“very good !,”
Review of Miami Cairo Hostel

Miami Cairo Hostel
Ranked #13 of 135 Speciality Lodging in Cairo
Reviewed 30 July 2012

very kindly mohamed ^^ and good location !!
room & bath room very clean !!
wifi free ^^^^
good good good

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 26 July 2012

First up great location, clean place, good breakfast, nice people.

Couldn't fault it really. Got everything I needed, and expected. Helped with info, tours, tickets when required. Wi-Fi works and the tv is hooked up to enough channels that if you have time to watch TV you're not flicking through the classifieds.

Guys are always there to help, have a chat etc.

Would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Miami Cairo is a clean, bright and 'friendly' hostel located right in the center of downtown Cairo. The room prices are very reasonable and the quality of the room and facilities was great compared to what we experienced for a similar price, or more, elsewhere in Egypt. Airport pickup was also excellent.
However, we found the service a little overbearing at times and the staff seemed to swing from genuinely friendly, to salesman friendly to downright disinterested. There is pressure to book tours at the hostel - the only tour we did with them, booked under pressure the night we arrived at the hostel, wasn't great. My recommendation to Miami Cairo would be to raise the prices on the rooms a little, and chill out on the overbearing 'friendliness' and trying to sell tours and transport. Also, when you pay a deposit on hostelbookers/hostelworld it is supposed to count towards the overall cost of your room (gave up on trying to explain this and just paid the extra).

Room Tip: Ensuite room is often double booked, or seems to be used by the staff, so if you book this online, y...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Quiet, Clean shared bathroom, Soft bed, with Air condition. Most importantly, the staff in this hostel provide you warm smiles and thoughtful help. Super friendly and helpful, feel like my brothers. I have a very very happy experience in this hostel and i would definitely recommend it to all my friends that would like to visit Egypt.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Efficient airport pick-up and drop. We did not get an en-suite which we had asked for and had to use the shared toilets and showers which we were not informed about (partly our fault since we changed plans at the last minute). The rooms and the toilets were basic but well-maintained and clean.
Since we had already booked the rest of our trip, we wished we did not have to listen to them marketing their tours and services when we were not interested. The very friendly staff albeit pushy staff which did make us a little uncomfortable.

Overall suited for college students and backpackers - not so much for couples and families

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shankar S
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed at Miami Cairo Hostel on april, 2 nights. Moustafa and the rest of staff (sorry guys I'm bad for names....) are super friendly and helpful, they really made me feel at home. As I had just one day for visitng Cairo, they arranged for me a tour that was perfect. The room was clean and noisless, even though you are in the heart of Cairo. So definitely the place to stay were in Cairo.
Daniel, Argentina

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I was unfortunately sick the whole time I was in Cairo with a respiratory infection, but the staff were very kind and helpful. The hostel was clean and homey, and the beds comfortable. The bathrooms were basic but very clean. Conveniently located. On my checkout day, I asked to book another night so I could sleep in in the afternoon until my flight, but when I came to pay they refused to take my money for the extra night, and made me a free cup of tea and helped me check in online and print my boarding card.

Being sick and far from home is never nice, but it could have been much worse - many thanks to Mohammed and fellow staff for taking care of me. I will definitely stay here again when I try visiting Cairo again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo