“Hopefully next time I will find out some nice changes :)”

Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo
Ranked #14 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Cairo
“Hopefully next time I will find out some nice changes :)”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Overall impassion about my short stay at the hotel was good. But because of I am working at the hotel hospitality field, so some issues were somehow strange and were taken not that positive.. And it was mainly regarding the front desk. I didn’t feel welcoming. No greetings, no welcoming drink. They were confused about my payment which was already made since 2-3 days. I didn’t get any information about my meal plan or hotel’s facilities, but they asked about the way for paying extras.. Then the front desk representative said to follow him till the elevator, then I had to discover the way by myself. I had a backpack with me, but no one was offered me to help with it.. So from the luxury hotel I was expected somehow more attention to my side or more exclusivity.
Thanks God I found the room and thanks God that I’m working at the hotel, so it was easy to became familiar with the equipments & amenities at the room. The room was great: very spacious and comfortable. I liked so much the Tai greeting with my family name at the screen on TV. The room has everything for very comfortable stay (AC, tea/coffee facilities, free mineral water, bath-robs, hair-dryer, laundry service and etc..) I liked the idea of radio so much, but I discovered it by chance. I do advice to take your home-sleepers, because during my stay I was suffering with sleepers of Dusit hotel:) The cleanness at the room was not top: some hair at bath-tub, plug at wash basin was blocked, the aroma-lamp was empty (no oil, no candle, no matches), carpet was need to re-wash it again. The hotel directory had only 2 pages most of it was missed, and a small hint to change it or add the missed pages was not understandable. The bad was huge and I love it, but the mattress was not hard. Anyway.. I liked the room so much :)
The breakfast experience was enjoyable. Very smiling Tai girl as a hostess was very welcoming and helpful. The buffet was excellent: I don’t have even one small comment about the taste, variety or presentation. Waiters were fast and nice. I can’t said the same about the omelet cooker – he asked me to repeat several times the components for my omelet referring to the issue with loud music as background.
The hotel itself looks nice with a lot of decoration tips. But design with red-black colors was little heavy for me. There is a pool, but the weather issue was not so matching with sitting beside it or enjoy the swimming..
Again I had only few days to stay there and most of the time I was out, so maybe I didn’t discover more advantages of this hotel. Many people will consider my review as a negative one, but I have enjoyed my stay there and would like to come back.
P.S. Check out experience. The guy there didn’t have a change of money notes, so he left the desk for 1-2 minutes to find it among his colleagues.. Too strange.. .. And they give a small amount of money, as free prepayment (something small, but lovely :)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Katy Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Arabic first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I spent two nights there after my wedding. The overall experience is quite good, but I have few points to mark:
1. Due to pre-marriage preparations I had to call the hotel reservation desk several times in several weeks. Surprisingly, the first time i was told that there are free double rooms. 2nd time i called few days later and was told that there's only suites available. Next day I was told that there are no rooms nor suites available. Then by coincidence a friend told me that she had called them up the same week and there were plenty of rooms available. So I called them again and .. surprise surprise? plenty of rooms available!
2. Lunch and dinner are absolute pain. There's only this single restaurant there that has a menu of two pages only. We had to go out of the hotel (thankfully we had our private car) for lunch and dinner every day
3. I have to say this is one of the few hotels around that has a valee service :)
4. It's very very quiet there ... if you don't remove the curtains you cannot even tell how much time you spent in the room.

Room Tip: all rooms have view either on the lake or the pool. Both are quite nice.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shereen A
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We live in Cairo. We stayed at the Dusit Thani overnight after attending a ball held here. While the ballroom facility and set-up were great the overall hotel atmosphere was just okay. We had connecting rooms as our children stayed too. Both rooms were dusty and filled with mosquitoes. The room odor was musty. As a result, we did not feel like the rooms were clean. There were also no amenities (soap, shampoo, lotion, etc.). The pool area was nice and the breakfast buffet was too. The hotel advertises "lake view" and "spa" but there is no lake and the spa had been closed for several months when we were there. A lot of construction in a and around the hotel. The surrounding area is under development so not much is around.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank CSNRWhite
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 December 2011

This is a lovely hotel but it is in a developing part of Cairo so the infrastructure around it is not there yet. It has a great setting but is not ideal for travelling around Cairo. If you are on a business trip with a driver at hand you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Spent 2 nights for work in the Hotel, enjoyed the stay very much, it will be a bit hard if you don't own a car, but you will have a good stay, excellent SPA, good food and very helpful staff, stay there if you have something to do in New Cairo Area.

Room Tip: "The underground floor balcony views are amazing" "Night is awesome in the balcony&q...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We only spent one night there but it was truly delighting. We already live in Cairo. However, we felt like we traveled for a couple of days, guess it is the unique ethnic (asian) vibes that is there in evey corner of the hotel.
We chose a Lakeview room, it was really cozy and the fact that they take care of every little single detail in the room made our experience even more special, starting from the luxurious bathtubs, the cleanliness, the candles, to the fruit basket and drink they offered to us as a welcome treat.

The most significant highlights of our experience were the effeciency and friendliness of the staff and of courese the GOOD FOOD!:)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NohaYoussef
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I spent 4 nights in this hotel at a work function and have only 1 fault which seems to be reflected in many of the reviews. The internet connection is sporadic and could not be relied on. However, everything else is magnificent. Breakfast is fantastic, lunch equally so and the Thai restaurant is divine! Even the coffee shop bread and cakes are to die for - I did try using the gym to make up for all the overeating but gave up!! The rooms are really lovely - I had a balcony overlooking the pool and it was just fab. The setting is lovely and very relaxing - I hope I have the opportunity to go back some day!!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are fab!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business