“amazing”

Ranked #2 of 52 Cairo B&B and Inns
Beni Suef, Egypt
“amazing”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

very nice and clean hotel and the staff were very helpful and informative and the hotel is close to all what you need, sometimes i had to stay out late so i appreciated a lot the 24 hours reception i enjoyed staying there and definitely recommend it

Room Tip: 404 has a very good wifi signal
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank pop300

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Milano
Reviewed 1 September 2012

My hotel is nice, cheap and clean, but..
Seems more an house than an hotel. Beds are not really comfortable, even if they are new. A/C too close to the beds and without direct control. Elevator does not work, but in all Cairo it goes that way.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Daniela221
myhotelcairo, Manager at My Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Thank you for your review. We are happy to announce the elevator has been fixed. We apologize your A/C remote was not found in the room, they are available.
København, Danmark
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I was in Cairo for 14 days doing some interviews for my MA. I stayed at My Hotel throughout the period and can recommend it warmly. The rooms are nice and clean and can be locked so no one will enter when you're away during the day. There's AC and WiFi included which I used freakishly much all through the two weeks (35-40 degrees Celsius is brutal!). There's a nice common room with a cable TV. I didn't use it much as I preferred the privacy of my room when working and stressing off but it was definitely nice.
The staff is very friendly and 2 out of the 3 people speak excellent English (one was a native English speaker, it seemed). The third spoke well enough English to be helpful, so there were no problems.
Only issue, I found, was the late breakfast. 8:30 is late, I think, but it was nice to have breakfast at the hotel as I was there during the Ramadan. The breakfast itself is scarce. A piece of bread, some jam and some cheese. But there was free tea and coffee and I think Egyptian breakfast is just generally light.
The hotel is really central - just across the street from the Egyptian Museum (watch out for all the tricksters saying they work at the museum) and Tahrir Square. There's metro right by the square and taxis are abundant. There are also several places to buy water, sodas and fastfood (both local and McDonald's, KFC, Pizza Hut) and a short walk/taxi trip away, across the bridge is Zamalek with nice restaurants and cozy (for Cairo, at least) streets and shops. It's also really easy to direct a taxi driver to the hotel as every one know where Tahrir Square is.
When I was there the elevator was broken. The hotel is on the 4th floor so there's a bit of a climb. I doubt they'll fix it any time soon but the climb is worth it, I think.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank NicklasMeiner
myhotelcairo, Manager at My Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and pleased to report that the elevator has been fixed.
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Hostel is on fourth or fifth floor of a building without a working elevator at the time. There is not proper bathroom door and the breakfast was just a piece of Egyptian flat round bread with a wedge of soft cheese and a packet of jam. WIFI was good; so was the air con; and you can see the Egyptian Museum across Tahrir Square from your room. I am just comparing it to Wake Up Cairo where I spent many nights before. It was Ramadan and the store hours were off schedule off Sadat Metro.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank CafeConCarlos
myhotelcairo, Manager at My Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Thank you for your review. The elevator has been fixed since your stay. We have also begun to offer an Egyptian breakfast including beans and falafal on request.
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 3 August 2012

it's a nice small hostel where we felt like home, quite and clean helpful staff very informative, the manager Dia organized our tours around Egypt which was awesome and special thanks to Ahmed who picked us up from the airport and waited for us for more than one hour as our flight was delayed and we didn't get to inform the hostel. I totally recommend this place

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank henery m
danville, CA
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I can't imagine having had more help during our stay in Cairo. Our flight and bags were delayed but the hotel sent a taxi driver who waited patiently for us (at 3 am!) with a great car. Dia recieved us warmly upon our arrival and was happy to accommodate a few requests right away. After serving us a delicious Egyptian breakfast (falafels, pita, beans, greens and tea!) in the bright and airy common room, Dia then spent the rest of the day calling the airport for us to check on our bags. He used his personal cell phone as well as the land line to try all the numbers they gave us and translated the news while he encouraged us to roam the city.

He gave us directions to everywhere we wanted to go and advice. Dia will arrange the BEST priced tours and taxis for you, and will give you the insider's tips on anything you do while you are here. This is a great place to land and plan the rest of your journey with their advice and wifi.

The hostel itself is on the 4th floor of a cool old building right across from the museum and a 1 minute walk to the metro and Tahir Sq. We felt so safe and slept so well here. Rooms are simple and shared bathrooms are in a line in the hall and we never had to wait to use. Wifi is fast and free, tea and coffee as you wish, a nice TV and 2 sitting rooms and balconies will make your Cairo stay more than pleasant. Thanks to Dia's kindness and the niceness of this new hostel you really will feel so at home while you are at My Hotel! Book now and enjoy this great city!

Room Tip: do email the hotel before arrival with any requests, they will respond promptly
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank arikali
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 May 2012

A great value budget hotel only a stones throw away from Tahrir square. The hotel has lots of character and the price is excellent. The owner Diaa is very hospitable, and is a great source of information about the city Overall, a good budget choice in Cairo.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple