“Best holiday EVER!!!”

Moustafa Egypt Tours-Day Tours
Ranked #35 of 272 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Owner description: Salam Alikom my lovely travellers. I am an English speaking tour guide and Egyptologist and I am the owner of Moustafa Egypt Tours. We have been organising tours all over Egypt since 2000. I love Egypt and can only tell you what is in my heart and share with you my love for this great land and its people. No matter how often you visit, there is always something new to see and discover. I don't know why this is, it's just the way things are in Egypt. As you drive through some of the busiest streets of Cairo towards Giza, you are surrounded on all sides by honking, bumper-to-bumper traffic, then suddenly without warning you see the Pyramids right before your eyes and you not only know where you are, you feel it too. It is the contrast between the old and new and the ease with which Egyptians bridge the gap that I find most amazing.We offer tours all over Egypt ... we also offer tailor made tours for Egypt.Welcome to Egypt, or in Arabic.... Ahllan fi Misr
London, United Kingdom
“Best holiday EVER!!!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I always dreamed that one day I would visit Egypt, however with the present political upheaval I was worried. But I didn't have to! Egypt was everything I could hope for! I saw the pyramids and mummies, and Moustafa was so great at taking care of us. We had the best food - and I really can't wait until I return. Thank you sooo much Moustafa for everything :)

Visited September 2013
Tour Guide M, Owner at Moustafa Egypt Tours-Day Tours, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you very much for your review, I am waiting for you to come and visit us for a longer period of time.I was so happy to be your guide, and i look forward to your next visit !! ... Thanks again

Thessaloniki, Greece
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice time in Cairo with Moustafa Egypt Tours”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I really had a nice time in Cairo with Egypt tour, led by Moustafa. Although I stayed only few hours there, the company provided a good sample of Egypt. We went to the Museum of Egyptian Antiquities, a papyrus factory, restaurant, pyramids (outside and inside), sphinx, perfume/glass factory and jewelry shop. These activities were previously arranged, so I knew the cool things I'd do in advance.

I could learn a bit more about Egypt by talking with Moustafa. He told me a bit of the recent Egyptian History and gave me tips to avoid problems in pyramids. He also tried to find student entry fees and invited me to drink native sugarcane, which is as tasty as the Brazilian one =P.

Furthermore, Moustafa suggested some options of restaurants. The one chose gave me the first sight from the pyramids, beyond the opportunity to taste some typical dishes.

I guess the trip was better than expected and I hope I can return with more time to this country.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Newton_Brazil
Tour Guide M, Owner at Moustafa Egypt Tours-Day Tours, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Sydney, Australia
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Enthusiastic”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

There are plenty of options for touring the Pyramids, but we chose an individual guide, Moustafa ($110pp) which is a little expensive compared to the organised tours like Viator but we felt that we could achieve more in the limited time available … we managed to cover Memphis, Sakkara, Dashur and Giza during the day. We also included trips to the Carpet schools. Papyrus and Perfume/glass maker factory. Clearly the guide would get some form of commission on anything you buy, but there was no real pressure to buy and the tours were interesting. You will probably find it difficult to leave the perfume factory without buying something! At each stop they will give you free soft drinks which are really welcome if it’s hot outside.

Moustafa is definitely full of enthusiasm for his subject - perhaps a little too enthusiastic as it's difficult to assimilate everything that he is telling you.

In summary:
Positive: enthusiasm and knowledgeable. On time, reliable- he delivers what he promises.

Improvement opportunities – needs to simplify a complex subject. A pictorial timeline with the various kings, events etc would help. Water in the bus. Needs to be more clear about the additional costs such as entry fees – either include them or spell them out in more detail at the time of booking. Additional activities such as camel rides should also be specified in advance.

Also, he needed to tell us at the time of booking that he wanted payment in US$. This was not made clear and caused a little concern when we paid in LE currency, since it is evident that people are looking for foreign currency.

Visited May 2013
5 Thank Aussie47
Thank you very much for your review, I would now like to Highlight on the following:

Let me start by saying that Egypt is the cradle of civilizations, and it is so difficult to assimilate Egypt’s history and its secrets. As i am sure you very well know, Egypt has a massive amount of history. So my job is and will always be to aim to make it as easy as possible for you to learn and understand.
I have Emailed you on 20th April Telling you what the tour includes and excludes (It does appear that you did read that Email. Or it could suggest that you have forgotten because you have emailed me after you have received that email !). I have said (Entrance fees is exclude) and you did Confirmed that.

Also I am really surprised by your review as it was very clear in Email about your payment in US$. By the way you are the one who asked me if the payment was in dollars or Egyptian. I answered you in usd PLEASE.
And finally about the water (I have bought you FREE bottle of water free, only you have had two free bottles not anymore.)
I look forward to your next visit !! :) ... Thanks again
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Once again a Wonderful tour”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I recently went back to Egypt for a second visit, again I used Moustafa and find it very difficult to add anything that I didn't say the first time, again you gave me an excellent service. You helped me tailor make my trips this time and I found your professional approach a pleasure. Eleven out of ten for your great company. My friends who visited and used you last year agreed you were a perfect host for the day... Thank you once again... Salam

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Claire261
Thank you for your wonderful comment and i am so glad that you had a great time in Egypt the cradle of civilization and i look forward to your third visit :) ..
Managua, Nicaragua
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thank you Moustafa Egypt Tours”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Moustafa made me feel like home even if I was far, it was amazing how he makes history come alive with his words he`s a friend and a very fun person to have as a guide, it was a wonderful experience which can`t be the last!

See you soon