from outside, Marriott was like a golden palace, The trip to Cairo was a good occasion to view the social life in this old great country. Although i came back there after 21 years, i, really, think it refreshing and enjoyable to compare how aspects can change in a small period of time. In all of my distanced trips, i do this for fun. it will be my cherished field of studies, for i was addicted to the ethnography of anthropology. My first remark, was that i felt how Arab spring revolutions deeply affected the people. Curses were heard, and political comments were made about situation in Syria and on Muslim brotherhood lust to hold power. Second, for my wondering, tourists were a scarcity, neither western or others, but for exceptions of refugees from other Arab countries. third, Stores and popular markets were suffering due to turmoil and shopminders complains about loss in purchasing. hotel promenade was a magical at night, so the swimming pool, service, was slow, but, workers were nice when joking and escorts not bad at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among premier Cairo, Egypt hotels, Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino sits in the Zamalek area and is the perfect destination for weekend getaways, vacations, and business travel. The twin towers of this landmark hotel in Cairo rise 20 stories high and provide magnificent views of the Nile and six acres of palace gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairo Marriott Hotel And Omar Khayyam Casino
- Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Cairo
- Marriott Cairo