“Not Bad, Not Good Either !”

Novotel Cairo Airport
Ranked #29 of 144 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I'm currently on a 3 days business trip, and this is my first night inside the mentioned Hotel
I don't really like the place, I'm going to write my preview as point to make easy to follow ...

(A) Positive Points:
- despite I haven't used the Swimming Pool but it seem clean
- GYM is ok
- Food diversity isn't enough nevertheless the Quality is very acceptable actually, waiters are helpful here as well
- The room is clean
(B) points the require improvement:
- when first I entered my room (455) the AC wasn't working, I informed the cleaning guy, and left on a hurry to attend a meeting, after 5 hours I returned to my room and the AC was still not working!, I complained at the welcome desk and they sent a technician Finally, he asked me to keep the AC working all the time even when outside the room!
- Food diversity is very poor as mentioned before
- it feels like sleeping in the street, you can hear everything outside your door in the corridor, anyone joking to speaking loudly doors closing and people dragging bags etc.
- The toilet wasn't 100% clean, I had to flush it first!
the bathroom has clean towels, Shower Gel & Bath Gel and that's it! no Soap and that is a first!
- Small Plazma Screen
- TV remote Control isn't working, I HATED that

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Hassan M, Manager at Novotel Cairo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear Valuable Guest

We are glad to know that you've enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you enjoyed our food quality and GYM. Regarding your concerns, please note that it has been taken into consideration by concerned departments . We apologize for any inconvenience that might have happened.

Stay connected with us via our Facebook Fan Page: Novotel cairo Airport

We look forward to welcoming you back soon .

Best Regards.

Hassan Moustafa

Write a ReviewReviews (1,311)

Reviewed 15 August 2014

While relatively well located near the Cairo airport (even though not walking distance). Food is mediocre at best and served by grumpy staff. Prices on the other hand are a joke. More than 200 dollars per night, without breakfast. Also the limousine service overcharges. They want 55 dollars for a trip that even airport limos only take 25 for. A sad hotel with absolutely no flair. Avoid

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Karim R

Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We regret to know that you had an unpleasant experience in your last stay.
for your next visit check out our hotdeals and special offer on Novotel.com

Please be informed that the hotel designed a dedicated hotline 888 for any enquiries during your stay

Looking forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 10 August 2014

the check-in was horrible....only one person for all guests and behaving very rude as if we are a load for the hotel>>>it took 2 hours to get the room. the minibar was not working and the room was small>>>however clean and average size. the bathroom is outdated and not suitable for 4 stars hotel. the food was average and the pool was good

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Hassan M, General Manager at Novotel Cairo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Cairo Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Please note that this problem was an exception to our normal practices

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

They do not answe the reservation phone number on the website. I have obtained another alternative number but the quality of sound for the welcome voice message quality is too poor in addition that it is too fast and when I tried to hear the french version to find reservation ext# which seems inconvenient for a phone menu service it has been cut then rerouted to operator after less than one minute who is leaving the phone ringing and does not reply at all. This applies for mobile phone and land line.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AMR O

Dear Valuable Guest

We would like to express our sincerest apologies for not being able to contact our hotel due to a technical reason.

e-mail: h0502@accor.com

We appreciate your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Hassan M, General Manager at Novotel Cairo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed at the Novotel Cairo airport for one night to catch my flight in the early morning. Hotel amenities was great, room was clean and tidy however it's old furnished. The reception, cafe and garden areas were cool also. I took the shuttle bus in the morning to the airport terminal where the shuttle bus was very friendly and guided you all over the way. My only concern was the buffet breakfast which was not good at all with limited varieties.

Stayed: May 2014

Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Novotel Cairo Airport.
We very much appreciate your positive comments and recommending our hotel services.

your comments concerning the buffet breakfast will be taken into consideration

We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The position of this place is the best thing if you have to take a plane in early morning.
But the price for me is quite expensive looking to the services... ok, there's a swimming pool, a garden and a gym.
But the water in the shower of my room was warm, the air conditioning noisy and i didn't enjoyed the dinner: self service, but the dishes were explained in arabic (in an international hotel near the airport!) and the taste were not so pleasant.
Wifi free and free shuttle bus to the airport every 30 minutes.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business