“Fantastic buttery and sticky sweets”
Review of El Abd Pastry

El Abd Pastry
Ranked #1 of 22 Dessert in Cairo
San Francisco, California
“Fantastic buttery and sticky sweets”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I was going to GAD (13, 26th of July St) for dinner when I walked past this bakery on Tallat Harb that had a line snaking around the street corner. On the way back from GAD, I joined the crowd in the store to survey the hugh selection of sweets that were sold by weight and by pre-packed package. I bought one piece each from 2 dozen varieties of cookie and sticky sweets. Let me qualify by saying that I don't have a sweet tooth and I don't eat sweets often in America, hence I found the cookies and sweets in Egypt exceptionally sweet and buttery. Don't get me wrong, they are delicious and I will be back again to stand in line when I am in Cairo for New Year. NOTE: I had sampled other popular bakeries on Talaat Harb. El Abd has the longest line and is definitely the best, in my opinion.

Visited April 2012