“Ahhh, so this is what a real 5 star hotel is like”

Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo
Ranked #3 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Canberra, Australia
“Ahhh, so this is what a real 5 star hotel is like”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Well, where to start. Perhaps just best to say the most wonderful hotel experience of my life so far. Personally greeted and facilitated through Cairo immigration to waiting car for transfer. That alone was worth gold. Room was good size but not huge but the balcony with Nile view more than made up for that. Butler service, free mini bar and coffee/ non alcoholic drinks 24/7. Gorgeous, fluffy bathrobes and wonderful bath oil and bath salts ( yes I indulged). Room service dinner ( outstanding) wheeled out to the balcony on request (" no problem Madam !") so I could spend as much time as possible soaking up the Cairo atmosphere and view of the Nile during my one night visit. Bed so comfortable I thought I had died and gone to heaven and think I might actually have moaned with delight as I slipped under the covers. Once the balcony doors were closed total silence. Breakfast was perfect- good range and attentive waiters. Staff were fantastic - lots of smiles and welcomes and extremely helpful. Before arriving had considered changing hotels because it's about an hour from the airport and my next visit will also be only one night. But it's worth the time getting there so will definitely return. In one word - sublime.

Room Tip: Go for the Nile view - its worth it.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank bindip61
Kempinski N, General Manager at Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your stay in Kempinski Nile Hotel.

Indeed we believe our pick up service at the airport is offering a great experience to our guests that can avoid waiting in the queue or being blocked by customs.
Also, we thank you for highlighting the fact that our soundproof windows are very effective as it is not the case usually in Cairo. This gives to our guests the opportunity to enjoy amazing Nile views and not be disturbed all night long by music coming from boats neither the city traffic.

Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to deliver the most excellent and unique service, please join us on our Facebook page to stay updated with our latest offers and news as we are looking forward for welcoming you again the soonest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Wimbledon,London
Reviewed 30 January 2012

A true 5 star hotel, every member of staff polite with a smile, I couldn't fault our room, maybe the design or decor may not be to ones taste but thats being subjective. Our room was on the 6th floor (6111) and had a side view of the Nile although classed a city view room. Yes it could have been more spaceous perhaps, maybe there could have been 2 wash basins in the bathroom his and hers. But free soft drinks minibar, tea and coffee delivered by ones butler, free movies on the tv, whats not to like ? We ate breakfast in the 'Blue' restaurant, I couldn't think of anything missing from the choice available. Dinner in the Turkish restaurant was special, our waiter Mohammad charming and skilled at his work, cost about 50 pounds sterling per person including Egyptian wine, all extra charges and a gratuity I didn't think excessive. We enjoyed so much we ate there twice. All in all marks out of 10 - 9 and a half !
Minus point - location a bit off the beaten track and the traffic madness outside the front door which made walking unpleasent, but this is not the hotels fault.

Room Tip: Higher floors for the views and away from the road noise.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bar-steward
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful remarks about your stay with us.

We are glad you could benefit from your partial view over the Nile even if you booked a city view Madina Deluxe room. Also, as you were aiming for a bigger space we would like to suggest for your next stay to book a Madina Junior Suite as we are currently offering a significant number of suites at the same price of a Deluxe room through our website. There is also a link on the top of the tripadvisor page that will give you the access to this offer that includes our winter special that offers discounts up to 30pct for guest that will stay more than 3 nights in Cairo!

Thank you for recommending our Turkish restaurant Osmanly who has succeeded to be also recently highlighted as one of the top restaurant in Cairo on tripadvisor. We would be glad if you could post on its own page about your experience to the benefit of the community.

We hope to welcome you soon at our hotel and accommodate you with everything you desire.
Paris
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Free mini-bar (soft drinks and water), free English-language local papers, free wi-fi, and free tea and coffee delivered to room at any time make this a cut above the usual hotel experience. The rooms are small but very tasteful and modern (Garden City views are fine but Nile view is very special). Breakfast very plentiful and varied. Service couldn't be more friendly and pleasant. Easy to walk to several good restaurants - or eat in, especially in the Turkish restaurant.

Room Tip: Nile view definitely worth trying for.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank nancyjanin
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your positive review about Kempinski Nile Hotel.

We are so delighted to read that you have enjoyed all our complimentary amenities that we make sure to provide to our guests to make them feel like home.
For your next stay, please have a look at the special we are offering: actually we are running an promotion offering a number of 60 SQM Junior Suites at the same rate than our Deluxe room.

It is great to hear that you have enjoyed Osmanly restaurant and we would be grateful if you could also share your experience with the tripadvisor community on the restaurant page.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 18 January 2012

The Kempinski Nile Hotel in Cairo was truly amazing! We stayed there end of December 2011. Had EVERYTHING you could need/ask for - free wi fi, an amazing roof top pool, a superb spa, a great restaurant, a CHOCOLATE ROOM! really couldn't fault this place! the room was beautiful, spacious, flat screen TV, mini bar and robe/slippers for the room. The bathroom was really nice with all possible items one would need (hairdryer, face towels, shower gels/shampoos etc, cotton swabs etc etc). Whatever one required, they would organise (taxis, restaurant locations etc). We had a really nice stay there (VERY relaxed after the hustle and bustle of Cairo outside!) and i wouldn't stay anywhere else next time i visit Cairo.

Room Tip: try get a Nile view room
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PrincessLia055
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely experience at Kempinski Nile Hotel.

We are delighted to read that we have succeeded to make your stay wonderful and make you feel like home with all the complimentary amenities that we provide to our valuable guests. We are glad that you have enjoyed our Chocolate Lounge Market. It would be great if you would have some pictures to share on our Facebook page!

