“Needs to improve its standards”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis
Ranked #38 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
New York
“Needs to improve its standards”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I only checked in for a couple of hours with my son as we were transit passengers through Cairo. We needed a quick shower and a meal. There was only one bath towel in the bathroom, a bar of soap and shampoo. There were no other amenities to be found in the room. The bathroom had not been cleaned properly as there was hair and debris on the floor and in the tub. The view from the front of the hotel on the 8th floor was not too impressive. The hotel was close to the airport, which was about its only saving grace. The dinner buffet was adequate. water was provided with the meal - all other beverages required an add-on fee.

Room Tip: Check your room out before settling in to make sure it has been serviced properly.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Shaza A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest ,

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis.

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation for taking the time to write about your latest stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Cairo Heliopolis.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience happened to you during your recent stay assuring that all unfortunate circumstances you experienced were raised with the concerned Department Heads and immediate action was required to fulfill the guest satisfaction and to implement our "Yes I Can!" brand attitude.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu Hotel we would like to thank you and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Once again, thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
delhi
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Broken tile at the entrance of the room... pathetic view of the streets behind from window, broken tap so you cannot use the tap but just the shower, cupboard door trying to run out so its difficult to close it ... what else could you ask for when you plan to stay at radisson!
but thankfully i was offered another room after speaking with three different reception managers, the best part is no one even care about the complaint and didnt even escalate the matter... checked out after three nights and now in sonesta towers n casino at heliopolis... the review follows for this property but in short it was a great decision to shift in here!

1 Thank Mohit_Sangal
Shaza A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this review, 19 April 2014

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience happened to you during your recent stay & I would like to assure you that your experience concerning the Internet connection was raised with the concerned Department Head and immediate action was required to fulfill the guest satisfaction and to implement our "Yes I Can!" brand attitude.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Paris, France
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Clean hotel with a helpful staff. Easy tranfert from the international Cairo airport. I like its Italian restaurant, good atmosphere, good food, good service, thanks to Mr Galat and entire restaurant Filini team.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Shaza A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this review, 15 April 2014

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis.

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation for your very positive Comments posted in the survey towards the Radisson Blu staff & service. we appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

It is a very clean and nice hotel, everything was flawless excelent.Servirea, airflow conditioning goes, the room is very clean and the breakfast is very good and you have that choice............................

Room Tip: everything was perfect
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Shaza A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience in regards to your stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Cairo Heliopolis.

We are delighted to know that your stay was enjoyable and that you were pleased with the level of service offered by our staff.

Our very best regards from Cairo from the entire team of Radisson Blu and we do look forward welcoming you with us again in the near future.

Sincerely

Jordan, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Radisson Blu Hotel Cairo hotel is great, now has all the required services and is characterized by good treatment and welcoming Aldim and I would like to thank the existing clean room Madiha and Amr cooperation Permanent and meet all of the services and thank them for arranging the room and to thank all Alastaf on-site, and I'll come back again to the hotel Room Number 607

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Shaza A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Valued,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Hotel Cairo Heliopolis.

Cordially, please accept my sincere appreciation for your very positive comments about our team members. I’m so delighted to know that we have managed to deliver our promise of the 100% guest satisfaction and assure you a home away from home.

We are most looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again over again at Radisson Blu Cairo Heliopolis.

Rustenburg, South Africa
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I spent 24 hours at the Radisson Blu Heliopolis, and there was just NOTHING to complain about! I seem to find something in any room that bugs me, but not here. Just everything worked fine. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. I needed a late checkout as I was catching a flight at 23H00. Would you believe they gave me a 6pm checkout free?! This is an all time record for me.
Re location, it is really convenient for the airport, but there is not a lot going on around the hotel. It is far for visits to the Pyramids if that is your purpose. But as an airport hotel it is perfect.
Although it is near the airport, this hotel is really quiet. There is a free airport shuttle.
One tip: if you are going into town, Hail one of the white taxis in the street outside. They are a fraction of the cost, and they are good and clean and safe. The beauty is that if you are going far and need the driver to wait for your return, they usually do. (Obviously not if you are going to take ages there. I needed an hour and my driver was quite happy to wait)
The food was good in both places in the Hotel where I ate. I really miss bacon at breakfast, but that is Egypt's fault, not the hotel's LOL.
All in all, I would use this hotel any time for a stopover in Cairo.

Room Tip: Higher up is quieter. The have a band at the bar downstairs.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Shaza A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you indeed for your superb review regarding your recent stay at Radisson Blu Cairo Heliopolis.

It is of great delight for me to know that our hospitality has met your satisfaction, which makes us very proud of our property and its quality of service . We are most looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again to Radisson Blu Cairo Heliopolis in the near future .

Thanks,

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I spent one night in a single room in this Hotel. The location of the hotel is very good for a business trip. Being just a few minutes drive from the Airport, it spares you lots of time, especially for those who know the traffic jams which one finds everyday on the way to the city Centre.
The room was very good, clean and very spacious (I had booked a Standard room), the only grey point being some smell coming from the drains in the bathroom.
The breakfast was the best part of the stay: very large variety of everything and good quality.

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all , I would like to express my gratitude for taking time to write down about your latest stay at Radisson Blu Cairo Heliopolis .

We are honored by your very positive comments &. It will be our utmost pleasure to welcome you soon again at Radisson Blu Cairo Heliopolis.

kindly accept our warmest regards from Cairo