“First Trip to Egypt”
Review of Memphis Tours

Memphis Tours
Ranked #10 of 302 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Owner description: We recognize a traveler's desire for independence, the necessities for a fulfilling visit to Egypt, and the challenges of travel. This is why we have created these comprehensive tours which offer travelers their independence in their experiences and our assistance in making Egypt an easy and fantastic experience. We bridge the gap between a traveler's dreams and their destination. All trips with Memphis Tours are known for: high quality of service with an affordable price, flexibility with clients' interests and needs, small groups, friendly, personal service, knowledgeable and honest tour operators and guides. With years of dedication to tourism, whether your interests are in the natural, adventurous, historical, cultural, or spiritual sides of Egypt, we have the best resources for any kind of trip. With Memphis Tours you will find the right trip for your time, budget, and interests. With the help of our skilled tour operators and Egyptologist guides, also can take you through these essential Egyptian sites.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Whilst I didn't actually organise this tour myself as I was part of a group of 4 people (one of whom organised it) I fully reaped the rewards of a well-organised and well-prepared tour. I think that whilst touring a place like Egypt with its myriad sites and complex history, a knowledgeable and interesting guide is an absolute must have! We visited many places in searing temperatures but our guide (Sherif Shabaan) never faltered in his patience and enthusiasm. He was informed and informative, made us feel safe and welcome. He answered our questions with humour and passion and made our tours come alive. Bearing in mind that our tours took place during Ramadan and our guide adhered to his fasting schedule, he performed with total professionalism. Well done Memphis Tours, you showed how professional guiding should be done.

13  Thank Jan H
Farrag Y, Manager at Memphis Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you so much for sharing your views with Memphis Tours. We are so pleased to see how happy you are with your trip and hopefully we are always up to your expectations. Please accept our sincerest wishes and best regards.

Memphis Tours Team.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,692)
All reviews
"sonesta st"
in 53 reviews

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We completed a 4 day Nile Cruise arranged by Memphis. From start to the end it was well planned, arranged and executed.

Special thanks to Yaseer - he was a guide who went beyond his call of duty - really friendly, well informed and supportive of traveler needs. His little tips and tricks helped us navigate around, even when he wasn’t there.

Also worth mentioning the amazing services we got while on-board at Movenpick Royal Lotus. The cruise was ok, nothing spectacular to be honest, the room for 3 was really small for the price - but the staff in particular working at the dining area were really fantastic. They go an extra mile.

Saptarshi

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your views and experience with Memphis Tours. We are so pleased to see how happy you are with your trip and hopefully we are always up to your expectations.

Thank you always!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We just completed a fantastic tour of Cairo and Luxor with Memphis tours. Everything was seamless from pick up to drop off at the airport. We did not have to worry about anything and felt very safe the whole time. Memphis Tours does a wonderful job pairing excellent guides and drivers. For example, our guide Amr Ahmed in Cairo was very knowledgeable and helpful taking the time to explain everything to us and I would recommend him to anyone interested in taking a private tour. His knowledge of history paired with his great sense of humor made the experience most enjoyable.

13  Thank NYCgirl04

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Greetings from Memphis Tours. On behalf of all the team we thank you so much for sharing your views and experience with us. Your review is highly appreciated and is very important to us and the community.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Four person (two father daughter pairs) Tour included Cairo, Giza, Luxor, Carnac, Aswan, Abu Simbel, then Amman and Petra August 2017. Different guides in different places has plusses and minuses and we've done tours with one guide throughout (great personal connection, but variable understandings of regions) and others like this where we have experts in every locale. Accounting for differences in personality, I thought this tour was outstanding! Couple of standouts: The real highlights were Pyramids with Camel ride and then Papyrus store and Cairo Museum. The "Egyptologist" came as advertised, knew an unbelievable amount of detail and showed us things in the museum that were tucked away out of view but related directly to things we had just seen in Giza. I really felt like we had a tour by the curator him(her)self. I've done a lot of traveling, and this guy was the most sophisticated guide of all my travels I'd leave his name but there are a LOT of Ahmeds that work for this company.

Treatment at the airports was also fantastic! There is a lot of passport presentation and shuffling at airports, especially customs, and they took most of the bite out of that experience by leading us skillfully around. They are obviously known to the locals who treat their customers very well. One of the managers was incredibly helpful when my daughter lost her passport at the hotel (we were already at the airport)... found in about 45 minutes! (my life flashed before my eyes).

Another strange standout was in Amman. We had a driver between guides (which we did have for the more important stops like Petra) who spoke essentially no English, but was so nice and amazingly accommodating, and communicated with gesture so well I was blown away. We tipped him highly as we had a couple of days with him that were also a real highlight. This underscores a culture of hospitality and concern that transcend language. I'm not really sure how he pulled that off, and shows that I have a thing or two to learn about hospitality. BTW our Petra guide was also outstanding. My daughter's name is Petra and that day stands as a lifetime peak experience for both of us. He was super knowledgeable and very very funny, kept the four of us entertained really well throughout.

General Interest... Two young Gals along, one 13, one 20 y/o. Not one worrisome interaction wrt cultures, and my daughter the 20 year old basically refused by entreaties to wear a scarf (at the beginning of the tour before I figured out it wasn't necessary). She has long blonde hair and the only interactions were local girls wanting selfies with her. Egyptians are currently in a difficult financial condition, tourism is down and the sellers are kind of desperate. The advice was not to interact with them, but I ignored that and had some wonderful interactions. NOW is the time to go, lines are short, prices as low as they're ever going to get. Egypt will never be "empty" because it's Egypt!

All in all I give 5 stars, these were some of the special moments, but there were many other great experiences. (BTW don't go in August if you can't stand heat... didn't bother us, but it might if you can't take it). Truly treasured memories!

11  Thank niconelko