“LUXURIOUS GROUND”

Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino
Ranked #8 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Cairo Marriott Hotel was such a luxurious ground.I enjoyed watching at the pyramids,their impossible designs.It was such a mysterious experience going around the Egyptian Museum which composed of magical creatures.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Caroline O
CairoMarriottHotel, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Ms. Caroline,

Thanks for sharing your feedback . we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward to welcome you back again soon

eCommerce Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,381)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Well run, clean, welcoming Hotel.
First time in Cairo, wanted to stay reasonably close to the Nile and Pyramids. Only around 16km from pyramids and right on the Nile so both boxes ticked.
Security is quite high at the hotel as Egypt is in the middle of a transition of leadership. Not sure how things were going to be when we found out elections were happening whilst we were in Cairo, but the people seemed happy when Sisi got voted in as President.
Walked down to the Egyptian Museum after breakfast and felt quite vulnerable walking around with my wife as gangs of men were making their way to Tahrir Square to find out results of election. We were very happy to make it back to the security gates with guard dogs and armed guards.
On the first night fireworks and cars horns being pressed all night, no problems that we could make out on the news so all happy.
If I ever go to Cairo again would definitely use the Marriott.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dean C
CairoMarriottHotel, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Dean C,

we are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and we look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Beautiful hotel , staff very friendly professional, this hotel is a real palace! The lobby is so international!! The grounds are very well kept. The rooms are clean and nice but average. Would go back!!! When things calm down.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Becky W
CairoMarriottHotel, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be more than happy to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The location is great, the staffs were friendly, the room was to small and does not smell fresh, the internet not for a free, the furniture's in the room was old and the desk chair was broken, the rooms need some update. Comparing this property with the other properties In the USA, this is really not modern, old and very pricy, I haven't been greeted as a Marriott elite member and haven't been upgraded as the other Marriott properties did for me in the past.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank chicagokev69
CairoMarriottHotel, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Chicagokev69,

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry for the experience you had. We will get into every point you mentioned and will get back to you.

Best Regards,

mosaad.hussein@marriott.com

Reviewed 28 May 2014

the hotel is good enough too stay in, but the reception employee is not nice enough to encourage you to stay. The day I stay in the hotel was my birthday and the hotel celebrate my birthday with a very nice move, because of this move I wrote a letter to the hotel to thank them but when I give it to the reception he took from me, then after 5 min. I pass in front of the reception and I saw the employees laughing at my letter, thats why I didnt like them.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Qasrawi85
EmyElShourbagi, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, and I apologize that you did not have a good experience with us during your last stay. I would very much welcome a discussion with you on the issue that you had with us, and would appreciate if you could contact me on yasmine.elgammal@marriott.com

Kind regards
Yasmine El Gammal
Customer Care

Reviewed 25 May 2014

If you pay good money you expect value. If i had paid the same amount to any other 5 star hotel in cairo i would have defiantly had a better room with modern things,, like a 21st century phone, a slimmer tv, slippers in the room, dental kit, power convertor and privacy. Question why house keeping so annoying. If i am in the room at around 8:00 am with no "please clean my room" sign hanging from the door and you knock and i do not open that means im sleeping, What on earth gives an employee the right to use his master key to open my room when i do not respond to his knock!!

But what made my stay terrible was forgetting something in my room at checkout and when i call back within the hour asking Housekeeping to collect it and i'll come back to pick it up they tell me its not there.

On the brighter side F&B in general and room service where good.
The hotel was clean
Reception staff extremely friendly and respectable
Guest services where stars of my stay

It hurts me to write a negative review about the Marriott Zamalek. But this is out of love to the property i grew around and am proud of.

Room Tip: Use the in room safe for all your valuables
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank TSeoudi
CairoMarriottHotel, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Mr. TSeoudi

Thank you very much for your valued review. We take our customer feedback with extreme care and would like to communicate with your goodself to better assess the problem and make sure we always have you as our loyal guest for a more rewarding experience in the future.

Thank you and kind regards.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

The hotel is a castle in the middle of Cairo on Zamalek island on the Nile. The main building it used to be a castle with a classic roccoco style. I assume any maintenance work on this property is practically a restoration. So far so good. However what the owner has done few years ago is adding two huge towers on each side of the castle converting the place into a 1000 room+ bed factory. With the casino on the ground floor seems a bit of a Vegas like concept.
If you were to stay for short trips and you have business in Zamalek is a good combination of efficient business hotel (however check in and check out time is long just due to size) with a bit of resort feel enjoying the nice garden areas with the pool and the plenty of bars and shops.
The property overall is a bit tired, but still living up to minimum requirements.

Overall a fair deal for a short stay with some compromises.

Room Tip: The Zamalek tower/wing gives you close access to the Irish bar downstairs, the opposite side has the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cosmopolice
CairoMarriottHotel, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear cosmopolice,

Greetings from Cairo Marriott Hotel,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments about our hotel, we do appreciate your interest in our palace and the historic story behind it. We look forward to welcome you back again soon and we can arrange for you a guided tour in the palace to elaborate more about our Gezira Palace.