“The worst hotel experience in my life”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Africa Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cairo
Africa Motel
Ranked #64 of 124 Speciality Lodging in Cairo
Brisbane, Australia
“The worst hotel experience in my life”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

What attracts you is that you will rent a b&b room with a private swimming pool, plus a tour in Africa park for free, for an overwhelming cost. And you accept this overwhelming cost for the sake of the private pool.

The Africa Safari Park itself is nice, you get face to face exposure with wildlife in a small scale to what you might see in the Savannas, you get the chance to feed them, and the best of it was the monkey and baboons area, that keeps jumping on your car all the way till you get out. It is a fantastic park, nice for a family, BUT, you need to have a car and you need to go that place only, without booking the hotel package. The price ticket for entering the park is per car, not per person and it is very cheap compared to paying for a couple of nights in the hotel.

On the other hand, for the amount you pay a day for the hotel room, you might regret as I did. I booked two nights, but I checked out after one night, and the reasons are the following:
1- The swimming pool was not clean at all. It was full of dead insects, some other litter left by other people, such as hair pins, etc.
2- By the time night comes in, there are a lot of mosquitoes outside the room due to the plantations around, so you will be unable to use the pool at night.
3- When I was booking, the salesman who answered my call to give me the price offer asked me to ask for him when I call to confirm the booking. Next time I called I forgot his name, the other guys who replied on me asked me to do the same. This kind of war in between salesmen was discomforting to me.
4- While taking us to our rooms, the room boy (who turned to be the manager later) who took us to our rooms opened the wrong room to accommodate us in, and did not notice until he heard the screams and curses of the guest inside this room.
5- When we checked out, grass sprinklers operated, and all of them were reaching the track on which we were walking to head to the reception, my wife's clothes got totally wet.

Even though the hotel wanted to compensate us giving us a free night, we just left without even thinking of his offer, we felt it useless.

The only two things which were great about staying in the hotel were:
1- The breakfast was really nice, and
2- To get into our rooms, we ride a boat, which tours us around till we reach the lodging area, which was also amazing.

For me the disadvantages outweighed the advantages, and I felt I lost the money I paid just to enjoy a private swimming pool.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

I spent one night at this excellent motel. The room is very clean. each room has a private pool and garden. the service is excellent. the stuff is very friendly and they are hard to be convinced to take tips.
You check in at the reception and then they order a boat to take you through the lake to the rooms are. very nice views. the rooms are by the lake so you can order a fishhook (free of charge) and enjoy catching fishes ( I never got one there :) ).
The food is good. they only offer the breakfast included in the room charge. it's very tasty and good quantity and quality.
you can have the lunch at the restaurant by the lake. but we ordered it in the room. it was very tasty.
you can enjoy free tours in the park for free to see the animals (you must have a car).
anyway the price of the room is somehow expensive but I think it's because you have a private pool and private garden with it.
the privacy is about 70% of the pool as it's only a wall between you and your neighbor in your next room.
overall we enjoyed our stay very much and wish to go there again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family