“Lovely place in the middle of Cairo”
Review of Travelers House

Travelers House
Ranked #26 of 60 Cairo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel was a welcome relief for my group of 4. It's situated right smack in the middle of Cairo and walking distance to Tahrir Square. Food and shopping is not a problem here.

But the best part of Travellers House was Adel and his brother who helped us a lot. Service was fantastic which was a surprise if you think about the rates here.

Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone wanting a cheap and awesomely comfortable place to crash in Cairo.

PS: The hotel is on the 3rd floor I think, and going up in the elevator is scary, but everything else was just awesome.

Room Tip: There is one room with attached bathroom, would be good for those who want privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RaymondRaj1906
There are newer reviews for Travelers House

Reviewed 30 June 2012

This was an amazing hostel with a great location, fantastic staff, and affordable pricing. The location is close to Tahrir square, across the street from the best bakery in cairo, and has food all around. The staff speak excellent English and are extremely friendly and helpful. I enjoyed talking to them whenever I could and we quickly became friends. The rooms are very comfortable, clean, and are air conditioned which was amazing in the summer. They have high ceilings and have balcony views of the busy street below.

I loved my stay at this hostel and I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I did. Thank you Ahmed and Adel who were wonderful staff who helped take care of me. I will always remember hanging out with you guys and our enlightening conversations.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank b w
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I stayed with my partner and two friends in a 5 bed dorm here in downtown Cairo, the room itself was very clean, the shower had no curtain though so the bathroom flooded every time we used it! The air conditioning was brilliant!
The owner’s English was very good and he was very helpful, even giving us a takeaway breakfast as we had a very early start one morning. The owner arranged a taxi for us which went from our hostel to the pyramids at Giza to the pyramid at Sakkara them back to the hostel for a very reasonable price (£20 for the four of us). Twice however he gave us confusing directions to places we were trying to find on foot, which was frustrating! Overall, however, this was good value for money and I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank lotty02
Reviewed 8 May 2012

The travelers house hotel is a GREAT place to stay!

Like most people, I was a little anxious when booking my trip to Egypt, but I felt completely comfortable here.  Even when protests were occurring at Tahir Square whilst i was there, I felt completely at ease here.

The location is good and is walking distance to Egyptian Museum/Tahir Square and Islamic Cairo, but it is far enough so you are not close to any problems.

The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable.  A/C was fine and I even enjoyed my own private balcony.

The bathrooms were always kept in good condition and hot water was always available.

The common area/lounge is a great place to rest after a long day and mix with other like minded travelers.  Cable TV (with BBC) was good to keep on top of the action at Tahir Square.

A decent Breakfast was also provided - eggs, cheese, bread and tea/coffee, much better than most places.

All this aside, the best thing about Travelers House was Adele!! He's the MAN! He arranged a taxi to collect me from the airport, he organized any tour I wanted to go on, he recommended places to see/eat/visit whilst I was in Cairo,  he even helped me get Internet on my iPhone and wrote down instructions in Arabic if I was going anywhere tricky so I wouldnt get lost.

Basically, Adele definitely contributed to my great stay in Cairo and helped me in any way he could - I truly appreciate his help.  Also,  his English is great and he's a friendly guy who enjoys a good chat (like me) :-)

I would definitely recommend staying at the Travelers House Hotel, it has everything you need, plus more, and it's sooo cheap!

Thanks again Adele :-)

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank AusRob85
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Travelers House is a really nice hostel to stay. Location is superb with the best falafels around the corner and if you like sweets, its just opposite the hotel. Nearby is a very good koshari restaurant. Close to train station, walking distance from Metro, local shops and modern shops/restaurants/cinema all around. A safe place & not too close not too far from Tahrir. Because of the great central location it's a bit noisy and earplugs at night will do you good. Luggage storage is no problem.
Rooms are spacious, clean & comfy with large windows, high ceilings & street view, hot shower 24/7, small kitchen, big common area with internet & TV and small balcony. Airport pickup on time. Car can be arranged at reasonable price. The elevator is working most of the time. If not it's only 4 easy floors and somebody will help with your luggage (arrival/leaving).
Above all the service is very welcoming, friendly and helpful! Adel speaks very well English and has solid information for your travels, knows the best places in Cairo, helps you organize your trip. Samy is the best driver. Thank you guys, I had a great time and interesting chats! Thanks to all of you! When in Cairo I'll certainly stay here again.

PS I'm a sgl wmn traveling by bike. Storage of the box for a couple of weeks was no problem.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Bernadette56
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here in March. We were impressed with how smoothly everything went from start to finish. In Egypt this is definitely something to be thankful for! First off, they had a driver waiting for us at the airport at 2:00 in the morning even though our plane was 2 hours late. When we got to the hotel they immediately checked us into our room and offered us tea. We wanted to get started on our vacation as soon as possible and they were even able to arrange a trip to the Pyramids that morning for us even at the late hour. We were very impressed. We only had 2 days in Cairo but had a great easy vacation thanks to the staff here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Meg F
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I chose this hotel based on reviews on Trip Advisor and was quite pleased with my choice. The staff especially make this hotel stand out - always friendly and always willing to give advice. I work in the tourism industry so I appreciate this immensely. They gave me lots of solid information to help me decide what I should visit in Egypt and then helped me figure out how to do it. Now is a great time to visit Egypt - the weather was fantastic - warm days and cool nights.
My room had a great little balcony to watch the city below. Cairo is a fascinating place and a fun place to people watch, there is always so much happening. There was also a balcony in the common area where they serve breakfast, it was nice to eat breakfast while watching the city wake up.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo