“Good view of Giza plateau”

and 1 more site!
Tiba Pyramids Hotel
Ranked #107 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good view of Giza plateau”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

An average hotel just a 10 minute walk from the main entrance to the Great Pyramids.
If you intend on calling room service, the restaurant or even reception for that matter don't bother, they never answer.

The hotel is on the corner of a moderately busy intersection so expect a fair bit of noise from those much beloved Cairo novelty car horns.

The breakfast was decent with plenty to choose from. All the staff I encountered spoke very good English and could give me answers quickly when face to face.

An average hotel but did all that it needed to, would recommend for budget travellers like myself.

Room Tip: Up high away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 24 January 2012

1)This hotel is not a 3star or 4star I would rate it 1.5 star max
2) the hotel lobby or the coridor are not li properly
3) the rooms are very compact
4) the toilets look good but very cunjusted
5) room service takes 30 to 40 min
6) they dot have in house laundry there fore any thing u give will take 1day to deliver back
7)no basic infra available such as visa machine is not working,wifi,some times available and at time its not.
8) you will always here traffic noise if your taking any room facing outside.
9) out look of the hotel is very ugly
Good side of the hotel
1) the staff tries to help but since the hotel is ill equipped they also can't do any thing much.

• Stayed January 2012
5 Thank manny m

Travellers are raving about these Cairo hotels

Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The rooms are a good size and a great view of the pyramids. However the shower had boiling hot water for 15sec and then ice cold water the next 15 sec. I could not even wash my hair.

The breakfast was basic, no fruit or toaster for bread.

We were out on tours the entire day so just coming here to sleep was fine. Beds are hard and there is no kettle for tea. If you need a hairdryer, you need to ask at the desk. No iron or board.

This was a clean place but nothing to impress. NOT A4 *, more like a 2 *.

If you looking for good cheap food, come out the hotel and walk right then turn right and you will see "GAD", they have an english menu as well.

Room Tip: 5th floor room with a view of the pyramids
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank RaeesaO
Belgrade
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Tiba is 4 star hotel and when you look from outside, you cant know that this is very nice and clean hotel. All managment is very pleasent. We have BB and breakfast is very nice and plate is full of different food. Rooms are very clean and bathroom also, nice and clean. The best is when we wake up in the morning..... we saw Great pyramid like we can touch that. Beautiful.

Room Tip: For passengers who wants to be close the plato of Giza.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank edinadjukic
Mohsenaboelnaga, Manager at Tiba Pyramids Hotel, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you very much for sharing your stay feed back with all our future travelers.

I'm so pleased to know that our service was up to your expectation for tiba pyramids hotel property. I’m looking forward to hosting you soon again at our own tradition of warm hospitality.

Kindly accept our warmest regards from Giza

Mohsen aboelnaga
Online marketing Manager
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I stayed here for my Topdeck Essential Egypt tour on June 20th 2010 and then when I came back from the Tour so about the 27th-28th. If your a female - stay in the hotel, its not worth the chaos like I received when walking outside, I literally stopped traffic and got followed - however it is fine if your in a group or with A MAN. Rooms were fairly clean and decent, obviously hygiene is not the best in Egypt so make sure you seriously look after yourself with showers and anti-bacterial gel when in the hotel. But this hotel was OKAY...it just needs a lots of improvement. Warning: Extremely NOISY AT NIGHT but after a long day, you should of passed out anyway. Service is slow in Egypt. It is what it is. Luckily for me my room was directly OPPOSITE the greatest view of the Giza Pyramids of Cairo!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank TahneeArlt
Mohsenaboelnaga, Manager at Tiba Pyramids Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review regarding your recent stay at Tiba Pyramids . It is a great pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and that the Hotel aspects and services have met your expectations.

Please rest assured that we have taken into our consideration any other comments you have mentioned in your review.

Sincerely yours,

Mohsen aboelnaga
Online marketing Manager
Kozhikode, India
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I stayed in this hotel during my second visit to Egypt.I am satisfied about this hotel compared to the hotel where I stayed during my first visit. The rooms facing the pyramids are almost like a suite and bigger one.But the rooms at the other side are very very very small. Even though it was clean, I felt like I am staying in a lodge. There is no space to move at all. There is no view from the window because of the building wall at the other side. The restaurant and food is OK nothing great. I recommend, if you are going alone. Because in case if there are two people and you got only the small rooms, you can't move at all.

Room Tip: Book rooms facing pyramids.
  • Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank joseittan
Flemington NJ
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I am most likely the only person who has returned to the Tiba-but this time I brought my husband. We had prepaid for one of the 2 balcony rooms on the 5th floor that I had had on my previous visit. We arrive and low and behold, the one we prepaid for was occupied by someone else so we took the other balcony room. This room overlooks what has to be the noisiest intersections in Cairo and the noise was deafining. I always travel with ear plugs, eye shades and a white noise machine, so I was prepared. The room was nice and that is why I booked it.But the staff.... The front desk told me they were unable to give me my room key till 4pm and when I asked why, I got a shoulder shrug. I did let the girl know that wasnt the correct answer and proceeded to get another shrug. I called the number listed on the card in the room for reception to get toilet paper-it rang for 10 minutes when I decided to go to the front desk. I was then told it is the wrong number and I told them to correct their information. The toilet paper issue was ongoing for the 4 nights of our stay.I guess the 1000 sheet roll has yet to make it to Cairo but you would think they were parting with gold. The breakfast was another issue-the items they put out were tomatoes, onions, peppers, mashed potatoes, hard boiled eggs, cheese, liverwurst, rolls plus the egyptian breakfast staple, fuul. We had to ask for eggs as there was nothing for us other then a breadroll and tea/coffee. The same sour girl was there in the breakfast room, removing our cups/dishes before we were finished. Another sour girl was at the front desk and wouldnt let my daughter and her finace up to our room even though I went to the front desk to say that it was ok to let them come up. She said if they went to come up to our room , she would call security as it was for our own safety....go figure. I am say and showing them it is ok and they didnt get it. If and when there is a next time, no Tiba for me-too much bad attitude except for a great bellman and the restaurant manager who made omlettes for us-they know customer service.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lms8456
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cairo
Grand Pyramids Hotel
Glorious Hotel
Glorious Hotel
#57 of 137 in Cairo
Aracan Pyramids Hotel

Been to Tiba Pyramids Hotel? Share your experiences!