“Basically a great bargain.”
Review of Isis Hotel

Isis Hotel
Ranked #8 of 60 Cairo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 May 2014

One cannot hide the fact that this "hotel" is a whole floor of a tower block that is run like a hostel. And as such it does a great job: a fantastic price, great location, good staff but it is very, very basic. My bathroom was, erm, just fitting of being called a bathroom although the hot water was a bit sporadic.

But my greatest moment (other than taking photos of Cairo from a 15 storey window) was chatting with a Middle Eastern chap in the reception. I was sitting there with my crutches and so was he. I speak no Arabic and he spoke a tiny bit of English. "Me, England." "Me, Syria". Ok so far. "Me, accident" and pointed to my back. "Me, government, bullet, now hospital". I was impressed by his English but, unfortunately, I think that that was it. So... I was sitting in a reception with a Syrian rebel who had been injured and was in Cairo for medical treatment. Yes, this is what the Isis Hotel is about.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank ncw73
There are newer reviews for Isis Hotel

Reviewed 7 February 2014

The staff helped with everything that I needed. Nice accommodation and good price. Mohammed Ali and Mohammed Mostafa were fantastic guides, giving the helping what I really asked and every moment. I liked a lot the floor where the hotel is because you can see the city of Cairo in a wonderful view. The room was so big for me and enjoyed much their cleaning beds and the bathroom. It has a hot water and they change the bedding every day.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Maria P
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately we only stayed at Isis Hotel for 1 day! The location is perfect very central, the rooms clean and comfortable and the owners were very helpful and welcoming! We'll definitely stay at Isis again!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Quenchers
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I came from Saudi Arabia (Pakistan national) with my family, i spend five night. The hotel is located at very best location very near to Egyptian Museum. All staff and driver are very cooperative. specially Mohammed Ali and Mr. Arabe. They give us free trip to Giza Pyramids and Airport.

The only we face problem with hot water is very slow.

Tanveer

Room Tip: Please take the any corner room for best city view at 16 floors.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My 3 day stay at this downtown hotel was amazing, service good and room neat and tidy. I had a large room on the side but still had a Nile view. Plenty hot water for shower, good satellite TV for those who want it, wi-fi not always on but strong when working. Had a very interesting talk with Mohamed Ali at the front desk, he gave me a good background of the situation in Egypt at present, and the way the police and army work, very interesting. Breakfast not that great but enough for me. I would recommend this hotel for budget or backpack travelers.

Room Tip: Room 604 is large with a double and single bed, on the side so noise levels lower than in the front...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Yes, the hotel is located near Egyptian Museum. Staffs are nice. This trip was unplanned as I think i and my partner could travel ourselves, however this country is a bit trouble some for us, then we bought tour arranged by hotel and his connection. we went to Giza with riding horse, went to Alexandria, next day wend to East and west of Luxor. but wi fi was not full coverage to my room, we had to use at lobby. but the facilities were just OK, not perfect. Value for who not much concern for many stars but they are nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Veesan
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The hotel is located near Egyptian Museum. The staffs are friendly and helpful. I came to the hotel without any plan. One of the staffs made a traveling plan for me. HIs name is Mohamed Ali. I went to the Giza pyramids and Alexander.

Room Tip: Rooms are located on 15th floor. The view is excellent.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo