Cairo City Center Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbudget hotelramses stationnice hotelfatimaegyptconsdriver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Entrance and stairway/elevator didn't look promising (old & dirty), but the hotel itself, on the 6th floor, was adequately clean. We, family of 4, got two joined double rooms with private bathroom but be aware there are also bathrooms in the corridor which have to be shared. Our room(s) also included A/C. Do not expect a daily cleaning and daily fresh towels; we stayed for 4 nights and bought a cloth to sweep our bathroom floor. Only 1 sheet, 1 towel and 1 pillowcase per person was provided, leaving 1 (of 2) -dirty- pillows and the duvets uncovered. Beds are excellent but put in earplugs, because the noisy Cairo traffic with constant use of horns continues 24/7. Also bring your own toilet paper. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is included, but simple. Location is perfect, view (partly on the Nile) is nice. Very reasonable 'hostel price' for an adequate hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Christina P
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I think Cairo City Center is one of the best options to stay downtown in Cairo, it's so near to everything, plus personel there is really nice and the service is pretty good.
Must say the price you pay for it is more than fare for what you get!!!! And definitely i will recomend it to anyone travelling to Cairo!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Veronica T
Reviewed 7 April 2012

when me and my guest arrived. We looked at the Hotel, it look like an old apartment building converted into a hotel[ not as pictured}. We had to walk SIX flights of stairs where the check-in desk was located. The staff was VERY RUDE to me and my guest. First, the put us on separate floors and told me that is my problem[ rude]. it was 10 pm, i get to my room and there are flying things in the room. Maybe because the balcony doors would not look, so i was scared and could not sleep. i needed to use the bathroom , i had to call the staff th open the bathroom door which took 20 or 30 minutes to open.I went to watch television, the tv dont work. the cable is broken.At the end of our bad stay. they tried to get money from my guest, i was on my flight back to usa. This is not a 3 star hotel, maybe a i star[ im being nice] I will never recommend this hotel to any one. This websites need to really see this hotel before they post this very wrong pictures of this hotel. BE AWARE!!!!!

Room Tip: rooms are not as pictured
5  Thank candi_o_12
Reviewed 12 March 2012

It makes me sad to see the negative reviews. The staff was more then helpful after a mix-up on our booking. The rooms are clean and open and there is a nice area for breakfast and a great balcony. The location is great as it is just a block away from the Egyptian Museum. The only caution I have is not to mistake this hotel for Cairo City Hotel. Absolutely cannot beat the price for this lovely gem!

2  Thank Gera B
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This review is for the Cairo City Center Hotel (NOT the Cairo Center Hotel--another hotel in the city)...The hotel itself is average. The rooms are clean and simple. It has a shower and comfy bed, which is all you need from a hotel in Egypt as there is so much to do, you won't spend much time in your room. The amazing part of this hotel is the staff, from restaurant and tour recommendations to making sure you feel at home...After a long day touring the pyramids they sent someone to pick up food so that I didn't have to go out. I don't think I've ever experienced such hospitality from hotel staff!! The location is great! A block or so walk to the museum and close to Tahrir Square. The street noise can be distracting but not to the point that you can't get to sleep. Great experience!