“Majestic Hotel, excellent service, top class rooms”

JW Marriott Hotel Cairo
Ranked #11 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I spent 2 unforgettable nights here while in Cairo for business. Right from the concierge the reception was impressive. There are a lot of amenities and restaurants to choose from. The rooms are tastefully furnished and of a high standard indeed. Make sure u visit the fitness center, steam room and sauna!

• Stayed: May 2012
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your complimentary post on this forum, which we are all very delighted to receive.

My team and I are very pleased that you have taken time to share your detailed comments about our majestic hotel , and highlighted the beauty of our splendid restaurants and Fitness zone, variable amenities and of course our top class service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Cairo .

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Hotel Cairo

Reviewed 4 June 2012

well I can say that I was disappointed by their service , cause if u need to do any order it must be done at least 45minutes no matter how small is the order . and over and above in my 4days stay I changed my room key 3times and the reason they gave is that maybe I’m putting it near mobile which is the case in all my travels .
the staff are so polite and kind, this is an advantage for the hotel that should invest .

Room Tip: my room was facing the pool view , i liked it .
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2012

A very nice clean hotel
Luxurious one with friendly staff up to the number of stars of the hotel
Perfect service .
Breakfast is diverse with lots of options and on table coffe.
Pool and artificial beach and a very nice lake for sunset walks
Room has nice beds and very updated tv service including HD.
You can work from your gadgets on the tv screen.
I will be back to it whenever i have bussiness in cairo for sure.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken on to post this review which will indeed help other travelers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in Cairo.

I eagerly hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel soon.

My Regards,

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Amazing dinning room with quality fittings of grandeur and class. Formal dinning with standard Marriot steakhouse menu. Service was excellent, attentive, and overall satisfactory.

Food was high standard but lacked polish in terms of cooking and plate presentation. Steak was very good, but could have been a lot better with quality ingredients and skillfull cooking.

Cost is around 60usd for salad, steak, and sides no wine.

Good but not great.

And don't take any photos!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This is the best J W I have ever been too I've stayed there already 5 times and each time gets better. It's architecture and stylish marble floors and elevators makes you feel in a palace. Huge swimming pool and a man made beach with waves in the dessert. It is very safe with high security and far the busy city center.it is close to the airport and free shuttle is available. They will be waiting for you inside the terminal and treat you like Rotalty. There service and customer service and satisfaction are amongst the best in its chain

• Stayed: April 2012
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at the JW Marriott Cairo. Our team is delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and most importantly enjoyed our service.

I eagerly hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Cairo soon.

If I can be of any particular help, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2012

First of all, i have to say i have lived in Egypt 6 years and have stayed in this hotel before, and have yet again been disappointed.

This time we Stayed for a weekend for friends birthday, although the room and facilities are excellent, the staff, on all levels are just pathetic. From start to finish we were let down, and if I was Marriott I was be ashamed how this hotel was run. As we arrived off the motor way, half the gate staff were simply sitting doing nothing whilst cars were banked up onto one of Cairo's most dangerous road, whilst the second entrance lane remained closed. In the end it took over 15 minutes just to get off the Ring Road. Check in took 30 minutes, check out about 45 minutes. A bucket of dirty water sat on the floor outside our door the whole weekend, the bath had hair and dead skin in it. A lot of the ashtrays near the elevators were over flowing with rubbish and cigarettes buts. A pool attendant brought a menu over an hour after I asked for it, and followed me into the bathroom, asking for my room number as I went to change.

Breakfast was a disaster. Barely a spare chair, loads of tables full of empty plates and more than half of the buffet was empty. Staff were not being proactive at all about refilling the buffet. To me, as soon is a plate is almost empty you would have it taken to the kitchen and refilled, but not here. They seemed happy to have clients wait. There were plenty of staff, but they were all moving about doing very little, pretending to work. I asked for a condiment that had run put and it took 2 staff and 2 managers and 15 minutes to bet it for me, all before 9am. I sat at a noisy breakfast listening to small Egyptian kids screaming, whilst their parents could care less. I did wonder what business and other foreign clinets thought of this place.

I have stayed in a 250le/night hotel in dahab that has better breakfast and service than this place. This hotel is always busy due to its proximity to the airport, and it is not at all cheap for Cairo, but it is simply never good enough. If I was Marrtt I was be less than impressed as to how this hotel is run, and the service provided.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Overall- This is perhaps the worst hotel I have been to in the past 18 months. I travel around the world frequently so I was quite surprised with the service here.
First the high points- The hotel has some excellent facilities- a very good health centre with jacuzzi and sauna etc.; the rooms are spacious, and comfortable, views are good; there is a free shuttle from airport; and wifi is free.
Now to the negative aspects- the hotel is in the middle of nowhere. To get out, you are dependent on the hotel arranging a transport for you (where even a metered cab tends to overcharge you) giving one excuse or the other. The hotel does have a bus once a day to the city centre but it's at 9 am and they are not forthcoming about it unless you ask about it directly. This and some other incidents lead me to believe that hotel staff are not very helpful. The food i think is not fresh in most cases. I fell severely ill eating here and my colleagues in the past have too. But you are kind of forced to have it as you are quite far from any habitation. The breakfast spread is not as extensive as you would expect from a hotel at this rating and does not vary at all.
I think this hotel will need to improve quite a bit if it is looking to attract returning international travellers.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Harish_1973
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Our Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused, However I hope you will allow me to clarify a few points mentioned herein.

Please note that our shuttle bus schedules are always published on the screen behind the concierge desk showing our weekly and daily schedules; we have a daily complimentary transportation to both the Museum and Khan El Khalili except on Fridays since we offer a complimentary tour with a tour guide to a different sightseeing each week.
Furthermore, we also offer a daily shuttle transport to Heliopolis famous mall City stars at 06:30 PM as well as free transportation with our shuttle bus from and to the airport upon request.

I am disappointed as well to hear that you found " The breakfast is not as extensive as you would expect " since we offer different Breakfast options: fresh and chilled juices, a selection of cereals of 5 kinds , fresh pastries, croissants, rolls, toast and jam, A selection of yogurts, fresh fruit, and a choice of cold cuts and cheeses as well as oriental options as foul and falafel are available each morning.
Moreover we have the Chinese corner and omelet station available each morning. You may also choose to treat yourself to those little extras such as pancakes or waffles.

Hence I would appreciate it if you would inform me if you have any specific item in mind you wish shall be included in the breakfast buffet and it will be our pleasure respond to a valued guest's request.

Your constructive feedback and comments have been shared with our teams accordingly.

I trust you will contact me prior to your next visit so that I can personally ensure that you are well looked after.

Regards,