Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
fraserbracchi
JB

The scariest experience, stay away from this "hotel"!!!

Review of Berlin Hotel
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Sept 2019
This hotel is in the city centre. There are restaurants around and it's not far from the Museum.
We were shocked when we entered the building as there were no walls on both side of the lift so we have to stay very still in order not to fall off when the lift was moving and it was so dusty everywhere.
We paid for a room with a bathroom but we couldn't use it as it was extremely filthy and clogged. The shower curtain was just a yellowish ragged piece of lace. There was a thick layer of dust on the table and TV and we had to clean them by ourselves. The blanket looked dirty and we dared not touch it. It was a horrible night.
Before we checked out , the owner called and kept reminding us to give him 5 star. I wonder if he did this to all the guests as I was so surprise to see all the good reviews here.
Date of stay: December 2018
    £60
6.0 miles from Berlin Hotel
Free parking
View more hotels in Cairo
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 August 2019

This is a great place to stay while in Cairo. The people who work here are very kind and will treat you well. You don't have to worry about being scammed. It's in a great location--walking distance to the Egyptian museum and lots of places to eat nearby. They can also arrange a driver to take you to the Pyramids. It's also a short walk to the Metro. I love staying here! :)

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank 1920margaret
Reviewed 9 December 2018

Stay at Berlin Hotel if you're looking for a conveniently-located, small, clean hotel, no-frills but still with everything you need. I stayed here for 6 nights over the course of two weeks. The first night of each stay, the proprietor, Hisham, checked in by phone to make sure everything was in order, and to coordinate a welcome drink. He was available at any time to answer questions.

I stayed in the lowest cost room for several nights, and the step up room (with balcony and a bigger tv, and shower) for other nights. Both were spacious and with comfortable beds and pillows. Bathrooms are down the hall from the rooms, and well-maintained. Breakfasts (included in the price) are basic but filling, and served in a sunny room with windows overlooking Cairo.

The hotel offers low-cost airport pickup and dropoff, which I took advantage of several times with ease. All the staff are warm and genuine people, and I looked forward to seeing them at the end of the day during my stay.

Definitely will stay here again when I'm back in Cairo.

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank PurpleBento
Reviewed 22 February 2018

I stayed there one night, and while Hisham was helpful, I found him to be patronising to be honest. Else I guess its value for money given that Cairo hotels are fairly expensive. Personally I would recommend staying at better and more value for money hotels in Giza!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank nandini71
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

The Berlin Hotel is excellent value. It is clean and well run with a professional staff. The shared bathrooms are clean with hot water. The hotel has a driver who can, for a very reasonable price, be hired for a day to take you to Giza, Saqarra, Dashour and Memphis for an 8 hour tour. The same driver can pick you up at the airport.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank CliveMargie
Reviewed 27 June 2017

The hotel is on the 4th floor of an old apartment building. Which is on the corner of a busy main and side road. Opposite is a palm tree lined street of old buildings. The building’s ground floor entrance is surrounding by shops stall so is hard to find the entrance at night so look for the signage above. There are a few traces of the once grand building in the marble stairs, iron railings and iron cage (now boxed in) lift. It may have been a once grand apartment in the past as the rooms were odd sizes. Day and night attendants on reception with English spoken during day time but a phone call takes care of other times. Location is great for river and Egyptian museum which were a few minutes’ walk away. Great location for sights, bars and restaurants (but it pays to get a guide books for the best bars as some are hard to find). The stuffed snake and mongoose at reception are apparently famous.

The room was very large with three single beds, wardrobe, tiny table and chair, lamp, two balconies, wood floor and a shower cubicle. 4 meter high ceiling and 3 metre high double doors and windows with shutters. Bright colours with the overall feel of faded grandeur. On arrival I felt the room was grubby but not dirty but I am not used to hostels. Later thought I felt I was being over fussy bearing in mind the price and country. The toilets and bathrooms in corridors were clean. Breakfast was included which consisted of Egyptian coffee, wholemeal flat bread, apricot jam and cream cheese. Extra coffee was a couple of pounds more. Owner got us a taxi with driver for Saqquara and it worked out very well (Except I would call in the museum first and try to hire a museum guide next time).

Tip for tourist.
Ask reception for one of their three taxi drivers if you are planning to go to the main sites like the Pyramids, Saqqara or to/from airport. It may cost pennies more but you will save you serious hassle and probably money. The only problem we had was with taxis; metered or un-metered, pre journey price agreed or not, they were just trouble. We got our own street taxi for the Pyramids and it was just problems with both the price, meter, route and we dropped off in the wrong place i.e. the village of hawkers next to the site not the entrance gate.

Tip for hotel.
I would visit all your hotel room at least once a week to improve the house keeping.

Would I go again?
Yes, as it offered great location, price, security and it had real character with sense of place. I was sorry to leave and having called in some of the gilded but insular hotels palaces nearby I did not regret the stay.

Room tip: I would not bother with the shower in the room as the corridors bathrooms were fine.
Date of stay: February 2017