. Friendly staff are helpful and provide some hospitality services what you need while staying in the hostel and Egypt. We are deaf backpackers and pleased with the driver who is willing to communicate with us, including hostel staff. We had a great time staying in Cairo for four days.

Room Tip: The room is comfortable with private bathroom. It also has AC and a small TV set.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The hotel located very close to Egytion museum, it's on the 15th floor so it has a great view of the city. They have free pick up from the airport if you stay more than 2 days, which is great. stayed 3 days and booked desert trip with them, which turned out good. The staffs are nice and helpful, so is the driver. There is a great Egyption resteraunt close to the hotel too, and you can ask the front desk to order food delivery for you. free wifi, ac,and elevator.rooms aree clean and pretty big. A good place to stay when visiting Cairo. The only reason I gave a four star is because it's a little bit noisy at night. becuase it's really close to a major road, and close to some mosques, so you can hear the song in 4 am some days..

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo