“Remarkable Hotel”

Ranked #14 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Germany
“Remarkable Hotel”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I loved this hotel. It has been about two years since I've stayed there--I know, waaaay late on the review... But it shows how much I enjoyed my stay since I am still thinking about it. It is beautiful inside and out. The rooms are spectacular, clean, new and functional. The breakfast bar is elaborate with great staff. I would definitely want to stay here again if I return to Cairo.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey following your recent stay Dusit Thani Lakeview Cairo.

Our goal is to anticipate and exceed our guests' expectations; it is through your positive and constructive feedback that we are able to constantly strive to improve our products and facilities. We are delighted to learn that your stay was enjoyable and that you were pleased with the level of service offered by us.

Once again, please receive my heartfelt thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best Personal Regards.

Dusit Thani Lake View Hotel Cairo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Arabic first
Ellensburg, Washington
Reviewed 29 December 2013

A friend of mine recommended this wonderful hotel. So we decided to have a mini family vacation and enjoy it with our 6 year old and 1 year old daughters.
The place is very neat and clean but what I really like is how welcoming and wonderful the service is.
We are currently staying here and I love the suit they gave us. Big, clean, with everything you need and more!
The food is amazing. A huge variety of selection and so tasty! On Fridays they have a company that comes and provides crafts and games for the kids. So it was nice to have a quite time with my husband while my daughters were safe and playing with them.
The Thai restaurant is just wow. You have to meet Ms.Titi. She is a wonderful hostess and made us feel so welcome in this place. She even gave us complimentary desserts because our anniversary!
The swimming pool is heated which my kids loved.
In this cold weather this is a nice place to be. Again the pool service is amazing and fast. They are always thinking about you and how to make you comfortable.
The Club Lounge in the 5th floor (building 1) is great. Mr. Samir is a wonderful guy and very friendly.
I gave 4 stars bc the garden outside our room smelled like sewer, so that was not nice, and yes there is no sauna or steam room, and besides the swimming pool and playground there is not much to do with the kiddos. But overall it was an amazing experience and for sure we will come back. This has become our favorite place in Cairo from now on and truly is a piece from Heaven on earth :)

For sure I will come back! This has become my favorite place from now on! Truly a piece of heaven on earth

Room Tip: better to chose a room closer to the swimming pool, not next to the pond.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Best Personal Regards.

Dusit Thani Lake View Hotel Cairo
Devon
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This hotel is good in every respect other than i found it ruined by inescapable cigarette smoke. The public areas are all smoking areas and the restaurant has its non smoking area behind the bar where smoke drifts from the bar making if, for me unusable. The first room i was allocated smelled vile, having been used for smoking despite being assured it was a non smoking room. Ash trays. matches plus the vile smell proved otherwise. Then allocated a room on 4th floor, a non smoking floor where room much better. Still got smell occasionally through air con system. If you have children and want them to avoid passive smoking make sure you go for the 4th floor.
Conference facilities good, well organised and well run. I would avoid using hotel again if possible as i don't want to be stuck in my room to avoid passive smoking on an industrial scale. They seem to be stuck where the UK was 10 years ago thinking that smoke dies not drift and so just calling an area non smoking will do.

Room Tip: non smoking floor is 4th floor. Do NOT rely on receptionist to allocate. As you go into room look...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your precious time taken in posting this review and would like to cordially thank you for your complimentary feedback.

I highly apologize for the inconvenience occurred during your respected stay.

On behalf of Dusit Thani Lake View Cairo Team, We would like you to kindly give us the future opportunity to better enhance your stay that we do promise to be up to your satisfaction.
All of us are eagerly waiting to welcome you back to Dusit Thani Lakeview Cairo.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 December 2013

i was here on a business trip for just one night.
I was impressed but the big and beautiful hall, but the strongest point of this place are definitely the garden and the pools in the centre of the structure.

The rooms are big, well appointed. From the bathroom there is a glass wall where you can see the room and viceversa, which I have found interesting.
unfortunately the room I have stayed in was not very clean.

Service and personnel is friendly and helpful.

WIFI is available in the room free of charge, but it is unstable and slow.

Overall a good hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued guest,

I highly appreciate your precious time taken in posting this review and would like to cordially thank you for your complimentary feedback.

On behalf of Dusit Thani Lake View Cairo Team, We do promise to continue ensuring our guest’s satisfaction with a pleasant memorable experience.

usa
Reviewed 7 December 2013

i am very happy in this hotel especially that it located in safe place away from crude. the pool design is amazing. i love people are very friendly . very suotable for having relaxing days. the hotel onlyy need a spa but they have very professional thai massage. me and my husband had aromatic massage that were amazing.

• Stayed November 2013
DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Mrs. Suzan,

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly located if you travel for business to New Cairo. The rooms are reaaaally roomy and well equipped and furnished, bathroom is just excellent and the bed is a KS+. Comfortable to stay in.

Service is average but the breakfast buffet is just excellent, and there's zero noise either from other rooms or from the outside. Internet @0 cost

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued guest,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We really loved the hotel rooms very artistic design that is for me is new. We write this comment because we do appreciate the staff treatment. We stayed in dusky for more than10 times and we did not feel that we want to travel cause the hotel is like a resort. People here make us feel at home.

• Stayed November 2013
DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Mr. Ahmed,