My husband and I stayed in the Cairo Marriott and Omar Khayyam Casino twice for a few days each and stayed in both a garden room and a room overlooking the Nile in the Zamalek tower. Both rooms were large, clean and comfortable except the room in the Zamalek tower overlooking the Nile had some street noise even though we were on level 12 as we were near the road overpass going over the Nile. Otherwise we found the hotel to be beautiful and the grounds nicely laid out and expansive.
We ate in the Ristorante Tuscany (which had a small menu but food was ok), the Garden Promenade cafe (which had a great menu and the food was good) and the JW Steakhouse (which the food had a bit to be desired - mince in the hamburger was plain and the grilled chicken was overcooked and dry). There are lots of other restaurants to choose from and you don't really need to leave the hotel grounds.
The rooms were big and spacious and the hotel itself was beautifully decorated with statues and wonderful antique furniture.
There are lots of shops in the hotel and the pool was large and there seemed to be enough deck chairs for everyone. There is a small cafe at the pool for you to order snacks, drinks and ice creams.
The hotel is on the island of Zamalek next to the Nile and to go to the Egyptian Museum or the Khan El Kalili bazaar will be a taxi ride away of approximately 15 - 30EP depending on how much the taxi driver wants to try to rip you off that day.
You cannot drink the tap water in Egypt and you receive 1 free small bottle of water in the room a day and the hotel charges approximately 15 - 25EP for more. Instead you can walk out the main entrance of the hotel, go down the driveway, turn left and walk 2 blocks (past the Vodofone store) and buy big bottles of water at the Mobil petrol station for around 2.50 - 5.00EP as well as other snacks.
All in all it's a really great hotel and a sanctuary from the noise and hustle and bustle of Cairo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among premier Cairo, Egypt hotels, Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino sits in the Zamalek area and is the perfect destination for weekend getaways, vacations, and business travel. The twin towers of this landmark hotel in Cairo rise 20 stories high and provide magnificent views of the Nile and six acres of palace gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairo Marriott Hotel And Omar Khayyam Casino
- Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Cairo
- Marriott Cairo