“A day we will never forget”

Jana Private Day Tours
Ranked #12 of 63 Outdoor Activities in Cairo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Egypt is the gift of the Nile... Nowhere are there so many marvelous things as in Egypt, nor in the whole world besides are to be seen so many things of unspeakable greatness," wrote the Greek scholar Herodotus in 425 BC.Egypt has stunned and delighted its visitors for millennia, and the Nile River is the gateway to its many gems and one-of-a-kind treasures.We have been the local sightseeing experts offering a wide range of daily tours covering all of Egypt's most well-known attractions. Our tours are escorted by professional guides and include travel by luxury air conditioned coach and include all entrance fees. We appreciate that your leisure time is important to you and have therefore designed our tours to ensure that you have the maximum amount of time at each venue to fully appreciate it and enjoy the experience.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Marseille, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A day we will never forget”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I read reviews here for Jana tours and the excellent reputation of Mohamed Abaza and his team.
My wife and i were in transit in Cairo for 20 hours and wanted to see as much as possible, so I emailed him and he replied with some ideas for a tour very quickly at a very reasonable price.

We were met at the airport by Mustapha (who quickly sorted out the visas and is known at the airport) and our driver Hosni (at 3.30am) and taken to a hotel for 4 hours, before the start of the tour.
We met Mohamed in the morning (along with Hosni as our personal driver for the day) and he proved to be delightful informative company for the whole day. He is an Egyptologist and professor at the University and something of a local celebrity, as we found out during the day - literally everybody knew him.
Because of the recent troubles, Cairo was empty of tourists, so on our visit to the Museum of Cairo, the relics of Tutankhamun were all ours to study at length. The pyramids at Geeza also deserted.
If you have security issues and would like to visit, email Mohamed and be reassured that he is on the ground with a full understanding of exactly what is going on.
Hosni, our driver was excellent and always there for the next leg of the journey - driving in Cairo is not for the faint hearted, he was amazing among a constant chaos of horns and speeding madmen.
Cairo must be experienced once - this is the way to do it.
We thank you Mohamed for an incredible day that we'd both waited for, for many years.
You are a true professional and a gentleman.
Photo is of my wife and Mohamed.

Visited January 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

6 Thank charlietrash

46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Cant be better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

This people are very professional and kind.Me ,my wife and sister,since we arrived at the airport,never felt more safe and important to them.
Always a driver with a tour guide and Mr Mohamed always in contact to make sure that everything was ok.
Our tour guide yasse Favo speaks English,italian,spanish and portuguese.He has a wonderful heart and a deep knowledge about Alexandria and Cairo.
If u go to Egypt,please feel like home with these company.
I apprecciate and will never forget my trip

6 Thank Cainha13
Pune, India
“Egypt Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

I had planned this tour in December 2013. It was a memorable tour. Mr. Mohammed and his colleagues guided and helped us very well. Mr. Mohammed and his colleagues had a good knowledge of various temples that we had visited. The arrangements of hotels and food was amazing. The transport was very comfortable and punctual.
Wish we had some more time in Sharm el Sheikh.

Visited December 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

6 Thank Vipul S
Pune
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Thanks for a memorable tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I had planned a tour to Egypt with my wife, parents and younger brother. We got to know about Jana Day tours from a friend who already had traveled with them. So based on her recommendation we contacted Jana Day Tours and asked them to suggest an itinerary for us based on our interests.
Mr Mohamed was always very prompt with his responses over email. He answered all our queries whenever required.
Despite reports of unrest and other problems we remained in touch with Mr Mohamed and he assured us that the country is safe and we will not face any problems during our trip, and indeed we never faced any problems.
On arrival we were greeted by a representative from Jana Day Tours, he ensured we got our luggage and dropped us to the hotel.
All our accommodations were at nice places except for Sharm-el-Sheikh where the experience was not as great (for no fault of the Tour company) The cruise booked for us was the best and all my family members absolutely loved the Nile cruise experience.
Another great experience which we had was Desert Safari at White Desert, Mohamed arranged an overnight camp for my brother and I while my wife and parents were accommodated at a hotel in nearby Baharia Oasis. The entire camp setup was very nice and our Bedouin hosts were very gracious.
At Sharm el Sheikh, Mohamed also arranged scuba diving for us, as we were beginners he arranged an introductory session with a very professional company (Big Blue Dahab) we got a very nice instructor who tried to help my wife overcome her anxiety under water.
For all visits to monuments, we were guided by Mohamed (around Cairo) and Hossam (aswan, Kom Ombo, edfu and luxor) both are experts in the field of egyptology and explained the monuments in great detail.
Probably the only hiccups in our experience were a) they booked early morning flights for us which means we had to wake up between 4 and 5 in mornings to make it to the airport which became tiring especially for my old parents. b) We got very little time at Sharm due a change in cruise timings which we still regret.

Other than above we had a very nice experience with Mr Mohamed and his team and we would recommend them to our friends if/when they plan to visit Egypt.

Visited December 2013
6 Thank BlueBike2623
manama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Tour Egypt with Jana Tours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

In spite of all the political turmoil I decided to go ahead and make a trip to Cairo and Alexandria early in November. Read reviews from other travelers on tripadvisor and shortlisted three tour operators. Though I had got a quote cheaper than that of Jana tours, just chose them because I liked the way Mohamed Abaza responded quickly to my mail even on a holiday and made an itinerary that matched what I wished to see.
On reaching the airport a representative from the tour company escorted us to the hotel. I paid the complete tour fee on reaching the hotel. They had arranged for us the Nile Maxim dinner cruise and the next day.
Next day our guide Yasser, a jolly fellow joined us for our four day trip. He ensured there is not one dull moment throughout the four days with his non-stop talking. As the inbound tourists have reduced, he hints us to tip his poor countrymen or buy some trinkets them but his feelings are understandable. The only moment I felt a bit cheated was when the guide took us to a restaurant of his choice and did not interfere when the waiter charged us double the cost compared to a four star hotel.
The vehicle that they arranged was very comfortable and the driver was good too (only remind the driver to switch on the ac from time to time, as he must be trying to conserve some petrol). Overall the trip was good and I would recommend Jana tours as a tour operator for your trip to Egypt.

Visited November 2013