Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Fefesf
Toronto, Canada

great service and convenient location

Review of Berlin Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 May 2013
i stayed here almost 2 months and i would stay again. conveniently located near three metro stns , restaurant, entertainnent, shopping and more.staff were great and helpful at all times. do not let the appearance of the building throw you off. the hotel itself is good.All my needs were catered to.
Date of stay: March 2013
    £20
  • Trip.com
0.2 miles from Berlin Hotel
View more hotels in Cairo
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 April 2013

The owner Mr Yousiff was very attentive, a welcoming email and (as he was at home ill) regular phone calls to make sure I had everything I needed. The room was large with large windows, and a shower in the room. Toilets were nearby in the corridor. Overall staff were excellent and helpful. Mr Yousiff arranged two tours for me by taxi for 200EP, about £20, which I found very reasonable. It is two blocks from Tahrir Square and the Egyptian Museum, and easy access to all the other sites.
This is not a triple glazed International Hotel. If you want absolute quiet and the same experience you'd get anywhere else, then go International. This is a local hotel, some traffic noise though being on the 4th floor helps. The hotel covers this 4th floor, the building is old and has a great feel to it. High ceilings and unusual and local decor.
Staff were great and very helpful. Breakfast was simple and I'd recommend trying the local Turkish coffee, thick, with bits and very strong!
I'd thoroughly recommend this hotel, and will stay there again. Go for a slightly more expensive room, for $26 a night you get three beds and loads of room!
Tips for Cairo - it is safe and feels safe. Very few tourists and a great time to travel there. I had the 2nd pyramid to myself when i went! Locals are friendly and just pleased to see tourists. Be aware as a westerner you're a target for touts, avoid striking up conversations at the main sights, don't follow anyone to 'their cousin's shop', avoid any demonstrations (I saw none, but Fridays can be more of an issue), take the owner's advice on where to go and when. Simple good advice for any new city. I loved my first visit.

Room tip: Ask the owner!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
9  Thank LocalFoodieLover
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I spent one night at the Berlin hotel our of four nights in Cairo and found it to be a lovely hotel with a very convenient location, fine accommodations, and a very helpful manager. Even when I was not staying at his hotel, he helped arrange a taxi hire to tour the pyramids, gave me a half-day rate for the day of my flight out, and was always very communicative and helpful. He was always completely honest and straightforward about the special arrangements and I felt that I always got excellent value for my money. I recommend this hotel to anyone.

8  Thank jumpingtom
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We spent three nights in Hotel Berlin and really enjoyed the warm welcome, spacious and atmospheric rooms and the excellent central location. The manager was very helpful - in English and German - throughout our stay and the tour organized through the hotel was good value and exactly what had been promised.

8  Thank Christoph M
Reviewed 13 January 2013

My partner and I spent two days in Cairo in late December 2012 and chose to stay at Berlin Hotel given its favourable reviews on this site and positive comments from Lonely Planet. Our expectations were definitely met and even exceeded by the wonderful service the owner Mr Hisham Yousef, his manager and the other staff provided. Hisham arranged a transfer from the airport for us for a fair price. Once we arrived at the hotel, Hisham spent time advising us on how best to travel around Cairo and avoid some of the common pitfalls faced by tourists. Our room was clean and very big and the shared bathrooms, of which there were many, were also spotlessly clean. The hotel is in a great central location, just a few blocks from the Egyptian Museum and various metro stations.

On our request, Hisham arranged a day tour, with one of his drivers, to see the Pyramids of Giza, Saqqara and Dahshur. Our driver was great; he even helped us purchase delicious and very cheap street food during our busy day. We had plans to take the night train to Aswan, visit Abel Simbel and cruise/sail down the Nile to Luxor and asked Hisham if he could arrange a tour for us. He very helpfully arranged for a recommended tour operator in Aswan to call us at the hotel. The tour operator did so very promptly and within 45 minutes we had a brilliant and very affordable five day tour organised. We are so grateful to Hisham for his assistance. It’s always nice to feel that the owner and staff of a hotel are on your side and happy to help you in any way.
Matt & Tessa

Date of stay: December 2012
10  Thank MattF381
Reviewed 6 January 2013

the location is very strategic. in the center of down town five minutes from the Egyptian museum. The hotel is located on the fourth floor in place fairly quiet during the night. the resistors are very spacious and clean although they year. manager is the friendliest at any time (any) and can help to every need. the price is very reasonable. I recommend it for the location, cleanliness and service taxi from the airport needed.
do not get scared of the lift ....

Date of stay: December 2012