“A day I will never forget!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Real Egypt Day Tours

Real Egypt Day Tours
Ranked #11 of 263 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Owner description: Real Egypt is officially registered as a Travel Service Company in Egypt, and is owned and operated by Samir Abbass. Samir and his friendly, highly trained team can lead you through all of Egypt, and each has excellent knowledge of the places you will visit and is devoted sharing their passion for this country.Service is our highest value. We want to give you the ultimate experience of Egypt that connects you to the history, culture and people, and leaves you feeling that you have done far more than just seen the sights. Real Egypt provides a personalized travel plan, and we are dedicated to creating the best possible itinerary for you. We don’t try to squeeze too much into a few hours, we allow time to absorb each place, and your tour can be extended if desired. We don’t take you to tourist traps to buy or eat, or to any other places where you will feel pressured.Some of our prices may be slightly higher than other companies, but this is to ensure that all your needs are accommodated and you have more choice in what you can see and do.Real Egypt believes in ethical business practices, treating others fairly, and providing the best service. We believe that Real travel strengthens intercultural understanding and mutual respect.We assure your comfort and safety. We continue to evolve by offering additional customized services and training new staff, so we can bring your more of Egypt without compromising the quality of service that we provide.But don’t just take our word for it. We invite you to read our guest reviews in Trip Advisor and watch video testimonials from our past guests on youtube channelWARNING:As a company with a mission of honesty to our guests, we would like to warn you that there have recently been some companies who have adopted similar names to ours in order to shift traffic to their own website. Real Egypt is not in any way affiliated with, and is not to be confused with any of these companies.
London, United Kingdom
“A day I will never forget!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I booked a flight with an 18 hour layover in Cairo and in doing my research on what to do, stumbled upon Real Egypt Tours with its impressive number of excellent reviews. Because I didn't know how much I could see (or importantly, how safe things would be) I sent an email with various questions. Samir responded straight away having put together a personalised day trip which was as ambitious as I had hoped whilst also giving me all the information regarding security. Suddenly I couldn't wait to go - who hasn't had a childhood dream of going to Egypt?
Real Egypt certainly didn't disappoint - from helping through customs to letting me nap on the journey between stops as well as taking wonderful photos (a tourist with only a phone camera...) throughout the day, the whole team made me feel welcome and at ease immediately. Samir is an expert in all things Egypt - he recounts history from ancient Egypt and in the next breath makes insightful comparisons with the cultural context of today. We spoke to the many people Samir knows around the city that we met during the day, about their lives, their work and of course, their politics and I was often asked what we hear about Cairo and Egypt from the news we get outside of the country. Meeting these people as well as the ones from Real Egypt will remain my favorite part of the trip. But I will finish with another special memory from the day - as tour guides are not allowed to enter the Great Pyramid (to keep the numbers down) and because we arrived just before lunch time closure, I ended up walking inside the Great Pyramid all alone! Just me and 4500 years of history. I cannot describe how wonderful and awe-inspiring that was. I'm very happy and grateful to Samir and Real Egypt for this and all the other unforgettable memories! Alexandria, the desert and the Nile will be my next (Real) Egypt trip...

Visited March 2014

Frankfurt, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING day trip at Cairo!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

We had a day layover at Cairo on our recent trip to South Africa. We were initially hesitant to visit the city, but we are REALLY glad we did it with Real Egypt! Samir and his team made us feel very comfortable and safe from the moment we stepped thru customs at the airport. Very personable team! We were really impressed with how knowledgeable Samir is from the start of the journey at the Christian Quarter. He was comfortable talking about modern, medieval and ancient Egypt and pretty much any topic you can ask. From there we visited sites of the ancient pyramids, the boat museum, the sphinx, memphis and sakkara. We love it that he is into photography so he helped us take some amazing photos! The fact that he knows the ppl around so well makes us feel very safe. Samir was very efficient with the little time we had in the area and we were able to see all the sites requested. He took us to a local place for lunch; it was refreshing to be able to experience the local cuisine, people and atmosphere. One of my favorites was walking through the medieval section of Egypt, where most tour groups don't take you to. It was an unforgettable time. Samir was so kind to stop on the way to buy us local snacks. Our driver was super efficient in getting us to places as well, despite the crazy Cairo traffic. We travel a lot so we know what good and bad service is, and we have high expectations. Real Egypt definitely surpass ours expectations. We'd Highly recommend this tour! In fact, when time permits, we will return to take advantage of Samir's other tours to Luxor and Southern Egypt in the future. Five Stars!!!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank TravelBugAddict_2014
Cairo, Egypt
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely and wonderfully Impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

We live in Cairo and have done many things on our own, but after touring around Cairo and Luxor with Samir, we will always contact Samir to take us and our visitors around. He is very knowledgeable of the places we visited and he kept our young children entertained, even on an 8 hr tour! With Real Egypt, you really get The Real Egypt. Amazing experiences and memories have been made between touring the pyramids without people bothering us, or a private day-long felucca (sailboat) tour in Luxor or even eating lunch homemade by a family on a farm in a mud brick oven! It was absolutely perfect. The drivers were Very kind and the Samir and his assistant in Luxor made our Holiday perfect! His rates are perfect for the amount of personal attention and knowledge you will receive.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank CinCairo
New York City, New York
“One day in Cairo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I recently had a 12 hour layover in Cairo on my way to Africa. I was traveling with a friend and we decided to explore the possibility of leaving the airport for the day and visiting the pyramids. My friend did some research and found some reviews on TripAdvisor for Real Egypt. She contacted Samir and he responded almost immediately and quickly established an itinerary that met our needs. This was an unexpected treat at the start of a lengthy vacation. Samir's team was perfect. We were met at the airport and escorted through passport control and out of the airport to a private driver and car (who stayed with us throughout the day). We stopped to pick up Samir on the way to the pyramids ... and since he was standing along the side of the road, this literally took seconds. At the pyramids Samir provided us with extensive background on the Egyptian history and the people who built these great structures. We did not encounter many European or American tourists, but there were many Egyptian's visiting the site the same day. In the evening, we moved on to El Moez St and visited a mosque and the shopping area before having a wonderful dinner in a local restaurant. Samir was very open about the situation in Cairo and it was a pleasure to hear the perspective of someone who is living through the current events everyday. There is no way my friend and I could have done this day excursion on our own. Samir provided such a positive experience. He is gracious, enthusiastic, extremely knowledgable and truly pleasant company. We were driven back to the airport in plenty of time to make our departing flight. If you have find yourself facing a lengthy layover in Cairo, don't spend it in the airport, spend it with Samir!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank JulieBuck666
Antwerp, Belgium
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

really amazing Samir we always enjoy our time with you

our trip we spent it to pyramids and the citadel really we enjoy

so friendly and helpful