“The best guide Egypt or any other country for that matter has to offer!!”

Ayman Ahmed - Tour Guide
Ranked #27 of 271 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: It will be my great pleasure to tour with you our beloved country. Please feel free to contact me 24/7. What's app me 24 /7 on the mentioned number for inquiries and quick reply. All of the tours are customized to your interest.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“The best guide Egypt or any other country for that matter has to offer!!”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Our cruise was docked at Alexandria, we met Ayman at the entrance to the port, about 200 metres from where the ship was. By doing this, we got past all the other taxis/guides/tour buses etc... which meant that we just got on our transport and were quickly on our way. Ayman was very friendly and a cool guy. On the 3 hour drive to Cairo, he answered every single question we asked him, he pointed out things of interest and explained them to us. He told us how driving works in Egypt, so by doing this, we were not so scared :D The driver he hired Mohammed was amazing. Smooth drive all the way there and back, not one problem. He is a TOP CLASS driver, always concentrating, always looking ahead and behind him and everywhere at once. It is no suprise that he is Ayman's most preferred driver.
When we got to the Pyramids, Ayman picked up our tickets, and guided us through the process, which was quick and simple. We then went inside the great pyramid, where Ayman stood outside with our cameras (as they do not allow guides to go into the pyramids) and he took some amazing pictures of us going in and out. Ayman then took us to a viewing platform, where we took the usual touristy pictures of the pyramids. In my experience, the Pyramids were all that I had dreamed of and more. They are so big that it defies logic. Just to stand there and take it all in is an experience in itself. There is an old berber man, dressed in a blue robe, who will gladly pose for a picture with you. He was very nice and polite, and did not force himself on us for a picture, which is why we took one with him. Here, I also shopped for a couple of souvenirs, which were suprisingly cheap, and easy to haggle ( I don't know if Ayman had anything to do with this, but I think he did.) We then went to visit the Sphinx, Ayman once again informed us of everything, took pictures of us, showed us around the area etc...
We then had some lunch (KFC and Pizza Hut) which is opposite the pyramids, don't ask why, but I just had to eat there and watch the pyramids :D

For the second half of our day, due to the protests going on in Tahrir square, we decided to not visit the Cairo museum. (With regards to the protests, we found that our news channels, Sky news, bbc news tend to exaggerate the protests. They make it out to look like the whole of Egypt is going crazy, but outside of Tahrir square, Egypt carries on as it does every day. We were not even near any trouble or protester. Sky news said there were riots going on in Alexandria, and there was nothing at all going on there either!!!)

Instead of the museum, we visited the biggest mosque I have ever seen called Mohammed Ali Mosque (which is made of alabaster.) Again, Ayman took us inside, showed us around and explained what everything was. If you visit here, you must ask for a demonstration on how the acoustics inside the mosque work. It was class! After taking pictures here, and viewing the City of Cairo, we made our way back to the pyramids so we could watch the sound and light show. Ayman showed us the best seats in the whole arena, we were the first ones in. The show was jaw dropping. After this, we bought some last minute souvenirs, with Aymans help, and we went back to Alexandria.

On this cruise, we visited Rome, Athens, Izmir (Turkey) and Egypt. Ayman was the best out of all the guides we took. Forget booking through your ship, don't believe all they say. When we got back to the ship, we asked some friends we had met onboard how their ship tour of cairo had gone, and they were all disappointed. The guides were not good, they did not get as much time to do what they wanted, everything felt rushed. The opposite is to be said of our tour with Ayman.

He stopped to buy us drinks, he helped us to buy things at a good price, (most guides will take you to shops where they have pre-arranged comission deals,) Ayman did not. Infact, the reason why the prices were so low is because Ayman tells the shop owner that he will not accept a comission so that our prices can be even lower.

At all times we felt safe, cared for, and looked after properly. Ayman is a brilliant ambassador to his country, a fountain of knowledge, good photographer and a really cool guy. Cannot wait to revisit Egypt, and book him so that he can take me to the museum.

If anyone wants to ask me any questions, contact me through trip advisor.

Visited November 2011
egyptian_pharaoh, Owner at Ayman Ahmed - Tour Guide, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
It was my great pleasure to be of any help and to tour with you.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Ayman Ahmed is the best!”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Ayman Ahmed deserves all the praise I can muster. After reviewing several options we choose him to take us to pyramids, museums and other places of interest around Cairo. What a great choice! An extremely well-educated and refined guide, Ayman brings a wealth of information about the area's historic places (and modern as well). He also was invaluable in helping us change plans when we had a family emergency. As world travelers we see a top guide as a rare treasure. Ayman is such a treasure.

Visited December 2010
It was my great pleasure to be of any help and to tour with you.wish you all the best.
Manama, Bahrain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Don't visit Cairo without getting Ayman as your guide .. !”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We were two female travellers visiting Cairo in early July and Ayman was our guide for two days. We did Tour One, covering Memphis, Saqqara and the Pyramids of Giza and Tour Eight, which covered Coptic Cairo, the Egyptian Museum, Khan El Khalili and Mohammed Ali's mosque. We had a great two days, as Ayman is extremely knowledgeable and our experience would have not have been the same had it not been for him. Ayman was always on time picking us up in the mornings, and the car was very clean. He also never got tired with answering our many questions! He was also kind enough to take us to the Umm Kulthoum Museum on the first day when we had some time. I would highly recommend hiring Ayman as your guide, I will definitely be calling him next time I am in Cairo.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Noora122
egyptian_pharaoh, Owner at Ayman Ahmed - Tour Guide, responded to this review, 13 January 2013
It was a great pleasure meeting you and touring with you and hope I'll see you again over here.
Mooresville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ayman Ahmed is the best guide in Egypt.”
Reviewed 14 July 2011

My wife found Ayman through Tripadvisor.com and booked his services based on his many positive reviews and reasonable rates. His English was excellent and he was extremely knowledgeable about all things in his country of Egypt. He was very professional and we enjoyed conversation with him. We were with Ayman for 2 full days, the first of which included Memphis, Saqqara, and the Giza pyramids complete with camel rides through the desert. Day 2 included a visit to Coptic Cairo, the old market, and a felucca ride on the Nile with a traditional Egyptian lunch. 2 days it not enough time in Egypt. I view my photos from the trip often and can not believe how awesome the experience we had in Egypt! I want to return to Egypt one day and, we will definitely use Ayman’s services again! I consider Ayman a friend and recommend his services all the time.

Visited August 2010
2 Thank BillWillTravel
egyptian_pharaoh, Owner at Ayman Ahmed - Tour Guide, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
It was my great pleasure touring with you and your wife and it will be a great pleasure touring with all the Family again.
California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“You cannot go wrong with Ayman”
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We used Ayman while on our trip to Cairo in December 2009 and can't possibly say enough wonderful things about him. He really did make our trip special. I basically gave him ideas of things we wanted to see and he arranged them to get the most out of our days. He was extremely punctiual, very competent and full of wonderful information! He has a website -triple w dot egyptguide dot 4t dot com that lists the packages (although he is perfectly willing to mix and match to suit your tastes, etc) with prices, etc. In all honesty, he was worth every penny and, should we ever go back to Egypt we will be looking him up.

Visited December 2010