“Amazing experience”

Fee: Yes
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have to say at first I was reluctant to book with a company I'd never heard of rather than one of the more established ones, especially with all the troubles occurring in Egypt. My mind was eased with all my e-mails and questions being answered swiftly and honestly by Amir who I got to meet later on the tour.
As soon as I arrived at Cairo airport very early in the morning, both a driver and a representative who could speak perfect English were waiting for me as soon as I stepped into the arrivals area. She explained the whole tour and itinarary. In fact whenever I travelled to a different location, a representative was always there waiting. This was a particular relief, as there was no need to fend off the mass of people offering me tours, taxis etc.
The hotel they took me to was not 5 star, but it did have all that is needed for a comfortable short stay. Free wi-fi, a bar and restaurant and in a quiet street.
The next day my driver and tour guide again arrived dead on time and took me to the pyramids sphinx etc. The guide was friendly and knew the main facts and stories behind them. Her accent was a little bit hard to follow at times, but she was happy to explain further and clarify. At first all the history was difficult to understand, but further on in the tour it becomes clearer.
The tour does not include any of the entrance fees or tips which can add up. Habibitours does make this perfectly clear, so please don't be surprised when you need to pay out at all of the sites. Most of the sites had increased their entrance fees recently too, and there are always unofficial 'guides' that wish to be tipped for unsolicited information or photographs.
At the pyramids the tour guide stopped at stables for me to hire a horse or camel. This is needed, but don't be afraid to haggle. They asked for E£250 at first, I managed E£180. It's better to tip your guide at the end, than listen to the sob stories and protestations of the owners.
The day was shorter than expected, but this was a relief as the first day had a lot to take in.
The second day was similar with a guide and driver taking me to Egyptian museum and citadel. This was a longer day and a guide that was better than the first day and I gained a lot of knowledge from her. They did add what seems to be an obligatory stop at a perfume shop for 'refreshment'. I made it clear I wasn't going to buy and they didn't try as much as I had expected. If you are going to buy anything in Egypt, at the very least get it less than half the starting price, and it is very usual that they start at 4 times what they would accept.
The next day the trip into the desert was my highlight. It was a long bus journey, and then another long journey in a jeep, but if they buddy you up with a great fellow traveller as they did me, the time passes away quickly. Being in the desert wilderness was an amazing experience and thoroughly recommended.
When I returned, this is when the trouble in Cairo had started. Amir the manager I mentioned earlier came to meet us at the bus station personally and ensured we got to safety. Despite being slightly uneasy, they really did make us feel safe. We watched from a hostel balcony the tanks come out on to the street and enforce the curfew. At no point did we feel unsafe. Amir went out personally to buy us food. Although our train was cancelled, we paid the difference to fly to Aswan and again a guide was waiting to show us the sights.
I then paid the extra to go on the Nile cruise. Although it isn't Westerners standard of 5* it was worth the extra. There were very few people travelling due to the troubles, the ship must have been only a quarter capacity, but those people on there were friendly and it made a nice atmosphere. Our guide here was a little more annoying and at times slightly sleazy, but if you took him with a pinch of salt he was bearable.
Luxor and the valley of the Kings and Queens finally put all the information and facts that had been given into perspective and made all the history more understandable. The tombs were really well preserved inside and another highlight. I then flew back to Cairo were Amir and Emily (the rep) looked after us again before my flight back to London.
So to sum up:
Very friendly drivers and guide who will answer all your questions including the political state.
Plus points:
Comfortable hotels
Always punctual.
Never felt unsafe despite the problems
Booking a tour saves you from the scams and hassle of organising yourself
Negative points:
Entrance fees - not included. It is made perfectly clear, but they do add up and have increased
Tipping - very annoying, especially if you don't have change and you have no idea what to tip. It is a poor country and they do need them, but don't pay too much out they do add up by the end..especially the unsolicited ones.
Scams - I got scammed once with a horse and carriage ride. (Not with habibitours). Be firm, double check everything to do with the price, including the currency they tried to scam me with 'Nubian pounds' which don't exist.
Hassle: not as much as expected, but still annoying. Remember at least to get less than half the starting price and you can get a quarter if your good at bargaining. They will never sell at less than cost price despite all their tactics.
All in all though a very good bargain tour. Don't expect luxury, but do expect a well organised and safe adventure.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Rumbo123

Quito, Ecuador
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“I travelled by myself and Habbibitour took care of me in Egypt.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I am a female traveller who was searching for a good and safe way to travel through Egypt, a fascinating country and culture. After searching a lot of tours, fortunate I came across with Habibitours. It caught my eye because it offered a great variety of tours not only in Cairo, Luxor and Aswam but went farther to Dahab, Blue Hole, Sinai and Petra. Its flexibility with the tours made me also decide for it because I could start any day of the week. I immediately contacted the agency and the reply was immediate which was different from other agencies. Amir was very patient with all my questions until everything was clear. He did a very good job. He was very concerned about my needs and my safety as I was traveling by myself; he took care of me along the entire trip. The arrangements were very organized with timely pickups and drops. The guides and drives were very responsible, friendly and helpful (Mahmod, Rasha, Solo among others I don´t remember their names). Habibitours made my experience in Egypt very safe and pleasant from the beginning to the end. I felt protected all the time, Amir and his staff were always keeping an eye on me, very attentive to my needs and eager to help me. I highly recommend Habibitours especially if you are traveling by yourself.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Moni952
Delhi
“Salaam Habibi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

We were a group of four who toured Egypt in the last week of June2013. We took the Cairo-Suez-Sharm el shaikh tour for 8 days. At the outset I was happy interacting with Mr Amir of Habibi Tours. He was prompt and quick to respond to any query we had. Mr Mohd welcomed us at the Airport and the Tour guides who were along were very friendly and informative. We stayed in the King Hotel. Its located centrally in Cairo and lot of places are walk-able or takes ten min by a local meter taxi. Our tour to Pyramids, camel ride, dinner on the nile cruise were all very well organised. We been to Sharm el sheikh via Suez and the drive over Sinai was fabulous. We stayed at Tropicana Rosetta and again the standard of the Hotel and staff was very Good. Our tour guide Mr Solo helped in making our stay very comfortable. Our day at the Ras mohd Coral Park was just amazing. The beautiful ocean world was mesmerizing and the quad bike ride in the Sinai desert was adventurous.
We had a great trip in Egypt. Our tour guides, Hotels, Road transfers and itinerary were very well organised and comfortable. We owe our happiness to Habibi Tours, Mr Amir especially. He has been kind from the first day and also provided a private vehicle for land transfer from Cairo to Sharml el sheikh.
I recommend Habibi Tour for all families, friends, couples and groups. They are very professional, reliable and helpful. And also, you would not get a better package at the price they quote. So Salaam Habibi for the great memories we have of Egypt and look forward for another trip again.

Visited June 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“It's always nice to be taken good care of :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

My boyfriend and I travelled to Egypt back in April and we were more than pleased with Habibi Tours' services. We met them through a friend of mine, who in turn, had met them through another friend who had also taken tours with them. Of course, they all recommended their services, so we went straight to them.
Amir answered all of our questions in a promptly manner, which is very much appreciated when you're planning a trip to a place you don't know. I must admit that I was a bit uneasy before going to Egypt, especially because of everything you see in the news, but it all turned out excellently well as soon as our plane landed at Cairo. A representative and a driver were there to pick us up, even though we arrived at 1:30 in the morning.
We had private guides and drivers for pretty much our entire stay in Egypt (Alexandria, Cairo, Luxor). We only had to share one tour with another couple in Luxor, which also turned out great. We had excellent guides (we loved Mervat!) and Mahmoud (I hope I spelled that right!), our driver for the first few days, was the best. The fact that it was just the two of us was great because the guides and drivers would always ask us how we would like to go about the activities planned for the day and where and what we would like to eat. They would also help us to exchange money, and they couldn't be more honest about it (as a tourist, anywhere in the world, you always need to keep an eye out for those who want to take advantage of you, but that was definitely not the case with Habibi Tours).
As for the accomodation, we got to stay at a very simple hostel for a night and a couple of afternoons that were not included in what we had paid for, free of charge!, so we really appreciated that. The hotels included in the tour were 3* hotels that also had restaurants, so we usually had dinner there. We were travelling on a budget and were quite satisfied with the accomodation.
The fact that the people at Habibi Tours are always with you and help you with anything you need is definitely a plus, especially when you don't speak the language and don't know how to go around in a culture that is so different to yours. Mind you, they are always with you to help you and to make sure you have the best experience possible. They are not there to protect you against any trouble -- if that were the reason, it would really not be necessary. Many people are worried about safety but we must admit that we felt absolutely safe all the time. We didn't see any trouble anywhere -- just a small demonstration on the road between Alexandria and Cairo which wasn't any different from any demonstration you can find anywhere else. In fact, a friend of mine travelled right during the revolution a couple of years ago and she had a great time anyway. The media always exaggerates and never shows the whole picture... People in Egypt are very hospitable and friendly!
We learned loads about Egypt during our trip and will not hesitate to recommed Habibi Tours to anyone who is travelling to this amazing country! THANK YOU!

Visited April 2013
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Tour of Egypt arranged by HabibiTours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I would like to say that this was the most memorable tour of my life due to the fact that me and my wife were on honeymoon and thanks to habibitours, they made special. We were stunt by their hospitality and exquisite arrangement. Tour manager Amir was very hospitable and did more than expected to make us comfortable. He exchanged money for us from time to time, arranged free meals, even gave a free SIM card and gave concessions to our tour additions. The arrangements were superb with timely pickups and drops, good accommodation and nice/friendly guides and drivers. We were specially very happy with the Nile Cruise arrangement as we were accommodated in a deluxe suit which was awesome. All in all it was a perfectly organized trip and i'm touched by Egyptian hospitality thanks to Amir and Habibitours.

Visited June 2013