“Rasha, Egypt Daily Tours was excellent”
Review of Egypt Daily Tours

Egypt Daily Tours
Ranked #39 of 274 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Owner description: Rasha Elashmawy is an Egyptologist and free lance English speaking tourist guide, arranging tailor made sightseeing tours in Cairo, Giza and Alexandria for individuals, families as well as groups.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Rasha El Ashmawy was an excellent tour guide for us in Cairo (as well as her assistant, also called Rasha, who guided us for 2 days in Cairo as well). We were with our 6 year old boy and we all felt very safe throughout the 3 days of touring, and comfortable with an air con, clean van. Rasha was exceptionally knowledgeable and very friendly and helpful, and made our trip to Cairo very memorable and safe - thank you!

There are newer reviews for Egypt Daily Tours

Reviewed 11 November 2012

We spent two days with Rasha in Cairo, and it was the best day trip I’ve ever had! The first day we visited the Giza pyramids, Saqqara, the tombs near Saqqara with amazingly preserved hieroglyphics, and the main Bazaar in Cairo. The second day we visited the Citadel, Muhammed Ali mosque, the Egyptian Museum, and saw Tahrir Square. Rasha’s advice was so helpful from where the best place to take pictures were to giving the history behind each location. I do need to say something about the traffic: it’s really, really bad. Of course it was completely worth it (Rasha’s driver Abu was a pro and so nice) but I’d bring some Dramamine or something similar. Many people tried to tell us that it wasn’t safe to go to Egypt, but after reading the reviews from the US embassy, we decided to go, and I’m so glad we did! I wouldn’t recommend trying to DIY, but with a guide and driver we felt completely safe, even safer that I’d feel in many cities in the US. Just use basic common sense and follow Rasha’s advice, and there’s nothing to worry about. Because of the decline in tourism since the revolution, we even got to go in the Great Pyramid by ourselves! No other tourists! It was breathtaking, and something I will remember for the rest of my life. On top of all that, it was less expensive than the cruise tour. I highly, highly recommend using Rasha while in Cairo.

4  Thank BARNETTL1984
Reviewed 29 October 2012

My partner and I booked 2 days of sight-seeing in Cairo with Egypt Daily Tours on the 26th and 27th of October 2012. First of all i would like to say how efficient Rasha (the owner) was at answering my email enquiries. She always got back to me that same day, with all of the required information, providing excellent service before we had even arrived in Egypt. When we did arrive in Cairo the standard of service we received from Rasha was first class. With Rasha, we did 2 full day tours and saw the highlights of Cairo all for what i would consider to be a very reasonable price. Rasha's wealth of knowledge was outstanding and she easily answered any questions we had. She provided us with different bits of interesting information that you would not find in guide books or from other less knowledgeable tour guides. Our driver was also excellent and navigated his way around the busy, hectic streets of this bustling city. Everything was organised professionally and Rasha took into account our preferences and made small changes to the itinery to suit this. I would like to highlight that the whole time we were in Cairo and with Rasha we felt 100% safe. Any dangers from the recent political unrest in the city has now vanished (or it seemed this way anyway). I would highly recommend Rasha's services in Cairo - she really did provide us with an exceptional 2 days.

2  Thank megsmfr
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We like to get help from a local professional guides on our tours and this time we met Rasha.
We enjoyed Cairo for 2 days with her and she helped a lot. She organized everything smoothly.
We have been to Saqarra / Memphis / Giza Pyramids & Sphinx first day and visited the museum, Coptic Cairo and the Khan El-Khalili Bazaar at the second day. She also hired a Felucca for a trip on Nile.
She gave a lot information on attractions and we always felt safe with her. She is speaking very good English. We highly recommend her service, especially if you have children.

2  Thank MSaygin
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Usually we find our way around cities without any guides or organised tours, but I was worried about negotiating my way around Cairo in the current political climate, so I did the research and contacted a number of guides before we left the UK.
Rasha's responses were quick, friendly, and considered; she certainly seemed to take on board what we wanted to do, rather than offer a pre-designed tour and this, combined with her gender, made me think she'd be our best option. So we arranged meeting times and prices (she even offered to pick us up at the airport, but that was a service we didn't need) and ensured she had contact numbers.
When we were picked up at the airport by our company rep and he stopped talking to us once we explained we'd already engaged Rasha in advance as our tour guide, we began to wonder if we'd done the right thing. But this was clearly just about the competition for work in Cairo, which proved to be very quiet (apart from the local traffic, which means we were very grateful for the skill and patience of Rasha's driver). We had no issues with Rasha at all. She even let us know when the weight of traffic meant she'd be delayed by 5 minutes.
We spent 2 1/2 days with Rasha. She designed our itineraries with thought and her commentaries were peppered with humour. She never rushed us. And she always asked what sort of food establishment we'd prefer (never recommending anywhere that gave us an upset tummy). We covered the three major pyramid sites, in chronological order, which helped our understanding of the developing skills of the builders and designers and the economic and sociological drivers better than if we'd just tried to get to Giza early. She took the same approach to Islamic and Christian Cairo. And she was invaluable in helping negotiate the immensity of the Cairo museum.
Price wise, there doesn't seem to be much difference between guides; and since all guides have to be qualified (Rasha began as an archaeologist) it isn't easy to choose between guides in Egypt. But with nearly 20 years' experience, good English, and a wide appreciation of the history, culture and politics of her country, I would thoroughly and confidently recommend Rasha's services.

3  Thank Veggiemel