“Fantastic experience”

InterContinental Cairo Semiramis
Ranked #12 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at Intercontinental Cairo Semiramis from 14th Nov to 17th Nov. It was a fantastic experience. The Reception Staff Mr.Abdul Rehman was very kind and so were other staff. There was only one deficiency which I noticed was the non extension of Wifi in rooms. I had to come to the reception everytime to get connected. Otherwise, the experience was awesome, location very convenient and staff very friendly. Would recommend for others definitely.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,498)

Reviewed 12 November 2013

To me, this has to be Cairo's best hotel!! Truly Intercontinental style... Great ambience, professional staff, bigger than life rooms and luxury at its best... The food was also simply superb and the lebanese restaurant takes all the points... Next time in Cairo, will be there fore sure

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
ICSemiramisStaff, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear CHRISTIAN C,

I would like to thank you for your review. It is a pleasure reading that you and your friends enjoyed the service, food and hotel location. Your nice comment on our Lebanese restaurant is much appreicated.

Looking forward to welcome you and your friends back to the Semiramis InterContinental hotel in the near future.

Sherif Abourida

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I was at this hotel last week. Although my room was paid in full the day before I checked out, the staff could not find any record of this the following morning. I was told I could not leave the hotel until the matter was resolved. I was effectively under open arrest. With the time to my flight departure counting down I told the hotel I could delay my departure no longer. I was told again, "you cannot leave the hotel". Eventually a red faced clerk appeared and I was told in fact my room was paid (as I had been telling them for the last 40 minutes) and I left for the airport. I only just made my flight.
I was disgusted by the intransigent "Mubarakesque" attitude and the unhelpful arrogance of the staff. I was treated like a criminal for 40 minutes. I have since advised the company I work for not to use this hotel ever again. It compromises the safety of anyone staying there if they are treated in this way.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank victortwoone
ICSemiramisStaff, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Dear victortwoone,

I wish to thank you for posting your review of your stay. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your checkout experience; what happened to you of excessive delay during check out and staff attitude was totally against our standards and level of service.
Hotel Management is keen to investigate incident's circumstances in case of the availability of stay confirmation number.

Again, I thank you for bringing the matter to my attention to be able to correct it and to ensure its non-recurrence in the future.

Sherif Abourida,

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel last month for the weekend. My check-in took 35 minutes but that's fine considering that we took a free room upgrade to a Nile view room and we took an early check-in and late check-out.... Also on day 2 the pool was closed because a wedding was planned at the pool, so the hotel arranged for a limo to drive us to another 5 Stars hotel to use their pool and return whenever we want. Overall a great experience with great food, great service and more than great rooms and view. I also would like to add that Birdcage restaurant in the hotel is amazing with some fine sushi and Thai food.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

As good as any in the IHG chain with an excellent location on the Nile within walking distance of some major attractions. The only problem I've found is being barged out of the way by over-zealous bodyguards escorting their clients around the hotel. Good food in restaurants and friendly staff. Nice terrace bar/cafe.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Russell H,

Thank you very much for posting your review of your Feb-stay. Your comment on service, food and location is much appreciated.

At the same time, I am really sorry that you felt being barged out by a private bodayguard of another guest.

Looking forward for the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Sherif Abourida

Reviewed 31 October 2013

The staff are very high quality and extremely welcoming. In particular, I developed a cold from travel and the room service waiter used his own initiative, unasked, to return with a home-made hot lemon drink with honey, which certainly saved me from developing flu.
The view is spectacular over the Nile and the island. Yes there is the sound of traffic and the boat parties, but you do not come to Cairo for 'total silence' anyway. Other reviewers who mention the breakfast are right -- it is fulsome and very good by international hotel standards. The hotel is very close to the museum of Egypt, embassies, and government offices and should be considered. Current international media images of Cairo are misleading: everywhere you go people are full of greetings and warm welcome.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Hotel with Quality

hotel with amazing location near to Tahrir Squire and to Cairo city center and Cairo museum.

rooms are huge and very clean with nice city view

Breakfast is like a party in that hotel expensive but worth it

service and people is very good

They have the best lady saloon ever

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo