Staybridge Suites Cairo-Citystars
US$100
US$96
US$146
  • Pool
Le Meridien Cairo Airport(Cairo)
US$171
LeMeridien.com
US$107
  • Pool
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo(Cairo)
US$154
US$124
US$177
US$116
  • Pool
All reviewscity starsstay bridgehome away from homelaundry roomcitystars mallwashers and dryerstwo bedroom suitestaying long termdirect accessunderground parkingthe holiday inndining tablea big shopping mallroom was spacious and cleanthe hotel receptionswimming poolfront office
Reviewed 25 August 2014

It's my third stay at this property. There are three IHG properties (InterCon, HolidayInn, Staybridge) attached to Cairo's most successful shopping mall, Citystar Mall, and I usually stay either InterCon or Staybridge. As IHG Platinum member, I always get a better upgrade (just much more space) at Staybridge than InterCon in general (but InterCon welcomes platinum members with a basket of fruits & traditional pastries - a nice gesture), and a stay here usually includes complimentary breakfast (which is not a case at InterCon). If you're looking for more luxurious feeling (both in room and lobby) and some relaxation in nice swimming pool and gym/spa (inside Pyramid-shaped building linked to InterCon) during your stay, InterCon is a def. better bet. However, Staybridge has its own advantages. This is the only property that I find French press in room (along with Conrad Cairo) and indeed its kitchen is very well-equipped. I like solid dining table and separate kitchen space. There are laundry room and small gym in the basement level. As they adversities, it feels less than being in hotel. Another advantage (at least to me) is that complimentary coffee is available 24/7 days in coffee machines located in lobby. At my first stay, I was upgraded to one-bed room suite which was uncomfortably giant to single traveller like me. At the second stay, I requested a studio room in which I felt more comfortable and cozy. At the third stay, I was again upgraded to one-bed room suite (room 614) but I think this is the best room so far (not too gigantic for solo, coziness, still separate bedroom etc.). By the way strangely bathrobe and sleepers are not available in room, but always given upon request. Staffs here are very efficient, courteous and professional here. I had some petite issues during my second stay, but in the end they are all taken care of. Special thanks to Ms. Mira Maher, Guest Services Manager. If I need a just good night sleep with simple breakfast & complimentary coffee in a home-like atmosphere, I would def. come back to this property.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Islam S, Manager at Staybridge Suites Cairo-Citystars, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I am reviewing your feedback about your experience at the Staybridge Suites and please let me thank you for sharing such positive comments on TripAdvisor. I am extremely happy you have covered all the details covering the accommodation itself, service and staff. This really gives us a clear picture about your experience.

I’m glad that you enjoyed your accommodation and were pleased with our suites and staff. Our suites are supplied with everything that reflects home away from home culture. That’s why they’re all provided with comfortable furniture and fully equipped kitchens.

I would like also to thank you for recognizing my colleagues' efforts to meet your expectation especially Ms. Mira Maher.

Once again thank you and we look very much forward to welcoming you again in the near
future.

Islam A. Samad
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here twice in recent months for a few weeks each time. Overall, the rooms are relatively well appointed, comfortable beds, a decent living area. Staff on the front desk are friendly and speak good English and usually helpful. The suites are located in Heliopolis which is convenient for the airport and not too far out of town, and with direct access to the huge City Stars mall next door and to the facilities at the Intercon next door (restaurants, pool area, football on TV...). There is a small kitchenette, but room service is available from both the Intercontinental and Holiday Inn, and there is a tonne of eating options at the mall next door

On the negative side:
- both rooms I stayed in were extremely noisy right through the night - the usual Cairo street noise (beeping and shouting) but soundproofing in this location seems to be very poor. When I left after a few weeks it felt very strange to experience silence at night!
- extremely long waiting times for lifts, especially in the evening when quite a queue can build up. On one occasion I got fed up of waiting and walked up 14 floors of stairs to my room.
- wi-fi coverage is sporadic and often cuts out (experience from 2 rooms on different floors).
- the shop is well stocked on drinks (both alcoholic and non-) but poorly stocked on other types of grocery and often out of stock.

Overall I would say it's not a bad place, but for a shorter stay (if you don't need a full suite) you will get a better night's sleep at the Intercon next door paying similar rates.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ParisExpat

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about Staybridge Suites on TripAdvisor. It’s only through our guests' feedback that we can enhance our services and performance.

We are proud to be a family-friendly hotel and are greeting you as part of our family. Our Front Desk team are trained to provide our guests with the highest level of service and perfect products.

