“A-MAZ-ING : Wished we could have stayed longer!”

Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo
Ranked #9 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I planned a trip to the Kempinski as an anniversary surprise for my husband who lives in Cairo.

Right from the beginning, the staff at the hotel were extremely helpful, friendly and really wanted to make our stay a memorable one....which it was.

When we arrived, we were greeted by a friendly porter who whisked our bags in the hotel as we left the taxi. Check-in was fuss-free and speedy.

We had a Junior Nile Suite was was exquisite and a VERY reasonable price.

The pool area actually looks like the photos and wont disappoint, It was clean, had enough lounges and the service was great. Views over the Nile were amazing too (also high enough that you didn't really hear any street noise).

We has dinner at the Osmanly Restaurant and the food was some of the best Turkish food I've had. The waiter/waitress even come over with a bowl of warm water and towels so you can refresh your hands before dining. I had the prawn guvee and my other half had the lamb kebab - again, this was some of the best food I've eaten.

When we got back to the room, it was filled with candles and roses, plus a special anniversary cake. It looked like something out of a movie - it was breathtaking.

Room service food was good too, especially the chicken shwarama, cheesecake, hamburger, fruit platter, buffet breakfast....

All in all, you CANNOT fault this place - it definately is the best place to stay in Cairo and I cant wait to go back

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsBhachu
There are newer reviews for Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo

Reviewed 1 August 2011

This being my seventh trip to Cairo I must say the Kempinsky is by far the best Nile Hotel I have stayed in. Over the years I have tried them all, this Hotel ticks all the right boxes. Clean, comfortable,convinent, with the added benefit of a wonderful staff at all levels. It is quite clear that this hotel is well run from the top, as the staff all seem very happy, are most welcoming and above all efficient. The Hotel gives you a feeeling of 'Arriving Home' the minute you walk thru the doors. The rooms are very comfortable with the best bed I have ever slept in Hotel. The breakfast was wonderful as was the food at both the Turkish and Chocolate restaurants. Over all top marks and congratulations on a job really well done. See you next year.
Gary R. Topping.

2  Thank gary t
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Fabulous! We stayed 8 days. Wish we could have stayed longer :(,
Fantastic service will be back for more! ... they made us feel like royalty, we really had a great time.
Amazing food i loved OSMANLY a lot and also they have fantastic chocolate.

1  Thank Delaraa
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We visited Cairo for a long weekend at this troubled time which has taken its toll on tourism there. I guess this is the explanation for the low prices we found there. We booked through the hotel website at an excellent rate for a junior Nile suite and it was really beautiful. On our arrival and with an abundance of impressive hotels nearby you may not be impressed by the smaller-size hotel. Still, the whole stay will compensate for this. The staff are really helpful and go all the way to make the stay easier. Even when having to communicate with those taxi drivers (which can be hard, I can assure you) the doormen can make the task happen. THE breakfast place is small and elegant with a satisfactory range of fresh products and really kind waiters/waitresses. THe concierge girl did her best to find us a live music and dance show on a Sunday night after trying for at least 2 hours. I also visited some really magnificent hotels nearby (like the Fours Seasons) but I think that Kempinski is an excellent combination of comfort, luxury and amazing service. I didn't try the spa (I had no time) but the rooftop seemed beautiful. Anyway it's a hotel I'd definitely recommend. Especially if the rates are so good!

Room Tip: Definitely a nile view room..
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sugaraki
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I have stayed in many hotels around the world. This is clearly the best hotel ever. The service was excellent, food fabulous, chocolate lounge terrific, bed and pillows so comfortable, great spa and pool. Wireless internet always up and working and a very cooperative business center. Dial the Butler any day or night and they deliver free coffee tea espresso. Free mini bar in room. Fabulous work out room. Also key - bottled water in your room at all times.

Room Tip: Nile View is key
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank randafahmy
Reviewed 21 July 2011

My wife and two girls (6 & 8) and I are staying 5 nights at Kempinski Cairo. We are still here as I write this review because I want everyone traveling to Egypt to stay here!!! Truly superb. Truly luxurious. Truly exceptional service. We were shown 4 different rooms from which to choose and eneded up in the original one I booked. But yo be offered choices was magnificent. Staff go above and beyond in every way. It is quite unbelievable. We keep asking ourselves, "can staff - as in all staff- in the one place be so nice and friendly and accommodating and service orientated?" this of course is what one should expect in all hotels yet very rare to see this actually happen. Just goes to show how fine tuned Kempinski are in training and hiring staff committed to 100% top quality service.
This place is not just for t he high flying business person. We are both school teachers and found a great online for our family to stay here - so please do not think it is out of reach. we are so glad that we too can share in the spoils and luxuries that are so often in the realm of another class who, I would imagine, are often desensitized by the luxurious surroundings and jaded by what is actually fantastic service. We are in heaven. Thanks Kempinksi Cairo!!!
John B and family will be returning.

Room Tip: Here they show you rooms and you choose your favorite. How fantastic is that!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank JohnBeijing
Reviewed 21 July 2011

A very excellent property. Every detail was perfect, from the wonderful welcome by the staff at 2am when we arrived (mango juice and cold towels were brought to our room), to the complementary tea/coffee at your wake-up call. The breakfast was wonderful - everything you could imagine was part of the buffet.

The room was on the smaller side, but very comfortable - every amenity was there; including complementary high-speed internet. The beds were extremely comfortable and bathroom nicely designed.

The pool on the roof, gym and wonderful spa are a nice touch.

The staff were wonderful - not overly annoyingly attentive, just very attentive and eager to help.

I would stay here again and recommend it to my friends and family.

4  Thank Will58