Wake UP Cairo Hostel
Ramses Hilton(Cairo)
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewscommon roomegyptian museummental institutionupon checking outcleaning ladyabu tarekarranged everythinga great stayminute walkheart of downtownlocation is greattrain stationwhite desertcommon areashome away from homecoffee or tearooms are clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We stayed here for two weeks. It was safe and clean hostel with very friendly staff and free WIFI and breakfast included on the price. I have stayed in many hostels in Egypt and this is definetly the best ones when you consider the price and all what you get by it. I felt safe even though we lived near Tahrir and faced no problems during my stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Nansikka23
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed in wake-up hostel for 5 nights. I had a single room with my own bathroom. The stay was verry friendly for me. they helped me with planning my holiday. I went to the piramides and the museum with help from shehab ( the owner of the hostel) He was a realy good help during my stay in cairo. It's a clean hostel and that is what's moust importent for me!!! I could advice wake-up hostel for people who wat to visit cairo.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Josephine V
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

It's good hostel just for 2 or 3 days I think no more.i stayed here two days the fees was in booking 10$ and when I came he told me it's 12$ so I advise to book via booking.the A/C wasn't work. The staff is nice I think this the best here. There was free wifi access with good signal and speed

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank hema_triper
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Hostel is in a very good location, right in downtown Cairo, close to the museum and other city attractions. Rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious.

By far the best part of staying at this hostel is the staff. Special thanks to Peter and Shareef, very kind and helpful people. Peter organised our trip around Egypt and everything ran very efficiently.

I highly recommend anyone coming to Cairo to stay here and talk to Peter in regards to travelling around Egypt.

Room Tip: Rooms have a nice view of the Nile and also the meusem
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kAi_1988
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I stayed here by default. I originally made reservation with Freedom Hostel, but they had a plumbing problem and secure me a room at Wake Up Hostel. I am not going to lie, at first I was in shock for the stage of the streets, building and even the elevator. All very run-down, but not the fault of the hostel. Once I crossed the glass door into the hostel I found a cosy reception desk, clean comfortable common areas and a very helpful staff. I was tired from a long flight and irritated with the "dirtiness" of the city and the change in accommodation without warning. The guy at reception understood my confusion and allow me his phone and internet to check the story with Freedom Hostel. Once resolved to check in, I found the place to be central: walk distance to egyptian museum, bus stop, etc. I got directions and advice on places to eat and where to go. I only stay that first night, but towards the end of my trip along Egypt, I came back for my last day in Cairo to be with Wake Up. They organized a room for day use (arrived to Cairo at 7 am and my flight was late that night), use of all facilities with a small charge.
If you looking for a clean place and helpful staff this is the place to stay in Cairo.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple