“Wonderful place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of City View Hotel

City View Hotel
Ranked #22 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Southern California
“Wonderful place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed here in late 2011 on my third trip to Egypt because of the excellent location in Cairo and great reviews of guests. The service was fantastic, the staff treated us like family and went out of their way to help us with transportation/tours and places to eat. The room was comfortable and the terrace at the restaurant was a great place to sit outside and watch the City. Would highly recommend staying here not only because of the price and ideal location, but the great hospitality!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

The price for the hotel is reasonable, not the best, not the worst, but considering the location, as well as the included breakfast, fair. Located on Tahrir Square, with quick walking to the metro, as well as the Egypt Musuem, the location cannot be beat. Make sure to spend time in the square, the people of Egypt are friendly, extremely so.

The rooms, as well as the hotel/building, is old, and you can tell, that is not to say that it is not nice, it is just noticeably old. Both times I stayed, I was given two double beds, the first time was a mistake, the second was upon request. The room did have a tv, nice bathroom setup, and balcony overlooking the square, which is active at all times of the day.

As for the staff, I found them to be fairly pushy and nosey, though that might just be my interpretation of their service. I generally like to be left alone unless I ask for something, however, they seemed to be inquisitive to the point of intrusion. I equally felt as though they were not straightforward with some things, such as charging for internet. Also, I asked if going on the roof of the building was possible, to which the manager said it would not be a problem, anytime. I went up about an hour later, only to find that there is a family that lives on the roof, and that, in fact, I was not allowed up there. The family was friendly, though they did walk me all the way back down to the hotel and had a discussion with the manager, at which point he said I was wrong, and he never said that. I felt bad for the family, as it would be a strange to have a fella, who thought he was allowed, just walking around where I live.

We took a tour of the pyramids, all 3 sets, booked from the hotel, with a guide and driver, for a very good price (for a driver, tour guide, whole day situation), that I have zero complaints about.

I got sick one day while there, and it was awesome that the balcony doors closed 100% with shades that blocked the light completely, making the room dark so I could sleep for the day. This was awesome, given that most rooms just have shades that let light in at most hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hogarth F
Magill, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

They will make you feel at home, the rooms are a little old but for the price you cannot complain it is really great value, location cannot be beat right in central Cairo next to the square. We were treated really well and they really appreciated our stay. Everytime I needed something they would help, eg when I arrived one of my travel chargers wasn't working, they went to the markets at 8pm and got me one! They also escorted me to the chemist and grocery store for a few things I needed on my second day there.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hamza M
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

We had 2 weeks stay in Egypt... i just browsed around on trip advisor and i came through the city view hotel i found the price affordable and i when i read the visitors review 98% was positive and good they enjoyed their stay in the hotel. When i discuss this with my husband he also found it worth staying there as the location of the hotel was city center just opposite to Tahrir square and also 2mins away from the Egypt national museum.

The response i got from (Mr.Marco) manager of the hotel about my reservation was very quick by email, he was very helpful and in few mints my reservation was done i loved the most about the hotel was also their free pick up service from the airport when you arrive, as it was our first time visiting Egypt we were a bit worried that how will we manage the transport from the airport, but all sorted in just one mail i received my reservation letter and they arranged my pickup from the airport as well. The driver(Mohammed) who came to pick us up was very friendly and jolly he made us feel home, and once we reach hotel the staff was very friendly and helpful too the room and the view of the room was amazing the view of tahrir square and the Egypt museum was simply beautiful and the room was very clean, it was worth staying as it was our first time in Egypt we just knew few main attractions out there as i discuss this with the manager before leaving to help us in letting us know what attractions and activities we can do out there. As my husband is a traveller he wanted to travel different cities by different transports to explore the nature and breathtaking views.

I just emailed Mr.Marco our interest and what we must want to see and do in Egypt, the manager mailed me and ask me to just not to worry and come to the hotel your itinerary for the 2 weeks will b given to you as soon as you arrive and you can choose what else you would want to add in it. It sound great to me as i was free from all sort of burden of how will we manage in Egypt. And i must say it was worth it, when we arrived we were offered the welcome drink of Egypt the hibiscus tea which my husband loved the most.
The travel agent name Abbu Salaam (if im not mistaken) helped us alot and made our 2 weeks itinerary keeping in my mind our needs and our interest. Me and my husband was happy to see that, as we didnt wanted to waste a day we arrived in morning and our egypt tour start from the same day in afternoon, we visited few attractions in Giza, cairo the same day. In our following days visited cities like, Luxor, Hurghada, Aswan, Alexandria and white dessert(sakara) in our 2 weeks trip.

The tour manager, tour guides throughout our journey was very helpful and kind, Specially to mention Mosses in cairo, Mohammed in Luxor, and Marco in Hurghada. We always had someone to pick us up and drop us off to our transport to another city standing with our name at the destination. Our Trip to egyt was Memorable by any chance and for this i would like to thanks the City View Hotel and their Friendly Manager Mr.Marco and Helpful staff. Me and My husband enjoyed alot staying in city view hotel as we been travelling to different countries the best hospitality, friendly and helpful staff i found was in City View hotel Cairo.

I Recommend this hotel to all the travelers who visit Cairo, must stay in this hotel. As u save up alot in accommodation so that you explore so much other things in Egypt.

I will surely be back someday to Cairo and in the same hotel.

Room Tip: Suites on the corner have larger rooms and view of both the Whole Tahrir Square and the Museum
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Mehr16
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

I stayed at the hotel on a recent visit. The rooms were nice, the bed was comfortable, the staff helpful. The restaurant in the hotel was good, will a fairly priced menu. As this was my first trip to Cairo, having the staff pick me up at 1 AM at the airport was a great service and they are to be commended for this. They arranged a day trip for me with a driver and guide. They were very professional and well educated in Egyptian history. I recommend the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank wtilford
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

want say thank you for the staff of this hotel. friendly atmosphere, nice place, nice view, everything clean. cheap and very tasty food. was staying there just one day while making documents, but enjoyed a lot staying there. perfect view from balcony, its really city view.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank vic1717
falkirk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

We loved this little hotel its basic but everything is on your doorstep we asked for one of our rooms to have a musuem view which they dud and we sat at night watching the cairo hussle bussle go but friendly staff we tell everone who will listen about this wee place we will be back one day!!

• Stayed July 2012