Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Teddy S

Filthy Rooms, Terrible Owner

Review of Berlin Hotel
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Jun 2022
I booked my stay on Booking.com and left a negative review saying the rooms and bathrooms were filthy and the food served was severely stale and lacking, but the location was good and staff was friendly. The owner promptly contested my stay to have my review removed from the Booking website. I left another review on Google stating what had happened and the owner then went on Booking and tried to have my credit cards removed from my account. Absolutely disgusting, petty behavior! There are a few other hotels nearby in a similar price range that were much nicer, with respectable owners. Try Lotus Hotel or Cecelia Hostel nearby
Date of stay: November 2021
Room Tip: Avoid at all costs!!!
1.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
    £20
  • Trip.com
0.2 miles from Berlin Hotel
View more hotels in Cairo
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 December 2020

Great budget hotel in Cairo in an excellent location. Staff (everyone!) is very friendly and will try to help as much as they can. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a budget accommodation in Cairo.

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank 691albertoz
Hisham Youssif, Owner at Berlin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2020

Dear Mr. Alberto, thank you very much for your kind words. We're glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. And we look forward to receiving you again in the future, when you plan your next trip to Cairo God willing. Best wishes from all of us here at the Hotel ☺

Reviewed 15 September 2019

This hotel is in the city centre. There are restaurants around and it's not far from the Museum.
We were shocked when we entered the building as there were no walls on both side of the lift so we have to stay very still in order not to fall off when the lift was moving and it was so dusty everywhere.
We paid for a room with a bathroom but we couldn't use it as it was extremely filthy and clogged. The shower curtain was just a yellowish ragged piece of lace. There was a thick layer of dust on the table and TV and we had to clean them by ourselves. The blanket looked dirty and we dared not touch it. It was a horrible night.
Before we checked out , the owner called and kept reminding us to give him 5 star. I wonder if he did this to all the guests as I was so surprise to see all the good reviews here.

Date of stay: December 2018
1  Thank fraserbracchi
Reviewed 28 August 2019

This is a great place to stay while in Cairo. The people who work here are very kind and will treat you well. You don't have to worry about being scammed. It's in a great location--walking distance to the Egyptian museum and lots of places to eat nearby. They can also arrange a driver to take you to the Pyramids. It's also a short walk to the Metro. I love staying here! :)

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank 1920margaret
Reviewed 9 December 2018

Stay at Berlin Hotel if you're looking for a conveniently-located, small, clean hotel, no-frills but still with everything you need. I stayed here for 6 nights over the course of two weeks. The first night of each stay, the proprietor, Hisham, checked in by phone to make sure everything was in order, and to coordinate a welcome drink. He was available at any time to answer questions.

I stayed in the lowest cost room for several nights, and the step up room (with balcony and a bigger tv, and shower) for other nights. Both were spacious and with comfortable beds and pillows. Bathrooms are down the hall from the rooms, and well-maintained. Breakfasts (included in the price) are basic but filling, and served in a sunny room with windows overlooking Cairo.

The hotel offers low-cost airport pickup and dropoff, which I took advantage of several times with ease. All the staff are warm and genuine people, and I looked forward to seeing them at the end of the day during my stay.

Definitely will stay here again when I'm back in Cairo.

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank PurpleBento
Reviewed 22 February 2018

I stayed there one night, and while Hisham was helpful, I found him to be patronising to be honest. Else I guess its value for money given that Cairo hotels are fairly expensive. Personally I would recommend staying at better and more value for money hotels in Giza!

Date of stay: December 2017