We hope to see you soon again at Kempinski Nile Hotel.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed 3 days at the Kempinski at the end of our Egypt tour. Staff was friendly and helpful, rooms were spotless with beautiful bathrooms and very comfortable beds. It came as no surprise that the food and drinks were expensive in the restaurants, but well worth the experience. I would recommend this hotel if you want to indulge and feel pampered, this would be the place to go in Cairo.

Room Tip: Nile side has a more scenic view, but is noisier and higher priced. Garden city view is unappealing...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank murgatr
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review about your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay and got the chance to try our restaurants, We are glad to tell you that we have launched a new menu for Osmanly restaurants with more moderate prices to allow our guests to enjoy a fine Turkish culinary experience.

We are looking forward to welcome you again soon so please join our Facebook page to stay updated with our latest offers and news.
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed at Kempinsky last august: superb! The hotel is new, the room was very comfortable, elegant, clean, Nile view, with a large balcony, at 9th floor. I really enjoyed the swimming pool at roof top terrace, where I spend a lot of time: the view was astonishing and at the sunset it was breathless. I also "set my office" there (unfortunatly I had to work some hours everyday), I set my laptop on a small table and meanwhile I was working, the staff really pampered me with frozen towels, long drinks, fresh fruits,..... The staff at the reception were amazing, everytime I was going out (I was traveling alone) they were taking care of me, calling and addressing the cab, carring my shopping bags,.. and I cannot forget Nancy, when I was just checking-in and unfortunatly I broke the glass with a welcome fresh mango juice on the carpet, table, my shoes.. it was a mess!!! but she was very kind, professional and still smiling (thank you and sorry again). Of course the breakfast was very good with a lot of choices. The last day I had a very late night flight, but it was not a problem: they gave me a very late check-out and they hosted me all during the day at the swimming pool and in the common areas. I also enjoyd the Ottoman restaurant: excellent! and also the messages at the SPA were very professional. I am used to spend some days in Cairo and I already stayed in all the other top class hotels: I can easly say that the Kempinsky is excelling.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to post such a positive review about your stay at our hotel.

Our dedicated staff goal is to make guests’ stay memorable and special and our complimentary amenities and butler service are essential tools to make guests feel like home.

We are looking forward to get the chance to welcome you again and we hope you will join our Facebook page to stay updated with our latest offers and promotions.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Kempinski Nile Hotel in Cairo for only one night on New Year's Eve. We arrived at the hotel just after sunset and left very early in the morning, so we didn't get to experience the full range of amenities. What we did get to experience, though, was all that the advertisements promised. After passing through the metal detector at the entrance, check-in was quick. Our butler, Alaa, brought welcome drinks up to the room as he showed us all of the features of the Junior Medina Suite.

We stayed on the 5th floor in Room 5109/5110 and had a view of Garden City. Everyone will tell you Cairo is a very loud city, and yes, we could hear horns honking late into the night, but it was nothing overbearing that prevented us from sleeping. There are two bathrooms--one full and one half bathroom. The half bathroom consists of a toilet, sink area and shower and is off the living room area. The second bathroom consists of a toilet, wider sink area, bath/shower and is off the bedroom area. Everything was very clean--I'm someone who takes note of the grout in the bathroom tiles! Both the living room and bedroom have mini bars which have an assortment of sodas and water, which are no extra cost. Each room also has its own temperature control. There is free WiFi and it was relatively quick. There are flat screen televisions in each room and there are a number of new stations (CNN, for example) and fairly up-to-date movies (no charge). The entire suite is carpeted and there are bathrobes, slippers and other plush extras to make you feel comfortable and relaxed. My husband became obsessed with the bath oil in the bathroom...he swore it made his skin so soft! One cool thing about the main bathroom is that there's a little volume control near the toilet where you can control the sound level of music that plays while you're in the bathroom. Other amenities include: an electronic safe, blow dryer (hair), emory boards, cotton swabs, and a scale. The bed was a dream! After traveling from NYC, it was a welcome treat.

For dinner, there were a number of special menus in the restaurants. We chose to eat at Osmany, which offered a prix fixe menu or 7 or so courses. It ended up being quite expensive ($235!) but it was a pleasant meal nonetheless, consisting of several mezze w/bread, seafood salad, goose, sorbet, fruit and some other items I cannot remember. Overall, a very filling meal. Our waiter's name tag indicated that his name was Shady and he was wonderful. There was a NYE party being held in the Jazz Bar, but we missed it after falling asleep (blame it on the comfortable bed). Sometime around 3:00 a.m. or so we became hungry (blame it on the time zone difference) and ordered room service. There's a rather extensive room service menu and with an order of several mezze, we received it within 30 minutes of ordering.

We didn't hear our alarm clock go off in the morning, and had to leave to catch an early tour so unfortunately, we didn't have time to check out breakfast, or some of the other areas around the hotel, but for our brief time there, it was a very enjoyable stay. We stayed in 5 different hotels around Egypt during this trip and it's very true that you get what you pay for....and with Kempinski Nile Hotel, you'll get a lot!

Room Tip: If you're a very light sleeper, you might ask for a Nile-view room.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LuxeTraveler_9
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your great experience at Kempinski Nile Hotel. We are glad that you have fully enjoyed your suite which we believe is most probably offering one of the best luxury experiences in Cairo.

We are so glad you had the opportunity to experience our Turkish restaurant Osmanly in such a special day and would be proud of having you posting a review about it on the Osmanly’s dedicated page on tripadvisor.

We also feel sorry that you have missed the party at the Jazz bar that was included with the dinner.

Wishing your next visit with us would be longer, please allow us to invite you to join our Facebook page where you will be able to plan with us your next trip to Cairo.