“Away from the traffic jam”

JW Marriott Hotel Cairo
Ranked #10 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Amman, Jordan
“Away from the traffic jam”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

The best service i have experienced in Egypt. The resort has excellent food choices, amaizing spa and a good gym. And most importantly, you are away from the busy traffic of Cairo yet within an hour drive of any destination in the city

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your candid comments following your visit to the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel

I am really pleased to have just read your review and delighted you chose to stay with us. The team here really does appreciate your nice comments.

I am also glad to know that you enjoyed our food choices, amazing Spa and gym.

Thank you again for your candid comments and looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,
Director of Rooms Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, Australia
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We spent our first 2 nights at this hotel and it was the outstanding hotel on our 2 week tour of Egypt, our room was so comfortable we were able to check in very early straight from our 6am flight arrival after fling from Brisbane, so we were very tired . The staff are outstanding and the food was the best we had in Egypt, this is a great hotel to relax after flights or before departing, an oasis of comfort and relaxation away from the rush and noise of Cairo city, The hotel has its own waterpark must be great for families and is also close to a large shopping Mall. Thank you all at JW Marriott Heliopolis you made our stay

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, 29 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to read that we continue to execute service delivery with a bar of excellence and create an amazing experience for our guests. I have already shared your review with my team and we are extremely delighted.

I trust others travelers will find your review helpful and very much look forward to welcome you back to JW Marriott Cairo Hotel sometime in the near future.

Kind regards,
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Great place for good price. It feels like entering an oasis after long days in the busy Cairo. Pools, restaurants, cafes of high quality available in the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpfull, even for non-common requests. I would suggest to anyone travelling to Cairo.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I believe our service delivery and attitude is fundamentally the most important aspect affecting a hotel stay and I am extremely pleased to read that you agree. This is exactly what we aim to achieve; 100% guest satisfaction.

I am pleased to read that you decided to stay with us again and you recommend our hotels to all travelers.

United States
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I stayed in this hotel in July for several days. Upon entering the property you go through a few layers of security. This was nice. It made the place seem safer. The hotel seemed to a faily big hotel with several restaurants and bar and lounge. I didn't get a chance to sample the bar, but everytime I passed by, there seemed to be a good atmosphere.

The food in the hotel was fantastic. I had ordered from room service and ate at the steak and Lebanese restaurants. Both places had a fantastic menu. As a Marriott property it lives up the expectation one would expect.

The hotel room was also spacious with a big bathroom, bathtub and separate shower. There were plenty of toiletries and there was also a bidet. I must say that the bathtub could use a good scrubbing, but since I didn't use it, it didn't bother me.

The place was kind of far from the main city of cairo, so getting around was a bit of a hassle, but it was tolerable.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

I am really delighted to read your feedback and it is so nice to hear that you had a relaxing and enjoyable time with us. Thanks for your kind comments about our F& B service.

We hope to see you returning to our wonderful city again soon, please feel free to contact me at any stage should I be able to assist you with your plans.

My Regards,
Province of Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 19 July 2012

On my travels yet again , I stayed overnight at the JW Marriott hotel in Cairo prior to me travelling to Alexandria the next day Everything about the Marriott is grand , checking in was quick and easy and my room had a excellent view overlooking the pool beach water resort, my room was very clean , modern and designed to a excellent finish .
The hotel has everything , swimming pool resort , 18 hole golf course , shops , sports center , health spa and beautifully laid out resteraunts catering for all tastes .I couldn't comment about everything in the hotel ( because i was only there one night ) but the hotel website would give you a more detailed review on what the hotel has to offer.
The hotel staff were very polite and are there if you need assistance ,during my stay I ordered room service the system for ordering was simple and within 20 mins my meal was at my door . But I do have to emphasise that YES the Marriott is a excellent hotel but when paying $250 a night you would expect that.
On my travels over the last year I have stayed in real luxury and the JW Marriott ticks all them boxes but on the other side of the coin I have stayed in places where a 1 star rateing is being generous .
Life's too short to try and find things that are wrong , people's tastes / likes are different if I don't see it or it's not going to bother me .......... Why let it spoil your holiday .

Driving or being driven in Cairo is a experience I would like to share with you , I took a taxi from the airport to the hotel the taxi driver told me it was about 30 kilms away and should take about 25 / 30 mins to drive .
To say the drive was an experience you would be right , after about 10 mins in the car i was quietly thanking a person i had never met .....that person was the inventor of the car seat belt and on quiet a few occasions during my drive I was praying .....but being British " stiff upper lip "and all that I soldiered on .
There is only one rule for driving around Cairo and that is drive fast and pray the other drivers are as crazy as yours !,,,,
3 lanes on the road means nothing if the driver sees a gap even an inch he his going for it .You can pass on the right / left / hard shoulder anywhere but it's more fun doing this fast .
My taxi driver got lost 5 times , on one memorable moment he stopped his taxi on the hard shoulder because he realised he was on the wrong road . He told me not to worry he had a plan ( then I started to worry ) I'm thinking well the next road turn off will be a few klms down the road he wanted to make my driving experience more memorable he started reversing his taxi down the hard shoulder for a bout a mile and Yes you've guessed it he did it FAST .
The only thing keeping my sanity in check was when I eventually do get to the hotel I will be able to drink alcohol . After an hour we found the hotel " it was a magical moment seeing the big JW Marriott sign on top of the hotel " he dropped me off at the hotel , i thanked him for the extra sight seeing tour of Cairo ......... And before I could say " good driving " he was off .....and so was I to the bar .
All in all the JW Marriott is well worth the stay ,you pay for the 5 stars and you get value for your money .Driving or being driven around Cairo is just another special gem to remember your holiday by and share with your family and friends when you get home .

Room Tip: Wear your seat belt .
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank cuddslfc
Sendai, Japan
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We usually spend a quick weekend escape at there, staff are perfect, room are perfect, pools are perfect, even the pool by fast food are great. This hotel is one of the most luxurious hotels in Egypt, and we really enjoy our time at there! Maybe it's a bit expensive, but you won't regret the experience. It's truly a Marriott!

Room Tip: Book the pool view room, it's a bit expensive but away better.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I have stayed at the JW Marriott on a couple of business trips to Cairo. Its a comfortable hotel with a choice of good restaurants on site, an excellent business centre and a range of meeting and conference rooms for any size of party. The lounge and bar area in the evening has a nice atmosphere with occasional evening entertainment in the form of singers. The only downside, you could be anywhere in the world.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the JW Marriott Cairo on Trip Advisor.

I am really delighted to read your feedback and it is so nice to hear that you had a relaxing and enjoyable time with us. Thanks for your kind comments about our Restaurants, Business Center and conference rooms.

Many Thanks,