“Fabulous!”

Ranked #10 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Paoli, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We had our wedding and first two night stay at the J.W. Marriott back in August 2007.

The wedding hall was beautiful, the honeymoon suite was fabulous and the hotel staff decorated it so beautifully for us. It was also super clean and the bed was incredibly comfortable, best sleep we've had in a hotel! The view from our room was to die for! The huge golf grounds looked so beautiful. Staff was courteous during our entire stay and made wonderful suggestions regarding the spa and restaurants.

We tried a number of restaurants as well as room service and they were all equally fantastic.

We went back less than a year ago and their service has gotten even better! The quality of the restaurants was great and the view more fabulous with all the upgrades that were done. It's worth noting that the hotel is very close to the airport and there is a beach themed water park outdoors for your and your family's convenience.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area. We're hoping to go back home to celebrate our 10 year anniversary there although we live in the USA now!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Dear valued Guest,

It is our absolute pleasure to receive such a positive comment about our services!

I am very pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us and assure you of this service standard is what you shall expect on all your future visits with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.

My Regards,
Director of Rooms Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 20 March 2013

My wife and I stayed at the JW Marriott Cairo a couple of times and we had dinner there many times. I have always been there for business dinners many other times as well. It is a luxurious hotel in which I have attended many day and night functions as well, be it conferences, weddings etc. The rooms as well as Suites are spacious, comfortable as well as impressive, particularly in the bathrooms layouts with nice views and balconies. The hotel offers several restaurant venues, from Italian to Lebanese as well as Sushi and a Steak House that is not to be missed either. The JW Marriott Worldwide is always a world apart. This Hotel boasts a golf course as well, therefore there is a also a Club house with bar and lounge as well as function hall and balcony. The Hotel is far from down town, but for whoever does not need to be on the other side, it is the perfect relaxing location to enjoy a great afternoon or week end after a long day or week.

Room Tip: Do not take rooms overlooking the pool that could tend to be noisy because of wedding functions by t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SHA12311
Leiria, Portugal
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I stayed in this hotel a few years ago and everything I can remember is: elegant entrance, huge reception and lobby area, big, cosy and comfy rooms. But the best part was the the Beach Outdoor Themed Water Park with a huge area for recreation.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Lcaseiro
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I have stayed here many times from 2007 through 2010, each stay lasting at least 2 weeks. The service, rooms, cafe, and the general feeling of calm were always what I had expected them to be: most excellent. I loved having coffee in the cafe area, which is large enough that you seldom know you are not the only one in the area. It's a good place when you are waiting for someone also.

And the JW is conveniently located on the Ring Road. From this road you can easily get anyplace that you need to go in Cairo and the surrounding area.

I ate in several of the restaurants at the JW, and I have never had a bad meal. I not only mean the food was excellent, but so was the service. And the staff in the breakfast area are always happy to be of service.

Room Tip: I always preferred a room having a patio that faced the golf course. The scenery and mood are calmi...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ralph D
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2013

If you're going to Cairo and don't want to saty in the heart of the city then the JW Marriott is a great hotel. It is excellent for business travellers, the suites are well appointed and the service is excellent.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tom F
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Excellent hotel with a number of restaurants. The staff were always professional and spoke very good English compared to some other places outside the compound. You are spoilt for choices from spa to restaurants to hotel grounds and swimming pools. I was amazed to find an indoor climbing wall (although small for the ones I've seen, I've never seen one inside a hotel). It does feel like a fantasy land for adults.

My favourite restaurant was the Lebanese one. The waitor was a little overly attentive, but I didn't mind, and just gave him more tips for the effort in making us feel special. We ate there 3 nights in a row cos we loved the selection and the food there. Service was very efficient too. Didn't enjoy the Italian restaurant so much, the pizza was not quite the usual standard expected, and the service was much below par compared to the Lebanese one.

I had the whole swimming pool to myself on the last day of my stay, which delighted me, the length was good for laps and very clean, and there were actually lots of other pools where kids and go off to play and leave me in peace (they actually had some huge water feature and slides in one, which made me feel like I was in Disneyland).

We walked around the hotel grounds too, which was large, I'm not a golf fan, but the grass was well kept for the purpose.

We had fantastic rooms (upgraded to some suite on our second stay, as I had vacated my 2nd hotel, to return to the Marriott), I would definitely try to book the Garden view again, if I were to come back. Waking up to the grounds was great everyday, we had a little frost on the grass one day, brought a very mystical feeling to the place. The rooms are decent size and the beds very comfortable for a long good night sleep.

Only disappointment was that the porter had forgotten to empty the luggage from the back of our taxi when we had arrived. Prompting a big search for the taxi driver, and we almost called the police as the return of the luggage took almost 3 hours despite calling the taxi within 15 minutes of him leaving. The manager initially tried to say that the porter had asked us how many luggage we had and implying that we were at fault. We were furious of course. After some explanation, they finally backed down and accepted responsibility. The rest of the time I felt all the staff were excellent and were very helpful, particularly in relation to trying to locate and chase the taxi-driver for the missing piece of luggage. I did not miss anything in the luggage which in fact, did contain objects that would be valuable to myself only.

Room Tip: We went for the executive package where breakfast and wifi was included in the price. It turned out...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tsimn
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your stay at the JW Marriott hotel Cairo,

It is hugely gratifying to read when staff efforts are acknowledged by our guests, I shall ensure your comments are shared with the entire team.

We appreciate your time you have taken on post this review which will indeed help other travelers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when visiting Cairo.

I eagerly hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel soon.
Sincere regards,
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2013

A very good hotel with excellent staff. Comfortable rooms, well stocked mini bar and a good view from the room. Elegant and calm with a dash of colonial splendour.

After the hustle and bustle of Cairo this hotel is a welcome oasis of calm.

Room Tip: Pool facing is probably best
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your complimenting review on this forum!

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

If I can be of any particular help, please do not hesitate to contact me directly

Best Regards,