“Impeccable service from start to finish”
Review of Memphis Tours

Memphis Tours
Ranked #1 of 270 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Owner description: We recognize a traveler's desire for independence, the necessities for a fulfilling visit to Egypt, and the challenges of travel. This is why we have created these comprehensive tours which offer travelers their independence in their experiences and our assistance in making Egypt an easy and fantastic experience. We bridge the gap between a traveler's dreams and their destination. All trips with Memphis Tours are known for: high quality of service with an affordable price, flexibility with clients' interests and needs, small groups, friendly, personal service, knowledgeable and honest tour operators and guides. With years of dedication to tourism, whether your interests are in the natural, adventurous, historical, cultural, or spiritual sides of Egypt, we have the best resources for any kind of trip. With Memphis Tours you will find the right trip for your time, budget, and interests. With the help of our skilled tour operators and Egyptologist guides, also can take you through these essential Egyptian sites.
London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Impeccable service from start to finish”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Memphis tours arranged a night train plus Nile cruise for us from Luxor to Aswan. From the moment I first emailed them to their follow-up communications after our holiday, I was incredibly impressed with their service.

Memphis arranged for someone to meet us at our hotel with our night train tickets from Cairo to Luxor. The price they charged for arranging the tickets was very fair, considering the usual price. The person who met us also discussed our itinerary for the Nile cruise.

We were upgraded to the beautiful Sonesta Star Goddess and enjoyed a flawless cruise. Our guide was very knowledgeable and managed to answer all the difficult questions we threw his way.

As an final example of how good the Memphis experience is, I leave you with this story: our train to Luxor arrived at the station one hour early. Not only was the Memphis representative there early to meet us, just in case, he also managed to find exactly where our carriage door was and was there waiting with a friendly smile on his face to guide us through the Luxor clamour.

I would, without doubt, book with Memphis Tours again when travelling in this part of the world. A huge thanks to all the team.

Visited November 2012

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“An evening in Luxor - charming!”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

This was an optional tour offered by our tour guide from Memphis Tours. We will be picked up from our cruise ship via horse carriage to have a short tour of the town of Luxor in the evening.

The carriage took us around the streets of Luxor, through a local street market narrow streets and ended up at the tourist market. It was a charming ride. Our driver offered brief introductions to the places we passed by.

If you want to buy souvenirs in the tourist market - be prepared to bargain down 40-50%. The spices sold here are priced very attractively - 0.5LE per gram. We made a mistake of buying spices from the Nubian Village for 3LE per gram! We should have waited till we were in Luxor!

Overall, an interesting and educational visit.

1 Thank Jill1230
Costa Mesa, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Memphis Tours Egypt is Superb”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Reviewed by Dr. R. Walsh, M.D.

I have traveled widely in the world and have benefitted from many tour companies. However, Memphis Tours Egypt offered by far the best service and value for money of any company and I recommend them extremely highly.

Every part of my communication and travel with them was handled superbly and the people were wonderful. From my first to last email contact, their internet consultant Abdo Shawky answered all my questions quickly, kindly and helpfully. From the moment I arrived at Cairo airport until the moment I departed I was assisted by extremely friendly and helpful staff.

One person, Amro, was assigned as my primary consultant and was available at any time of day or night to answer any questions. As with all guests, I was given a precharged telephone and was able to reach either Amro or that day’s tour director at any time.

Each day’s tour was carefully arranged and guided and included an air conditioned car, drinking water [essential in Egypt], a driver and tour director. My Cairo tour director Rehab Samir and driver Ahmad Mohsen were wonderful. The tour groups were very small and consisted or either two people or an individual tour.

All staff were friendly, courteous and kind. The extraordinary honesty was demonstrated very clearly. One day I dropped a 100 Egyptian pound bank note—a lot of money for an Egyptian—in the back of the tour car. The driver found it, advised his supervisor, and that evening it was returned to me

I arrived in Cairo the day after demonstrations against the anti Islam video, a day when Western media were filled with blaring headlines about anti Western demonstrations and when many tourists cancelled their trip to Egypt. A few hundred demonstrators garnered far, far more publicity than 80 million peaceful Egyptians.

It was a very sad situations and many Egyptians felt tragically misrepresented. Many of them spontaneously came up to me and said “Please tell people we’re not like the Western media portrays us.” I was treated with consistent kindness and felt no threat whatsoever. The only danger in Egypt was from the Cairo traffic.

In summary, Memphis Tours Egypt supplied superlative service and value, the best of any tour company I have known. I happily give them my highest recommendation.

Dr. R. Walsh, M.D

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Bonnie L
Ibiza, Spain
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic.. Excellent service..can't fault anything”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Absolutely fabulous time from pick up to drop off. The tour we did as a family was the day to Cairo by air. It was so organised and our guide and driver were fantastic.
A big thank you to Maged Al Gohary for his quick responses to emails and questions and for the great service we received throughout the booking.:-)

2 Thank Rainetaylor
Surfside Beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Egypt!”
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I was wary of travelling alone to Egypt, but from the time I was picked up from the airport by Memphis until my travel home, I felt safe and well cared for. The drivers were amazingly sklilful in traversing the city traffic. Transportation vehicles were immaculately clean. The tour guides both in Cairo and in Luxor/Aswan were educated Egyptologists with an excellent understanding of both ancient history and current political trends. Both described the meaning of and importance of the culture and how it has developed over time. It was gratifying to know that the guides were always looking out for me. They offered rest stops, provided water, gave wake up calls, fended off unwanted vendors, suggested additional options, and met every need that could have arisen. The Nile cruise ship was clean, roomy, and efficiently run. Meals on board were excellent in variety and quality. Fatima booked my trip via online chat and email. She was able to answer all questions in a timely manner. Price comparisons were again favorable between Memphis and other tour companies. I am hoping to return next year with my family and will definitely recommend this company to my colleagues.

1 Thank V J