“Just fine”

Cuisines: Egyptian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I went abu tarek today with my husband, we had two large koshary for $2.5 us dollars. Extremely cheap and food was just fine for me because they had no meat,but My husband loved it. The place was huge they have 3rd floor building, I was seating on 2nd floor. I enjoyed street view from my table. Overall was just fine.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We walked here from the museum. Just a few blocks, but ask a local exactly where it is because a little difficult to find. Once there we were taken to a table and our friendly waiter explained the choices which were two - which are Koshary in the bowl or the 'special' which is the main ingredients in the bowl and everything else on the side! There were two of us and we both ate till we were full for a cost of less than 30 egyptian pounds.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Located in the heart of Egypt is Abou Tarek serving the best koshary ever. Visited it after the pyramids and a tour in the museum. I would definitely recommend it to enjoy a traditional Egyptian dish. Food was delicious and service was quick.

1  Thank sara a
Reviewed 6 November 2013

(a traditional Egyptian dish consists of Rice, Macaroni, beans, Tomato, and lot of spices) I suggest you try it at Abou Tarek the best test of Egyptian Coshare love it

1  Thank Nero_012
Reviewed 2 November 2013

yes its the best since its very near by the biggest sequare in cairo tahrir square and the egyptian museum of cairo i highly recommend lunch after long tour in cairo meseum with soft drink or water botteled and take walk arround this area with private tour guide like aladin alhomry work in cairo museum and all over cairo and giza pyramids

1  Thank alladino