“Koshary=Abou tarek”

Koshary Abou Tarek
Ranked #10 of 4,152 Restaurants in Cairo
Cuisines: Fast food, Middle Eastern, Egyptian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cairo, Egypt
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Koshary=Abou tarek”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

The best place trusted to eat koshary for me.
if any one want to know the meaning of koshary, must eat it from abou tarek

1 Thank Elkomyosama

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Andalsnes, Norway
“Worlds best koshary!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is by far the best koshary place in the world. Honestly the restaurant isnt that nice, kinda dirty looking, uncomfortable and tacky, but the food is so amazing you just close your eyes and eat and eat and eat! Definately recommend eating koshary here, nothing else compares... Ive been there more than 10 times and will continue going as many times as i can, until koshary comes out my ears!

3 Thank Kristine K
England
“Excellent Koshary ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My friend told me about this place when I came back to downtown Cairo so I went to search for it.

It was packed when I went in, so I went upstairs and found a seat for myself.

You can order the 7EGP or 10EGP portion size. I ended up ordering the 10 and if was too big for me. Loved the tomatoes sauce and chilli sauce with the dish. One of the best Koshary I've had in Egypt.

2 Thank peacefulblossom
Norfolk, England
“Fast and tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Very popular place, filled mostly with locals. Clean, brightly lit, fish tanks upstairs. Good service - the waiter on our first visit explained about adding the tomato sauce, chilli and lemon etc as we were new to the koshari experience.
For others who are new to it, koshari is a mixture of pasta, rice, lentils, chick peas, fried onions with tomato sauce and other condiments to add on top. It's a filling, vegetarian meal. No menu - just koshari, plus some desserts.
We had slightly cheaper koshari elsewhere in Egypt but we still only paid 10LE for a koshari (less than 1 GBP), so hardly seems worth worrying about, and this was probably the best we had (in fact we went there twice). We could hardly believe that we'd paid the equivalent of £2.50 for a meal and soft drinks for 2!

2 Thank Sarah-and-Colin
Ohio
“Little piece of heaven....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Im not sure what planet Hadeel is from with her comment about the price...but a large is only 10LE!!! Dislikes? NONE!!!! This koshary is AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! I was rather skeptical about trying koshary, but with it being a staple food of Egypt...I had to try it. I had koshary at another restaurant and all I can say is this place is WONDERFUL!!! My husband is Egyptian so he has had more than his fair share of koshary, and he says this is the best koshary he has ever had. I will 100000% be back here again and again when I return to Cairo!! The place is BUSY and quite noisy, but once that koshary is in front of you...the world disappears :)

• Visited April 2014