“the perfect”

Cairo, Egypt
“the perfect”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

TRAVELERS HOUSE HOTEL
is very nice hotel and very nice staff they are very helpful and the tips they have gave to me was very honest ,i stayed in room number 403 its lovely room with balcony if you are single :) , i will come back soon and stay there again :)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank jamsp_12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Me and my love stayed here for a few nights early this summer, before embarking on a trip across Egypt and we'd happily stay here again.

Not only is this hotel well-located (near metro, lots of shops, restaurants, and attractions) it is safe, clean, offers a good value, and best of all, maintained by some truly wonderful & kind people.

Among them, Adel is in 1-word, amazing! He was tremendously helpful in arranging a grande trip for us, full of good advice, great accommodations, and knowledgable guides. We had such a memorable trip, in large part to Adel's help.

There is a reason this place wins awards every year people... it's great!

If you desire quality, non-corporate lodging, with real people who have real values; stay here... you won't be sorry!

Room Tip: Get one with AC :)
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank j m
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2012

A great hotel in the downtown area! Really close to the Egyptian museum and the Metro station (Nasser). The hotel was clean and the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 8James
Bydgoszcz, Poland
Reviewed 4 August 2012

This hostel was really our home as Adel told me and this was true. We stayed there 3 times and always felt wonderful.
Its location is great, breakfast were tasty and room spacious with AC.
The best of this hostel is its stuff Adel which was very friendly, always ready to help, giving us names of locations in Arabic, maps.
I'm sure if I'll be in Cairo I'll stay in this hostel cause this is my home there. Thanks Adel for everything, great time.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marcineliasz
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel was a welcome relief for my group of 4. It's situated right smack in the middle of Cairo and walking distance to Tahrir Square. Food and shopping is not a problem here.

But the best part of Travellers House was Adel and his brother who helped us a lot. Service was fantastic which was a surprise if you think about the rates here.

Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone wanting a cheap and awesomely comfortable place to crash in Cairo.

PS: The hotel is on the 3rd floor I think, and going up in the elevator is scary, but everything else was just awesome.

Room Tip: There is one room with attached bathroom, would be good for those who want privacy.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank RaymondRaj1906
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This was an amazing hostel with a great location, fantastic staff, and affordable pricing. The location is close to Tahrir square, across the street from the best bakery in cairo, and has food all around. The staff speak excellent English and are extremely friendly and helpful. I enjoyed talking to them whenever I could and we quickly became friends. The rooms are very comfortable, clean, and are air conditioned which was amazing in the summer. They have high ceilings and have balcony views of the busy street below.

I loved my stay at this hostel and I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I did. Thank you Ahmed and Adel who were wonderful staff who helped take care of me. I will always remember hanging out with you guys and our enlightening conversations.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank b w
Portsmouth
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I stayed with my partner and two friends in a 5 bed dorm here in downtown Cairo, the room itself was very clean, the shower had no curtain though so the bathroom flooded every time we used it! The air conditioning was brilliant!
The owner’s English was very good and he was very helpful, even giving us a takeaway breakfast as we had a very early start one morning. The owner arranged a taxi for us which went from our hostel to the pyramids at Giza to the pyramid at Sakkara them back to the hostel for a very reasonable price (£20 for the four of us). Twice however he gave us confusing directions to places we were trying to find on foot, which was frustrating! Overall, however, this was good value for money and I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends