“Miss Esadora 2”

Travel2cairo Nile Dinner Cruise
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We have just returned from a week cruising the Nile from Luxor to Aswan and back, we were aboard the Miss Esadora 2 and have to say we were very impressed, The food was excellent and varied, cooked fresh and with Chefs cooking selected dishes. The Cabins were compact but had everything required and sliding windows to view out from. The sundeck was good with enough sunbeds and plenty of shade if you needed it. The Lounge was nicely fitted out with a dance floor and viewing saloon at the front. The only minus point is if you are All Inclusive they have a tendency to treat you like a leper and concentrate on the paying guests when your at the bars, we complained and they did change for an hour or two but slipped back into their bad ways after that.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We went last year same timing (October 2012) me and my husband on board of a 7-days' cruise (Steinberger) operated by travco (travcotels).
The experience itself is amazing, Luxor is an interesting city to tour and Aswan is spectacular!
The staff on board of the cruise were very welcoming, especially Mr.Hamdy in the front desk did everything he can do to help us throughout our stay. Thanks!

The only bothering part of my trip is MY BOOKING THROUGH TRAVOTELS OR TRAVCO TOURS!
I was communicated by the reservations' manager and the reservations' representative the accomodation price and I was informed that I will need to pay an extra amount for the sightseeing package which is calculated as a daily rate, as the itinerary sent to me via e-mail had a sight seeing package everyday (for the 7 days).
What actually happened is that the itinerary was mixed up completely, and I was being informed regarding my trips each day on the night before, and I found out that instead of a 7 days of sight seeing they became 4 while we paid for the price of 7!!!

What annoyed us even more, is that during our trip we communicated this to the staff and to the reservation department by e-mail and their response was strange! we make you pay for sightseeing everyday, but you don't have sightseeing everyday!
Although:
1- During my telephone conversations with them I was informed that the sightseeing package has an extra which should be paid for each day, and was supported by an itinerary I received following my many back and forth conversations during my booking.
2- I was informed by the reservation agent that the visits I'm going to miss on my first day (paid for) as I'll be checking-in late due to my flight schedule, will be compensated on my way back, which turned out to be totally wrong, as there was no scheduled visits on thursay from the very first beginning!
3- I have scheduled important Telephone calls with my office based on my availabilities which was actually based on my convenience during the trip and on this itinerary, and what happened is that knowing my itinerary each day with no committment to the below itinerary messed up completely my scheduled work plans during this week.
4- I didn't actually agree to shift visits as per their convenience, because the itinerary I received is the one I accepted.
This 'new' itinerary have left a lot of free time on board which didn't actually fit me, because we were stuck most of the time with a loose schedule and nothing to do. And based on my tight schedule which I clearly mentioned in my two calls with the reservation dep before talking to the reservation manager, I would have appreciated if I was communicated clearly that this is THE SAME itinerary for the 4-days cruise which I was considering and was significantly lower-priced, although I have asked this a couple of times.

Due to the reasons mentioned above, I was totally unhappy with my trip, and I would preferred if I had clear communication and implementation to the itinerary, and sent them a couple of e-mails that I would like to file a complaint to the customer satisfaction manager/ department in the country, or the region if necessary, and with no surprises, my concerns were totally IGNORED!

My advise, DON'T USE THEM... Completely unprofessional...

5  Thank Haidy_Z
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Fabulous and worh while. We enjoyes it thoroughly. Superb food and the live entertainment was excellent. I'd recommend it to everyone visiting Egypt.

3  Thank Dsmiff
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Awful, they accepted reservations even though several of the towns had been flooded on the Danube River, billed as a "Romantic" cruise, laughable. So romantic it almost caused a divorce for myself and husband who booked this disaster. They forced passengers to switch ships mid-cruise without notice, (10 hours) food was awful. I just hope you'll be wise and research this extensively before booking. The customer service was non-existent. I have traveled on many cruise lines, Silver Seas gets it right, as do many others. Viking was supposed to be in the same league, but obviously the critics were paid off. I'm unfortunately stuck on the ship as I write this, in hopes of saving even one poor passenger. It's very costly for me to take a vacation, and this was a huge sacrifice both financially and professionally. I might also mention if you're under the age of 65, don't even think about this cruise line, I'm mid-40's and 20 years younger than any other passenger. No gym, no pool, sauna etc...and they play elevator music from speakers directly outside your stateroom. Simply put, all things bad for a vacation!

4  Thank lodgingproreview
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stay on the Nile Elite crusie ship for 7 nights. Avery nice ship although a bit tired
the trip down the nile was great and we will be going back next year.
The staff were great and really looked after us We booked our trip out there with the onboard rep as this was cheaper than booking in the UK and we could chose which trips to do and not take the whole package.
The one downside was they wanted the crews tips up front on the 1st night Our group refused and after a while it was agreed we could tip at the end of the crusie

1  Thank michael w