Because we are keen to deliver a perfect home away from home culture, the layout and amenities of our suites are designed to make our guests’ time more productive and enjoyable, that is why we have an equipped kitchenette in every suite in addition to all other facilities such as 24/7 coffee machines, Fitness and Laundry Rooms.

Also I would like to thank you for all the comments about noise outside the hotel, long time waiting for elevators, WI-FI coverage and the Pantry shop, rest assure that we defiantly will spare no effort to work on these points and take the appropriate actions accordingly to have great improvement very soon.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at Staybridge Suites Citystars,

Islam A. Samad
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I would like to thank both of waeal antar and mohamed a. Fattah frpm the security team for their co operation and help and they are so helpful and i would like to give a special thanks to mr. Mahmoud in reception its a really a nice place

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Alimasnad
Islam S, Manager at Staybridge Suites Cairo-Citystars, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at Staybridge Suites. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. I’m glad that you had a good experience and were satisfied with the accommodation, service, and staff.

I really appreciate recognizing my colleagues for their effort and being helpful.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at your second home Staybridge Suites Citystars.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I am really happy that i stayed in Stay Bridge. you have all the advantage when you stay here. the staff is really nice & cordial, they always help me when i am stuck with Arabic Language or if i need anything anytime. The housekeeping service is really good when you come back you find your room so well maintained & clean. You can order food from Holiday In or intercontinental which are nearby hotels & the best part is the City Star Mall which is the most famous & biggest Mall in Cairo. you have internal Passage to get there. You can go late nights its open & you can shop, eat & enjoy. I really felt like home.
Thanks You Stay Bridge for such a service:)

Room Tip: you can just select rooms with Nice Balcony view on top floors.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank tammanna786
Islam S, Manager at Staybridge Suites Cairo-Citystars, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I am reviewing your feedback about your experience at the Staybridge Suites and please let me thank you for sharing such positive comments on TripAdvisor. I am extremely happy you have covered all the details regarding the accommodation itself, service, staff and location. This really gives us a clear picture about your experience.

We would be more than pleased to welcoming you at the Staybridge Suites Citystars, your second home, every time you visit Cairo,

Many thanks,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

my first and my last stay in this hotel. very expencive hotel with very low services offered. There isn't the pay tv to see the world cup and other sports, and i need to go in another hotel to see the matches. this is very unconfortable and not safe... there isn't any bar in the hotel to take cafe or something to drink. there are only terrible coffee machines. they say that it's possible to use the swimming pool, but only here the reception told me that they don't have a own swimming pool but i can use the swimming pool in another hotel paying "only" 50$ for day. i already pay 200$ per night and you ask my other 50$ for day for one or two hours in the swimming pool. is it a joke or a theft? the mini bar is empty and there isn't nothing to eat in the room. very very bad the service offered.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank xmario79

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your time to provide us with your valuable comments.
First of all, please accept my apology for any inconvenience caused during your stay however I would like to highlight the following points:
• The hotel doesn’t have a swimming pool as part of the hotel facilities as the one next to the hotel belongs and managed by InterContinental Citystars hotel which is our sister hotel and as part of Citystars complex we have three different hotel brands belong to IHG Company which is a great privilege to complement each other, provide different products with different varieties and different facilities among the three hotels to meet all guests’ needs.
• In regards to the World Cup games, please be aware that none of the hotels had broadcasted the World Cup in the guest rooms as we cannot have it as pay TV service for individual rooms, as per the company which bought the rights of the World Cup games we have to subscribe for the entire rooms, accordingly and as an alternative and benefiting from being part of IHG Complex the guests of Staybridge Suites had the right to use InterContinental outlets to enjoy the games, also I would like to highlight that InterContinental is a next door hotel within IHG Citystars premises with an internal accessibility controlled by our security team with no safety risk at all.
• As for your note that there is no Bar and the minibar was empty, I just want to explain that the concept of Staybridge Suites is an Upscale extended stay which is designed mainly for those who will be staying for longer periods that it is why the facilities are selected and designed to match this concept such as having fully equipped kitchen in all units with big fridge not a small minibar as in other hotels, self-Laundry Room for guests and a dining area for our guest to socialize together in order to be able to create Home Away from Home experience and Like Family concept.

Again we do apologize for any inconvenience, it is truly a pleasure to serve you in the near future and we hope you’ll have a good experience with our service at the Staybridge Suites Cairo Citystars.