Travelers House
US$296
  • Pool
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo(Cairo)
US$153
US$100
US$96
US$107
  • Pool
Le Meridien Cairo Airport(Cairo)
US$171
  • Breakfast included
US$177
US$116
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 March 2013

this is perfect place for travelers who do not want to spend much money,travelers house located in very central street in down town of cairo which make it near to every where,The rooms and bathrooms were spotlessly clean and were serviced on request Soap and towels were provided. Wifi was good in the common area (none in the room), Free and continuous teas and coffees were available.nothing to argue about considering the price Dont let the entrance on ground floor trick you as the hostel itself on fourth floor is a different .We used the airport shuttle offered by the hostel - it all worked very well. Good way to avoid the usual taxi hassle.
the friendly staff of travelers house speaking very good english and they help as much as they can to comfort you .this place is highly recommended for people who want to spend few nights in cairo ..

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank victor s
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Great location! Walking distance to the Egyptian Museum and rail station. There is a common area with internet and you can request for tea and shisha too, which was good. Staff speaks English. There were some mosquitos at night that didn't make the sleeping experience good. The bathroom had mold in it and wasn't in the best condition. Lastly, the elevator and the building itself is very old, so please be aware of this, but this is common in downtown Cairo at this price point. It gets the shower and sleeping job down, but I would not stay here for anything more than that. Not a good choice for romance for my wife and I. Overall, great value and location for the price you pay if you are on a budget.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank magnusip
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Choose this hostel based on price and the many positive recommendations posted on Trip Advisor. We were booked into Travellers House for three nights and checked out after one due to the fact that the street noise from our room was unbearable. The location was perfect and the staff were very friendly and their english was good but this was not enough to convince us to stay any longer than we had too. Our room as a double with an ensuite which consisted of a shower over the toilet. It had an unpleasant smell as well which we could not pin point. One towel was offered for two of us. Our room was also full of Mosquitos.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here, make sure you ask for a room that is no where near the streets.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kel E
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I was very happy to have stayed here for about week this January. The staff were excellent and extremely helpful in every question I had. Not only did they put up with my endless questions, they were also more than happy to show me sites, explain directions and took care of my taxi ride from the airport.

The rooms are simple and clean, and the breakfast in the morning does the job.

I would like to also note that the manager, Adel, Is amazingly helpful and made me feel safe the entire time I was there. If you are single traveler, this place is perfect, but of course it's good for anyone!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Christie K
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I visited cairo recently along with my family and stayed at Travelers house at cairo after seeing some reviews in trip advisor. i found the hotel to be safe, staff were very friendly and caring, they speak english well. it is situated in a convenient locality so proximity to hotels, transports, exchanges, atms etc was there. The hotel arranged for trips to other places in egypt and the whole trip was well organised, we were guided by knowledgeable persons. our safety was well taken care of, and i felt a home in the hotel. i will recomend this to all my friends for their trip to cairo

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family