We only had the one night stop over in Cairo so splashing out on the "Marriott" was a must for us.
Wow, what a building of course being an old palace what would you expect?
To be Honest,we expected a little more than "just a nice building".
Check-in. No verbal welcome in fact no real welcome at all. The room was really nice, clean spacious and everything we needed. In fact we needed something to eat. Looking out from the Balcony we saw many places to eat along the promenade.However getting something to eat was a whole new "event". The waiters all stood around talking (or reading the Koran, it was Ramadan). It took us 10 minutes to even get recognized, i wonder if it took just as long as with the other 27 guests? After getting hold of a waiter it took another 30 minutes to get served. The food was tasty, and the service ,non existent.
I believe the hotel received its 5 stars purely on the buildings merits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among premier Cairo, Egypt, hotels, Marriott Cairo Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, in the Zamalek area, is the perfect destination for weekend getaways, vacations, and business travel. The twin towers of this landmark hotel rise 20 stories high and provide magnificent views of the Nile and six acres of palace gardens. with an upgraded outdoor heated swimming pool, in-house guests can enjoy their relaxing time around the pool bar. Kids can also enjoy their time in kids pool area ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Prestigia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Cairo
- Cairo Marriott Hotel And Omar Khayyam Casino
- Marriott Cairo