“Staff are thiefs-be away from this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Bostan Hotel

Bostan Hotel
Bostan Hotel
Ranked #115 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Cairo, Egypt
“Staff are thiefs-be away from this hotel”
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I was in this hotel few weeks ago and one day i realized that my camera was missing and i remember not bringing it with me that day because i was not going to do tourist stuff. The interesting thing is that the door of my hotel room was not broken so that means it is the staff who entered my room when i was not there and stole the camera. Three days later a pair of shoes was missing again no broken door. That is when i was 100% sure that it is the staff that steals his own guests. How is that everybody! I do not recommend this hotel at all.

Stayed October 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 25 November 2011

They two good points in this hotel are the owner and the restaurant.
The owner is friendly and honest. He arranged us a car and driver for a pyramid trip in a reasonable price, and gave us one or two more recommendations.
Ee enjoyed to have our (included) breakfasts in the rooftop restaurant, where you have a nice urban view.
The room wasn't very clean, but we spent most of the time outside, so we didn't care.
Ah, and it's well located in the city center, 2 min walk from a metro station.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Selmakie
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We had requested a "budget hotel" for our two nights in Cairo so were not expecting luxury. Our room was a bit tired and there was a problem with the air con which made it smelly. Sheets were old and had holes. But all the staff were really lovely, friendly and helpful. And there was a fridge, hot shower and the loo functioned (unlike other places we stayed!) Enjoyed the roof top cafe with great views. Brilliant location in downtown Cairo within walking distance of the Egyptian Museum, Tahrir Square and the Nile. Its not for you if you are looking for 5 star luxury but great if you want to experience the real Cairo.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2011

The number i got to call for taxi was not in service. Had to use other to get there. My flight was late in the evening and upon arrival was told that there would be lucky if there was a room for me. The room i got at $120-130 per night was not up to standard; the shower curtain was badly mildwed and between the tiles black with mildew.
The next devastating experience,was that i was robbed the second night across the street from hotel ,after coming back from dinner. Everything was taken..with my purse. Money,cheques,Jewellery,passport, credit cards, driver's license, IDs. Rx glasses,digital camera and other important and personal things.,even my house keys.
People never seemed to have a heart. The need for their money was more important. I was very disappointed with cairo. The crazy driving,panhandling on the streets by beggars who don't know that "NO" = "NO". The constant honking of the horns,wasjust total madness.
The taxi-drivers who doubled the fares, those merchants who speaks of 'tourist prize' and egyptian prices. The sadness of little children begging and selling on the streets late at nights.
It's very appauling to know that a place that protrays such wholeness has so much corruptidness and dihonesty.. Double cheek kissing,hugging then in a moment weapons of war and destruction. I still have not come to grips and is still having night-mares over this ordeal. I could not leave cairo before my 27 days were up as I had no money for changing fares, and luckily it was e- tickets or i would have no form of purchase proof.
My friend took me to Luxor and that gave me a few days with a sense of relief. People seemed more caring and not the same total caious as cairo. But the lots of young childrren begging and selling on the streets at nights,really squeezed my heart hard..

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Cairo hotels

St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 9 December 2010

Downtown Cairo close to Egyptian museum, Metro
Rooms very small, poor quality, cheap bedclothes, more like a hostel
Breakfast included, does have shower and own toilet
Tours arranged but they do not include entrance fees and they do include high pressure sales trips to perfume factory and papyrus store.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2010

This is the second time I have stayed at the Bostan Hotel, every time the staff have been very welcoming and helpful. The rooms are slightly dated but very clean, and have A/C if needed. The restaurant on the top floor serves fantastic food in the evening, although I can only comment on the vegetarian food, but the chef is very accommodating to all needs. I am especially grateful to the Bostan Hotel for organising Jeep hire for a few days to go to the Fayoum. They organised the vehicle, an excellent driver and accommodation. Overall, a good base in Cairo!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 1 September 2010

I stayed at Pension Roma, recommended by Rough Guide & Lonely Planet as a taste of old Cairo. That it was -- no air conditioning and a mosque across the street blasting the Koran through the screen door. So the next morning I staggered down the street & fell into the Bostan because it looked air conditioned. (This was an August heat wave of 46C or more.) They were air conditioned, quiet & even had a fridge in the room. Later their travel agency organized a tour south for me. The price was good & everything worked out. Well, their contacts in Luxor were hard to reach by cell, but that may have been because of Ramadan. In Aswan, I was taken by a car down a road along the Nile that was under construction, as the car chased by cell a felucca I was supposed to be on. The ship eventually came to shore at a random spot, no dock, and I had to drag my bag through the construction to get on board. But that was sort of a fun adventure. An American woman who was in the car with me, booked on the same felucca, was a little alarmed, though.

Stayed August 2010, travelled solo