“Nice Hosptality”

Ranked #4 of 54 Cairo B&B and Inns
Canada
“Nice Hosptality”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I would personally rate this hotel as one of the amazing budget cheap hotels in Cairo ,The owner Mohammed Alnajar made my experience in his hotel like a 5 star resort experience he really does go out of his way to make his guest feel at home and that's how he made me fee .

This was my first trip to Egypt and I was scared and worried from the news I was hearing in television before visiting prior to leaving Canada I have contacted Mohammed to let him know that I needed to book hotel but did not want to deal with third party websites he confirmed my booking for a whole month and gave me a good rate
Mohammed went out of his way to make sure my landing experience in his home town is the safest one he and his driver were waiting for me before I even landed and took care of all my bags and everything else

Don't put high expectations as I was expecting standards of service like in Canada in the beginning and was shocked but Mohammed made sure I was satisfied and actually switched me from the second floor to the first floor room which has an amazing view right beside the lounge

keep in mind its a low budget hotel however its in a very convenient and safe area ,hotel is right in the middle of everywhere 3 minutes walk to all the amazing shops and dining ,there is a McDonald's right around the corner of the hotel

overall I had a really good experience, Mohammed and his staff are wonderful

truly wonderful first time experience in Cairo and felt very safe walking in and out of the building with the doorman being there all night felt like 24 hour security

(**** only downside is hotel is really outdated and old and is in need of major renovation also television are the very small tiny ones from 20 years ago and really need to be upgraded to new bigger flat screen televisions

****rooms are not cleaned everyday unless you specifically ask them to*****

Room Tip: **** I recommend you to get your own linens and Towel as overall quality of Egyptian hotels standard...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank Princess_Huda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cape Town
Reviewed 31 July 2013

For the price you're paying you could do a lot worse than the Cairo Moon.

Make no mistake: this is a budget hotel. The hotel only takes up the 8th floor of a building (as many other budget hotels do), and the signage is a bit hard to spot from the street.

The room we stayed in had a noisy aircon and the shower was more like a trickle, but at $25 a night for a private room and bathroom in downtown Cairo, we had no reason for complaint.

Mohammed (the owner/manager) was very friendly and helpful. Even though we were just there for one night, he tried his best to make us feel at home and was always ready to answer any questions we had.

The location is excellent and the security in the building was very good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ZA_Travel_Junky
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Fantastic hospitality and made very welcome. We were picked up from the airport and day trips were organised. Accommodation is basic but very good value for money. Well worth the amazing trip up in the elevator. They were very helpful in advising us and in organising a daytrip to Giza, Saqarra and Red and bent pyramids.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank kiwifamily55
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I would categorize Cairo Moon hotel as one of the best Budget hotels which offers five star service by Mr. Mohamed. Even minor defects were happily ignored by me as Mohamed made us feel at home and tried his best to make us comfortable. He organised customised trips for us at excellent prices. Currency exchange, mouth watering breakfast, free internet, airy balcony on 8th floor - what else could I have asked more for ! He provided us an option to access his kitchen to boil water for our infant kid.

Would always stay here even if I was paid to stay in a five star hotel else where in the city. Thank you Mohamed for all your help. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the room facing the road having a balcony.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Puneet A
Mzuzu, Malawi
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Although it's been over a year since my brief stay at Cairo Moon (September 2011) I still feel obliged to express my appreciation for the welcome I and my family received at Cairo Moon hotel. We went at the last minute without knowing what to expect. The elevator into the hotel was a little daunting but the rooms themselves were spacious and clean and the manager and staff were very helpful and accommodating of my large family's needs and spoke excellent English. They gave us plenty of friendly, useful advice on restaurants and avoiding tourist traps around Cairo.

The breakfast was simple - bread, jam and tea- but the rooms were priced at such good value that even that felt like a generous gesture. Thank you and apologies for the delay in posting this review.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Peanut-Caramel
San Diego, California
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I really feel truly blessed for finding this hotel, I was backpacking the middle east solo but felt at home among friends the very first night I checked in. Mohamed is a very involved owner and will make sure your experience is as perfect as he can make it, always helpful, always friendly.

ASK FOR "RAAOF" AS A DRIVER! I went all over the middle east and out of the dozen or so drivers I had, Raaof in Cairo was definitely the best! Bright young man, very good english, studied tourism and history in college so he can give you a lot of insight both past and present into Egypt. In addition to showing me all over Cairo, making sure my experience at the pyramids was amazing, and spending entire days with me, he also went above and beyond by picking me up at the airport even though I arrived at midnight, and dropping me off when I left at 4AM. Very trustworthy. He truly made my experience in Cairo epic but most importantly SAFE. He's much more then a driver, he's a guide (a very good one) and now a friend.

There are nicer more expensive places to stay but given the overall experience if you consider yourself a "traveler" more then a "tourist" you really need to stay here and spend a couple days with Mohamed and Raaof, let them show you Cairo with a locals perspective. They are both very professional and likeable guys.

Before coming I read comments about the building being old and breakfast being bland, which I guess I can understand, but for the $ I was actually very surprised by how nice and comfortable this place was, yeah its old, but very clean and everything worked. Remember this is in downtown Cairo! Thats the best part, and you can't beat the price. If you're used to staying in most hostels like me this place will feel like a luxury hotel :)

I obviously had a great time in Egypt, and a lot of that had to do with staying here.

Room Tip: This place is high enough that the 24/7 "noise of Cairo" really isn't that bad.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank SharkBait8
Lahore, Pakistan
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I did choose three time this hotel. Because i always feel that i am living at my family home. His staff is very cooperative and his owner Mohamed El naggar has very nice personality and helpful person. If Egyptian government will give me residence visa i will live in CAIRO MOON HOTEL.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business