What really separates this hotel from the other luxury hotels in Cairo is the garden surrounded by the rooms. It contains a very large outdoor cafe and restaurant, a very large and beautiful pool, manicured lawns and landscaping, and a huge quiet expanse compared to all the bustle outside the hotel's walls.
The rooms are standard Marriott, perhaps even better. They are large, have balconies (my room overlooked the Nile), and are well furnished. The beds are very comfortable, the easy chair and ottoman are decent, and the desk and chair are functional for work, but nothing more. The flat screen TV is good, with a very good selection of international channels, but not much from the US. It has the usual amenities such as a safe, iron and board, fridge with mini bar and snacks, two closets, and lots of drawers. It has more storage space than most hotels, good for an extended stay.
The hotel has a wealth of shops including two banks, multiple craft and jewelry shops, clothing stores, a bookstore, and much more. There are about 10 restaurants including a bakery, Italian, Middle Eastern, a steakhouse, a family restaurant, Japanese, and more. The food was excellent everywhere. Skip the breakfast buffet and order a la carte. It's much better. The rooms from the Khedive's palace are gorgeous. The hotel does an excellent job of marrying the historical with the modern, and has won awards for this.
Service is excellent. The hotel is well staffed and attentive. Security is good with bomb-sniffing dogs, inspection of all vehicles, vehicle barriers, and so on. The business center offers a comprehensive set of services.
The hotel is popular for wedding receptions and can be noisy. Also, Cairo's young love to congregate and smoke hookahs in the garden cafe and restaurant, especially on the weekend. And the casino also attracts the wealthy and young. All of this activity can have a Vegas feel at times, so someone wanting a more sedate experience may want to stay elsewhere. But I find it a hotel that has something for almost everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among the premier Cairo, Egypt, hotels, Marriott Cairo Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, in the Zamalek area, is the perfect destination for weekend getaways, vacations and business travel. The twin towers of this landmark hotel rise 20 stories high and provide magnificent views of the Nile and six acres of palace gardens. Dear valued guest, Please excuse us as we are closing our swimming pool for renovation to enhance our facilities and make your stay always more brilliant. closure will be from 08th of October 2016 till end of June 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Cairo
- Cairo Marriott Hotel And Omar Khayyam Casino
- Marriott Cairo