We stayed there for three nights in Oct 11. Had a river-facing king-size bedroom that had a great view down the Nile, but actually overlooked the main road bridge with all the chaos of Cairo traffic. Food is good if not exceptional, and expensive for Egypt, but there is lots of choice of restaurants. Service helpful; - arrnaged our tour to Memphis and Saqqara with no problem. Internet is expensive - why? when you get free internet at hotels costing half the price.
A tip - try dining one evening at the riverboat moored directly opposite to the hotel - they have different cuisines on each floor, but take the lift to the top deck, which is open-air (in good weather!) and enjoy brilliant Egyptian food, excellent service and follow it with a Sheeshah water pipe - really good value and a pleasant way to watch the evening boat traffic on the Nile
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among the premier Cairo, Egypt, hotels, Marriott Cairo Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, in the Zamalek area, is the perfect destination for weekend getaways, vacations and business travel. The twin towers of this landmark hotel rise 20 stories high and provide magnificent views of the Nile and six acres of palace gardens. Dear valued guest, Please excuse us as we are closing our swimming pool for renovation to enhance our facilities and make your stay always more brilliant. closure will be from 08th of October 2016 till end of June 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairo Marriott Hotel And Omar Khayyam Casino
- Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Cairo
- Marriott Cairo